1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[espn]Boki:"Slovenia is not afraid of you"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Feb 27, 2006.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lnk

Slovenia not afraid of the U.S.
    posted: Sunday, February 26, 2006
    filed under: NBA, Olympics, New Jersey Nets

Memo to Jerry Colangelo: Slovenia is not afraid of you.

That's the word from Bostjan Nachbar, who wasn't exactly shaking in his boots -- it was more like shrugging in his sneakers -- as he discussed Slovenia's chances against the United States in this summer's World Championship.
    [​IMG]

sirjesse and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

...not as much as the rim is afraid of one of Nachbar's jumpers...

3. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

U.S. not afraid of Bostjan Nachbar
    posted: Monday, February 27, 2006
    filed under: NBA, Olympics, New Jersey Nets, white stiffs

Memo to Boki: The United States are not afraid of you.

That's the word from Jerry Colangelo, the head of U.S.A. Basketball, who wasn't exactly shaking in his boots as he discussed Slovenia's chances against the United States in this summer's World Championship.

"The only think we have to fear from a Boki-led Solvenian team are the constant ricochets from his errant shots", said Colangelo. "Boki couldn't even carry Yao Ming's jockstrap, even though that was his sole responsibility after he was drafted by the Houston Rockets."

When pressed on the issue, Colangelo admitted that he did not know who else would play for Solvenia, nor was he even aware of the country's location. "But I bet we could bomb the #$%* out of those mother#$%*ers if we needed to", he replied.

roslolian and Hoothrewpoo like this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can see this coming.

Boki talking smack against Karla, "I am not afriad of him." Rockets fans cheer.

Boki talking smack against the US, "We are not afriad of you." US fans jeer.

5. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

what the hell has slovenia ever done in basketball?

produced boki......wow. boki, once you get the splinters out of your ass, start talking crap about the country that invented the sport that you make a living from.

6. Heath

Heath Member

How is what Boki saying crap? You think they should be afraid? What way is that to aproach a game?

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

"We're not afraid of Boki" - every basketball player on the planet.

after the career he's had in the nba, anything remotely looking like trash-talking about the U.S. team is screaming to be made fun of.

and slovenia will be a lot more scared if we actually send our A team. i'm not saying we will b/c i don't know who has committed, but they better hope it's the C team again.

8. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Well guys..

I'm from Slovenia. We have some bench players in the NBA and all, but team USA better get good players to do some damage in WC, cause sure it's not gonna be team play that would bring victories.

I follow your posts and many of the GARM posters are talking about V-Span and having high hopes about him. Well, I should note you that he has a terrific teamate named Jaka Lakovic, who is one of the top Euroleague pointgards and was MVP candidate last year. He is the guy who could realy do some damage in the NBA. I think he will do some damage to US in the WC though. Of course with the european team play.

There are some NBA players from Slovenia you probably have heard of: Brezec, Rasho, Udrih, Vujacic.

We have 5 guys in the NBA and Slovenia has the population of 2 million people. Not that they are stars and all, but how many German NBA players do you know beside Dirk (ok, he's amazing) and they have 80 million people.

Well if you want to find out sth about Slovenia (yeah, I know you do):
    http://www.burger.si

9. Houston22

Houston22 Member

OK. C-Team?
    Iversom Lebron, Duncan, Carmelo, ..

That is C-team that won bronze in the last Olypics?
    Now I want to see that A team!

Well I could do some Boki defending about his NBA career, but you are all gona all find out the other side of the medal in VC. (I sure hope so)

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

our B team was the one that played in the Qualifying Tournament of the Americas. that had tmac, bibby, ray allen, and i think a few others. the A team would've been if kg, shaq, and kobe had been added to that team.

lebron, amare, wade, and carmelo were not the players they are now when they played in the olympics. the 2004 olympic team now might be closer to the C+/B- team, although they were still completely uncomplementary players. which is why even the B team was waaaayy better and smoked argentina (gold-medal argentina) by 30 in the championship game of the qualifying tournament.

11. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

i didn't notice boki talking crap about canada.

12. Houston22

Houston22 Member

I didn't notice boki talking crap about USA.

sirjesse likes this.
  13. RocketsFAN3035

I'm sorry, I found this to be hilarious :D

sirjesse likes this.
  14. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Boki is Awesome.

sirjesse likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Boki who?

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I believe him. This is the same guy who clubbed Karl Malone in a playoffs game. You think he is afraid of today's prima donnas? Puhleeeeze....

JVG was infatuated with Boki's talent. The only reason JVG traded him was because he was afraid of Boki's criticism of his coaching ability.... Boki has a mean streak....

DaDakota and sirjesse like this.
  17. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Way to go Boki!!

I think he'll play well this summer which will propel him to an excellent season next basketball year.

18. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

^
    |
    |
    Missing the point...Dr. James Naismith, a Canadian, invented basketball.

I got your back 3814 - even if I'm never moving back to Iceland (whoops, I mean Canada)

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

As long as it is a team game, and not an individual sport, the rest of the world has as good a chance as the USA.

What the US needs is a good PG to lead them....like Nash is .....too bad he is canadian.

Lebron is our hope, he is a distributor of the basketball, and you need unselfish players in the WC.

Hell, I loved watching Argentina play, they play a great brand of basketball.

DD

20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The 25 invitees will be announced this Sunday they will all go to tryouts and the final 12 will be selected from that group, am I right in that? I think so. I'm optimistic about these future US teams because of the coaching, it's great that Coach K is the leader, Jim Boehiem who is a master of zone defenses is an assistant, Mike D'Antoni who is a master of offense is an assistant, and Nate McMillan who ran a European style offense to perfection last year with the Sonics is also an assistant. I'm confident that they will select a good group of players, good shooters, passers, no guys who rely heavily on penetration to succeed, no guys who can only score at a high percentage inside the lane.