1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Jermaine Taylor Joins Rotation; Ish Out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LongTimeFan, Dec 6, 2010.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

UPDATE: <a href="http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1005/adelman-courtney-lee-jermaine-taylor/">Video: Adelman talks about JT, Lee</a>
    <HR>
    Per Feigen

http://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen

Congrats Free JT'ers! We did it! JT has about 2-3 games to prove he should be in the rotation over Budinger. Then, Brooks will come back, Lee will stay at the two and JT will be squeezed out again if he can't show he should be playing SF over Budinger.

#1 LongTimeFan, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  2. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Terrible, terrible move!

NOT.

Showcase whatever little skill he has, and let's trade him out of here! ;)

3. Htown's2kFinest

Wondering why the change all of the sudden. Is he showing more in practice or is he possibly being showcased? Anyway I'm glad I get to see him play more.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

You know, I don't care who the rockets trade, but this is why i wouldn't have traded trevor. Basically, the rockets have 1 small forward and 4 shooting guards. To me, martin,chase,lee,and taylor are all sg's. Now the bigger issue with that is martin is a 32+ minute guy, but the rockets are concerned with his injury history. Chase,taylor,lee,nor martin can guard 3's in this league. So now, taylor is in the rotation at the expense of probably chase, but it does nothing in terms of giving battier rest.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ish Smith out. Hmmm.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I have noticed that Ish has been playing a little out of control past couple of games.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jonathan_Feigen Jonathan Feigen
    One more thing from Rox practice: Jermaine Taylor in rotation, Ish Smith out. Courtney Lee backup point

Yep, gonna see what JT can do...why not?

DD

8. LongTimeFan

Taylor is in at the expense of Ish Smith -- when Brooks comes back it will come down to JT vs. Budinger.

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I wouldn't take ish out of the rotation. He can make either lowry or brooks trade bait to me. Bad move

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

JT about to take Budingers minutes too.

Good for him. He's hungry.

11. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

Maybe it's time to raise JTs stock a bit, or ish isnt showing us what he was showing us the first couple of weeks he played with us. Brooks is coming back soon and they are rotating lee to pg position, then the Knicks are inquiring about a backup pg, hmmmm sounds like a DM move to butt rape the Knicks again? Somebody please inform me!

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It could also be that they are going to "Showcase" JT for a bit.

At this point in the season, what have you got to lose?

DD

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Feigen's previous post indicates that Battier left practice with stomach flu.

Related?

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Seems more like a matter of giving Cursetney Lee more time. He is bigger and generally shoots the jumper better than Ish Smith.

15. LongTimeFan

Doubtful seeing as he mentioned Ish was moving out of the rotation and JT moving in. If it was related, I'm sure the tweet would say that JT would fill in for the sick Battier instead.

If you wouldn't take Ish out of the rotation, you are even more stubborn than Adelman. Ish has shown some flashes, but he hasn't put it all together yet and isn't a consistent player for us.

I'm shocked that you think Ish makes either Lowry or Brooks expendable.. he's logged 12 minutes combined in the past two games. The writing has been on the wall for him. I think he's more of a project, not an instant-impact type rookie like Budinger was. Getting some early exposure was good for him, but now he needs to put in the work in practice and the NBDL.

JT paid his dues last year and this year.. I think it's reasonable to expect the Rockets to make Ish earn his minutes as well.

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

if anything it will make Budinger more focus and try to compete better and get back on track....at least I hope so lol

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Where's everyone that was on the Ish bandwagon?

18. s3ts

s3ts Member

please keep Ish.

please keep Ish.

19. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I think they'll keep him, it's just he's not really there right now. There is more value in Brooks or Lowry in a trade than Smith anyways.

20. anchel

anchel Member

It's clear that we're trading Brooks so we're proving Lee as backup PG, with Taylor taking Lee's role as SG. ;)