1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Fast Food Crap

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Feb 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Fatty FatBastard

OK, for lunch today I tried the new "Naked Chicken Strips" at Popeye's.

$2.99 for three measley strips. And that was their "special" price.

These were nasty. Basically it was one chicken breast cut into three pieces and broiled in some spices. I've had better baked chicken at home, and for about 50 cents, also.

Thank goodness I got a side of Red beans, or I'd have hit the fan.

Also, the Southwest Chicken Pita at JITB is awful, as well. Get the original Chicken fajita Pita. Only 9 grams of fat, and it tastes 10 times better.

So, are there any other new items/specials, that y'all thought sucked, also?

2. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

This doesn't suck, but the Popeye's Red Beans and Rice is the BOMB. Also the McDonald's salad with grilled chicken is good.

One thing I don't like is the Angus burger. It sounds good on paper, but it does taste good in person. It could be a case of the BK near me though. I know that the quality varies widely at different BKs.

3. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I've never liked them either. Stay away from the the new chicken enchilada grilled stuft burrito at Taco Bell as well. It's really pricy and not good at all.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I figured the naked chicken strips sucked.. way overpriced.. just trying to make a quick buck from carb kids..

The caramel apple empanada at Taco Bell is the only thing I have tried in a while.. and it was really good for a fast food .99 cent thinger

Oh wait.. I tried Pizza Hut's dippin strips last night.. they were actually REALLY good.. but they accidentally made them on a pan pizza crust, not the regular.. I think this is why it was so good. And they didn't charge me extra for it either...

5. coma

coma Contributing Member

That new chicken thingy from Taco Bell looks really good.

6. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

The tender chicken crisp sandwich from bk is one of the best fast food sandwiches I've ever had. Gotta go early in the day tho so they're still tender and not sitting there for awhile.

7. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I tried some Taco Bell Spicy Chicken Soft taco's last week and they were really horrible. Guess i should have known better.

8. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

This isn't a bad one, rather a nice surprise --

The Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich at Whataburger is THE BOMB!!! Best Chicken Sandwich I've ever had!! I absolutely love it. I could eat one for every meal.

9. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was just about to ask if anyone had tried that. Looks like I'm headed over to Whataburger.......

Thanks Night Owl!

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Don't do it Brian, wait for taquitos at 11!

11. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Chicken?

Get a Steak Quesadilla

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I had some really crappy beef tacos from Taco Bell about a week ago. I'm not going back there for a while. I'll stick to the beef/chicken fajita taco combo from Taco Cabana.

13. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haha. Couldn't wait for the taquitos. I'm kind of anti-Whataburger taquitos now. Taco Cabana is 2 mins away and their breakfast tacos are much better.

14. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

McRib totally McSucks ass

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I got suckered into trying a ultimate cheeseburger on sourdough once... :D

16. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Hearing some of you talk about taquitos made me think about the Sonic breakfast burrito, it's AWESOME, and served all day.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I bet that sliver of bread lastest about 19 seconds.

Anybody remember the collossus by JITB?

3 patties.. 3 slices of cheese.. 6 strips of bacon (i think)..

18. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Hell Ya. Not many burgers can jump start the colon like the collossus..:)

19. Isabel

Isabel Member

Agreed. Much better than the Wendy's chicken sandwich. (which drives me crazy... every time I find a chicken vein in there somewhere)

Also agreed with weakfromtoday about the breakfast tacos at TC - much better than Whataburger. For those of you lucky enough to have the option. They also come in more flavors and you can use all those salsas.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I really like Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich. I prefer it to the BK Tender Crisp. I actually prefer the regular BK Chicken sandwich better than the tender crisp.