1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Evan Fournier, SG, France - The Next Tony Parker?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by RealContender, May 26, 2012.

1. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

French SG Evan Fournier, 18, became the youngest player in French League history to score more than 20 points in a single game earlier this season.

"Fournier became the youngest player to score more than 20 points in French League history. He did it at a younger age than NBA Players Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs), Roddy Beaubois (Dallas Mavericks), Mike Pietrus (Phoenix Suns), Nicolas Batum (Portland Trailblazers), and Boris Diaw (Charlotte Bobcats)."

The above remark was posted under a YouTube video showing the shot that put him over the top.

2011 Season Stats (Poitiers)

6'7" 195

14 ppg, 3 rpg, 2 apg - 26 minutes per game

2. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

He's an early 2nd Round prospect according to the only site I visit about Mock Drafts (www.nbadraft.net), and if you're familiar with the way I want the Rockets draft to go...

I want the Rockets to acquire the 33rd Overall pick (from Cleveland) and select Fournier.

3. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

I'm guessing everyone here is only concerned with American players and ridiculous Dwight Howard trade proposals.
    Got it.

Anyone ever heard of Fournier?
    Have any thoughts about him?

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

5. RealContender

RealContender Rookie

Ahh I see. Is DraftExpress.com the preferred draft site of ClutchFans?

About Fournier, is he considered more/less athletic as Parker was when he came from France?

I like him, but the problem is we need guys who can play and make an impact NOW.

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Draftexpress is far superior to nbadraft.net. Just check their past mocks.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

They both suck.

8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

There are some good stuff over at Fournier's website, including highlights vids & stats comparisons to Tony Parker and Batum at the same age.
    (Also a pic of Fournier with his shirt off, if you're into that. ;))

I've only seen highlights of Fournier, but with the lack of good SGs in this league, he would seem like a good pick in the 20-30 range.
    He's got some Kevin Martin in him IMO. Might not end up being quite the scorer, but he's probably gonna a better ball handler and be a little bit more off an all-around player.

Add him to my like list.