1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon's injury history

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jul 3, 2016.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I was curious just how many injuries Eric Gordon has had over the years that caused him to miss games. To be honest I was assuming I would see mostly knee injuries and surgeries but it looks like he has only had one major knee surgery, which was done, on his left knee. The rest of his injuries were not what I would call all that serious. They were certainly bad enough to make him miss games but none were bad enough to worry about lingering problems.

- 2010 – 2011 season - Sprained wrist with a bone chip fracture.

- February 14, 2012 – Gordon had surgery for cartilage damage in his right knee

- November 7, 2012 – After missing the start of the season for lingering knee issues from surgery spent 6 weeks rehabbing in LA. Played 1st game Dec 29, 2012 and no back to back games until April 10, 2013

- April 10, 2014 – Arthroscopic surgery on his Left Knee due to tendinitis.

- November 24, 2014 - torn labrum as a result of the left shoulder subluxation injury

- January 19, 2016 - fractured bone in the ring finger of his shooting hand

- March 5, 2016 - re-injured his right ring finger

I’m not sure if I’m missing anything but that’s all I could find. He had surgery on his right knee which he had issues with for a season and a half but he never had a second surgery on it. He had minor surgery to scope his left knee due to tendinitis at the end of 2014 but there were no lingering effects of that one. That’s all for any issues with his knees. At least that’s all I could find and he hasn’t had any issues with the left knee since 2013.

The other injuries were fairly minor. A torn labrum that caused him to miss 21 games in the middle of a season and a broken finger on his shooting hand which caused him to miss the end of this past season.

That’s a lot of damn injuries and a lot of missed games but the injury out of all of those that I see as career limiting is the left knee injury and he hasn’t had any issues with that one in years. So I’m going to put on my Rockets colored glasses and hope for the best.

3 people like this.
  2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I dont know how you pay a player 12 mil to come off the bench either.

3. Mr Chuck Norris

Iggy was paid 12 mil last year.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Great post. I like the Gordon signing of we aren't rebuilding. He's a freaky talent and would be a max player right now if not for those injuries because when he's been on the court he's been an excellent player. If he stays healthy you want him on the court as much as you can; which means Harden should be playing a lot more 3 this year.

I too hope it works out...if for no other reason than my fandom, perhaps to even out the atrocious $20 mil a yr deal we gave Anderson.

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Memorial Hermann staff better get to working overtime like they did with Dwight

6. nemac

nemac Member

Cause it's only 10% of the cap.

Looks like he's just been really unlucky with freak injuries beyond the knee stuff.

7. crash5179

Thats a good point. I think Bima tweeted that his salary is equivalent to a ~7 million salary last season. I think any of us would agree thats a pretty sweet deal.

8. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Can Eric play the point? Or is he only a 2 exclusively?

9. crash5179

He can play the point and has played the point...but he is more of a shooting guard. He is the perfect offensive compliment next to James Harden IMO. Harden is the one who handles the ball, he needs someone who can play off of him. Eric Gordon is that man.

10. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Great job MOREY!!!

Sign a player with knee tendonitis to play in our new system that is all about speed and run run run!

oh.. and who is also extremely injury prone

this will surely work out

:rolleyes:

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Iggy is more than a tad better than healthy Gordon.

12. nemac

nemac Member

Yea the salaries will take a while to grasp. I remember people crying about 6mil for Lowry.

That Iggy contract is not comparable, if he was a free agent now he would be getting 20+

So any evidence of knee issues post 2014?

13. crash5179

The last knee issues I could find were the scope in 2014 for tendinitis (end of ht season) which had no lingering effects and didn't following him to the 14/15 season.

The left knee was the serious one and he went back to playing back to backs in April of 2013 and hasn't had any issues on that one since.

14. Chamillionaire

No back to backs? Dwight seemed to be healthy last year. Maybe we can have Gordon on a similar regimen?

15. crash5179

He didn't play back to backs during most of the 2012 - 2013 season. He began playing back to backs again in April 2013 and has been playing back to backs since then. So no issues to the best of my knowledge playing back to backs.

16. Mr Chuck Norris

I disagree but that wasn't the point.

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Everyone needs to stop wondering who the point guard is or how he and Harden can do exist. They are talented ball players that will feed off each other. A tandem of playmaking ala Kyrie, Lebron/ Wade, Dragic, / Klay , Curry/ Pippen, Jordan/ they all bring the ball up court and make plays.

18. Chamillionaire

That's great news. Hopefully he can stay relatively healthy. Honestly, I'd be happy if he played more than 60~65 games.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Gordon's minutes should be limited to <30/game.

Beverley's minutes will be down from past 2 seasons, but a little more than a "backup", as the roster stands now.

20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

It's a gamble. If he plays all year, it's a great contract. Odds are he doesn't, and we don't get our money's worth. We're in a position where a gamble's not the worst idea.