1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Garnett's on-court attitude revisited

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Chuck04, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-37-45/Kevin-Garnett-s-Big-Mouth.html

Pretty much I agree with this part of the article:

2. foodworld

foodworld Member

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just T him up.

DD

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

KG has always acted emotional like this even when he was in Minnesota.

5. Mr.TripleDouble

Agree 100% with the article.

There is indeed a difference between being competitive and Kevin Garnett's level of being "competitive".

The crawling on the floor at half court as the opposing team's PG brings the ball past the half court line is what irks me most. It looks like he's about to bust out that fighting style from Bloodsport.

I definitely believe if someone less popular was doing the same type of taunting Garnett was doing to Calderon a few weeks ago, they'd surely get reprimanded for it.

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Emotional, yes.

Emotional like this? Not that I was ever aware of.

7. verse

verse Contributing Member

*sigh*

who cares??

if some dude wants to slap the court and get on all 4s while guarding me, I'm gonna roast him on the way to the rim. I see no taunting in that. I see bad defense.

as 4 the calderon incident, I haven't seen it so I won't comment.

either way, kg's been extroverted from day one. the rules should not change because he's being fitted for jewelry. in fact, I think the L enjoys it over the "boring" spurs. so let's not confuse "movement" on the league's behalf for actual "effort." they love the controversy/animosity it causes...

#7 verse, Dec 12, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  8. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I don't mind Garnett's intensity and him howling and all that silly ****. But when you're clapping and waving your finger in someone's face, that deserves a technical.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I remember seeing him do a push up just after the tip off when he was in Minnesota. It's just something to get himself fired up.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

well, you'd like it if he was on your team

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If refs don't T him up, it becomes a glaring double standard.

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I'd like the intensity, but not him being a douche and disrespecting other players by waving his hands in their face.

13. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Don't blame some people voting for Yi because they are fed up with Garnett.

14. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Something tells me he is faking it.

15. Christopher

Christopher Member

I have a feeling that after playing alongside him for a while you'd know that you just need to tune out of 90% of the things he does and says.

In other words, I think he is a bit bat***** crazy.

I think now would be a good time for someone to sit him down and tell him he can be remembered as an un liked opposition players because of the way he carries on, or a great player leading a great team.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

All bark no bite. His skirmishes around the league has included Zaza Pachulia (where KG was about to get his ass beat), Anthony Peeler (where KG was definitely gonna get his ass beat), Andrew Bogut (where KG probably would have gotten his ass beat), etc. He's always been a talker on the court it's just being on the Celtics is getting into his head ten-fold. I wish he never won that ring.

17. Steve_Francis_rules

This is in no way the point of the article, but when did it become so common to talk about "competitive juices"? That phrase seems a little odd to me, but everyone seems to say it now.

18. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

KG's attitude has always irked me. Yes, a player should be passionate about what he does. But you can be a tough guy and a great player without saying or doing this outlandish crap. No other profession will have so many people making excuses for you if you act like a jackass. If KG acts up during a game, just T him up. No need to waste time arguing this, when other players get T'd up for less.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

He's basically the basketball version of Bill Romanowski, a loudmouth goon who disguises his douchebag behaviour behind his talent and now that he has a ring, hides behind the whatever it takes winner's mentality excuse. He wouldn't do all this if still losing in Minnie.

His emotional display at every little thing also makes me think he's the basketball version of Lars Ulrich. Tying shoelaces, need to yell. Putting on jersey, needs to bark out loud. Taking a piss, "I'M TAKING A PISSSSS!!!!!!". :rolleyes:

Whatever KG. :rolleyes:

20. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i completely agree with that article. garnett has become a classless jerk.