1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Etan Thomas 6'6 1/2"??

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by jump shooter, Jun 28, 2000.

1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Talk about a smokescreen from the bucks. Jonathan Feigen on 610 radio this morning said Carrol Dawson and the rockets measured him without shoes at 6'9 1/4 and 6'10 3/4 with shoes. Etan Thomas worked out for the rockets monday. We could be setting up for the same type of scenario as last year with Kenny Thomas.

------------------

2. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

I heard that too. He said the Rockets were high on him. I also heard CD on the radio and they mentioned his name and he sounded like they really love his game. Atleast if we were to draft him we would not have an undersized power forward anymore. I personally think we will see a trade down to get this guy.

------------------

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I don't care what the Milwaukee paper says, Etan Thomas is NOT 6'6" 1/2. He is indeed close to 6'10" on the basketball court.

------------------
    HOOP-T
    ------------------

4. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Carrol Dawson is a honest man. George Karl is cheating.

You do not play center for a college team, and block 4 shots a game, by standing just 6-6.

------------------

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm From Syracuse when I'm not from D.C. In my book he's got 6'9-6'10 height, but I wouldn't draft him. I see a lot of holes in his game. Hart made him look better than he really was.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

6. SlamN

SlamN Member

Thomas is a big body. His offensive game is serverely lacking, although he displayed more talent than Cato. If the Rockets want this guy they can easily trade down a few slots and still pick him up. It would be a major disappointment if the Rockets used the #9 to pick up Thomas. I compare him to Jerome Williams of Detriot but not as intense and a bit more defense.

------------------

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I compare him alot to Bryan Grant with shotblocking skills.

------------------

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

From today's Milwaukee Journal Sentinal:

The Bucks may go with Thomas if he is available, despite reservations caused by the fact that Thomas is actually 6-foot-6 1/2, not the 6-9 he was listed by Syracuse. The Bucks like him because he plays defense, blocks shots and doesn't need the ball. He also has the kind of blue-collar mentality appreciated by the coach.

Karl said the revelation of Thomas' height was somewhat of a disappointment but might not dissuade the Bucks from taking him if he is available. "He's a warrior type of player," Karl said. "He's got kind of a Darvin Ham mentality. I don't think his size would be a problem because we're not looking for him to play 35 minutes."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/jun00/bucks28062700.asp

Ok, now I'm really afraid of us trading down and selecting Etan Thomas.

------------------