1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN/Fanhouse] Kings issues don't stop with Cousins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Nov 12, 2010.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Read more...

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-101112-14/testing-early-trade-winds

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The problems with Westphal's handling of Tyreke Evans were evident by the middle of last season. He coddled him WAAAAY too much. I've never had much respect for Westphal as an NBA coach.

One of the signature moments for me was a home game against the Lakers. Evans left the game with Kings down 5 or 6 with a couple of minutes left. The Kings ended up rallying to send the game into OT. In the first 2 1/2 minutes of OT (with Evans still on the bench), the Kings went up by 7. The crowd was in a frenzy. It was great watching the Lakers go down. But then Reke entered the game and the Kings offense completely crashed. The Lakers rallied to send it into a 2nd OT. In the 2nd OT, they crushed the Kings 11-2.

The game before, the Kings played great against the Cavs and it went to OT. In the OT, Reke's personal mission was to score against LeBron in isolation. As a result, he either missed or burned the shot clock down and blew up the possession for the Kings. They got outscored 13-0 in the OT period.

I strongly suspected DeMarcus Cousins would be more trouble than he's worth. I don't think he has what it takes between the ears to be a reliable contributor over 82 games at the NBA level. The long grind against great competition is just too much for some guys. They don't have the necessary work ethic and mental endurance to handle the adversity.

1 person likes this.
  3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Tyreke Evans may be the most overrated player in the NBA right now. He is flat out terrible, a one-man demolition crew to a team. He should never have won ROY. It should have gone to Stephen Curry by a mile. Evans is selfish, immature, and a basketball lamebrain that you are going to discover cannot play a team game, cannot play off the basketball and will never be an efficient scorer nor a good passer. The Kings, if they had any brains at all, should sell high on Evans right now. Find another chump team to take him and turn him into another first round draft pick before his trade value plummets to Baron Davis lows.

4. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

Steve Francis 2.0?

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yaa, Tyreke is like the biggest ballhog ever. That's why i thought Curry deserved the award more than him.

I remember watching couple of games, late game situations, he just runs around burning down the shot clock why rest of the team watches its ridiulous

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, but get this...

Steve had a higher basketball intelligence...

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I've been saying this since last year.

This dude never passes the ball. Pick & Roll??? Pick And Pop??? All he sees is a screen that helps him to score.

With this cousins things i'm sure eventually one of these guys will demand a trade.

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Must be why Carl Landry isn't happy in Sacramento and wants to come back to Houston.

9. scottie brooks

Wow feel bad for landry stuck in the middle of two divas. Wonder what his fate will be seeing as he will be a free agent.

And its spidermans uncle, not grandfather... do some research espn, sheesh. Just sayin

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

I like Cousins and Evans very much as players, but I feel like they need an experienced veteran presence or two to show them the ropes.

11. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

This is the only thing I care about and excites me. I know there are a lot of Kings fans here but I hope this turmoil continues long enough to get Landry back.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Are any of the Kings players happy?

13. startah

startah Member

its time to get Carl Landry back.. this Franchise is in turmoil and need some veteran leadership give them Shane battier :grin:

1 person likes this.
  14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Any yet I'd still rather have him than Ricky Rubio.

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The Tyreke Evans Kings Tour last year was ridiculous. Overhyping the kid giving him ROCK STAR promotion. Done in part to rally the the fanbase and to get a new stadium deal in Sacramento. The business and marketing and coddling side definitely took front stage on that team last year. Its no wonder Kevin Martin didn't have too much fond things to say of final month's experience there.

16. Raven

Raven Member

If a "star" is coddled their first year in the league, especially in regards to taking shots, they can get addicted to it, and it's twice as bad if they also play the point.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

So...is this where I go "I told you so"? :grin:

Cousins had the highest fat % in history of any player that entered the draft combine. Only an idiot would expect him to suddenly become this hard working player overnight Honestly I'm surprised at how quickly Cousins acted up though, I thought it'd take him at least 2 years before he lost all discipline.

On the other hand Favors is starting to improve little by little....

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I remember the game (vs. the Rockets) when he locked up the 20-5-5. I watched Kings team broadcast on League Pass, lots of hype and promotional ****. Homer announcers kept talking about it all game. Didn't even seem to care that they lost. I said it was the totally wrong thing to do to help a player grow and some argued it's just harmless PR. Guess Amick agrees with me.

19. conquistador#11

It feels like I've been out of it for a while. When did Landry say he wanted to comeback? Is there an article about it? Los links porfavor. =)

20. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

And here I was ripped by Kentucky fans for questioning Cousins' character and work ethic before the draft :eek: