1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Case Keenum on Verge of History

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by AFS, Oct 19, 2011.

1. AFS

AFS Member

Awesome to see ESPN giving Case some love

I say he breaks the record halfway through the second quarter on Saturday.

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

It would be really classy and highly respectable for Timmy Chang to be in attendance... Plus it would give him 15 minutes of fame... Maybe he can flip that into a reality show

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LOL its not that big of a deal, I'm not sure Chang can afford to just show up. He probably works at 7/11 or something. Is Keenum going to break Chang's other record too? You know... the bad one.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

**** you Timmy Chang!

5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

true its not that big of a deal...But Im sure the broadcasters would acknowledge his attendance.... And yeah he breaks that one too

6. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Wow, great story. Case Keenum will break total offense record on Saturday. It is going to be awesome when this player representing UH takes over #1 for total offense in NCAA. He's going to break another records this season too. Go Coogs!

1 person likes this.
  7. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

I think he will be a good QB in the NFL?

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I doubt it. He's just another gimmicky spread offense QB. I think he has good intangibles and mobility, but he lacks ideal size and arm strength. He'd get eaten alive in the NFL.

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Of course you did!!!... Keep waiting on someone to co-sign that opinion...Carry survival kit while youre waiting...Clueless!!! SMH

10. AFS

AFS Member

Yeah I think you're probably right. I think he (mostly) has good decision making and awareness, but doesn't really have the cannon of an arm necessary for NFL.

But maybe on the right team in the NFL, he'd excel? He'll probably make a good backup QB somewhere.

11. pge71188

pge71188 Member

I think he would do pretty well in NFL. Hopefully Texans use a 2nd or 3rd on him :cool:

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

In before GlenRice says something racist about Timmy Chang?

13. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I think he is on the College Head Coach career path. Maybe he can get on as a 2nd or 3rd string QB just to learn and establish some NFL credentials.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

You don't need ideal size or arm strength to be successful in the NFL. It certainly helps, but not necessary (Drew Brees comes to mind).

I don't watch UH much, so I won't even try to comment on his NFL prospects.

15. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Keenum doesn't have the ideal size for the NFL, but he's got great accuracy and pocket mobility as well as that unteachable coach-on-the-field awareness and poise that take some guys from good to great. Personally, I don't think his arm strength is as bad as some do. It's possible he could make a career in the NFL, but there are only so many jobs available. Drew Brees is who he models his game after.

I agree with Major that he's got "Future Coach" written all over him.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If he makes it in the NFL it will be nothing short of amazing. I hope he comes back to UH after whatever stint he has in the NFL and signs on as a QB coach here, then perhaps he can move on to OC somewhere. He has a bright future in football, but probably not on the field.

P.S. Can we stop calling spread offenses "gimmicky"? I think it's generally accepted as a mainstream offense now, and a lot of pro prospect QBs come out of them.

17. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I wonder if he'd stick around and coach UH after Arizona swipes up Sumlin. :grin:

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

You sound like Parcells aka Pat White.... If thats the value of a 2nd or 3rd pick then we should've jet-packed that pick for Brandon Lloyd .... Nothin wrong with reaching but thats going beyond!!!

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That was a great read. I wish there was a way to catch Saturday's game on TV.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It'll be on CBS Sports.