1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enough is enough

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juugie, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juugie

Juugie Member

This Yao thing is getting out of hand. We're asking all of our players to reign in their games and do less for Yao and what is he doing with it? Not a damned thing.

I'm okay with everyone else sacrificing if dude is going to be a 23/12 consistent dominant force inside, but I am sick and tired of this passive, slow, frightened play. Get physical with Yao and he disappears. And how many games in a row is someone going to block our super, duper, soon to be one of the greatest ever center?

Manu Ginobli outrebounded Yao.

We've totally destroyed SF's game and confidence. Since the middle of last year when the Yao bandwagon started, Steve has been a shell of his former self. He had been pretty consistent up to that point of his career. He has not been the same since.

Unlike the rest of you, I don't assume that somehow Yao will magically grow some nads and become this beast of a player. If we were able to play against 6'9 centers, Yao would be dominant. Everytime he plays a true seven footer he has problems. He was being shut down by RASHO! Shame on you that think Yao is going to win his matchup with Shaq.

We will not go anywhere by featuring Yao in this offense. Half of the time, it's been Cat that's kept us in games offensively or helped us win games. The only way we're going to consistently have any kind of offense si to let Cat, Steve, and JJ get their games going.

Yao will lead us nowhere.

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Nice assessment. I agree.

This was Steve's team first, and still should be. Quite reigning him in, JVG.

Yao plays like a scared pre-adolescent little boy at times, and it's getting old.

Maybe Ewing is not a good bench coach... of course Dream always made him look like Yao.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

3. Sane

Sane Member

Tim Duncan is quite possibly the best basketball player in the world, and the San Antonio Spurs are officially the NBA Champs and unofficially World Champions.

Did you just forget the 22/20 Yao dropped on Ben Wallace, one of the best defenders in the entire league?

4. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

What do you want him to do? When he got physical in the 3rd quarter, refs started to calling offensive foul on him. And if you watch the tape, EVERY TIME Yao got into a deep post position and calling for the ball, SF act like he didn't see it. I'm not talking about 1 or 2 plays, I'm talking about almost EVERY SINGLE TIME down the court, even the Cat pass better than Stevie last night, this is ridiculous!!

5. xcharged

xcharged Member

he's obviously tired and a step behind.

Yao Ming off the bench. What's so wrong with that?

6. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

Hi juugie,

I have to agree with u on this one. Yao just can't score, can't rebound and can't do anything right. Now he even destroy SF's confidence. Yao's such a cancer of the team and now the team is sacrificing everything for this little soft boy? I will do it for you and strongly suggest the team to trade Yao so that Cat, Steve, and JJ can get their games going. As Yao's shut down by RASHO then I would suggest trade Yao and Moochie (both cancer and garbage) to SA for Rasho. I would even think that SA would happily throw in a draft pick for this trade. Then u're happy, SF's happy, the team's happy, Yao and SA would be more than happy too.

7. farhan007

farhan007 Member

dude, if francis can get bashed enoug and be called a cancer im sure Yao can also be called cancer...

8. dragon167

LOL. I dont know how do u get the impression that I think Yao cant be called cancer. I even suggest a solution to get ride of this cancer.

9. Juugie

Juugie Member

First of all, people try to put Yao near Duncan's level which is ludicrous.

Secondly, like I said, if he can play against 6'9 players, he would be dominant. He always has problems playing against anyone even close to his size.

Yao is like your older brother that looks all world when he's playing you but looks like a wuss when playing people his own age.

10. Juugie

Juugie Member

Trust me, Sane, if I could get a truly physical low post threat in return, I'd ship Yao out in a heartbeat. Four years from now, people will be looking at the trades we could have made for Yao just like we look back at the trades we could have made for Ralph Sampson.

11. dragon167

Firstly, this post is posted by me, dragon167, rather than Sane. I dont think Sane would post such a piece of garbage.

"Truly physical low post threat"? Would u make some suggestion? Rasho?

12. Sane

Sane Member

Listen guys, the fact of the matter is, if you were drafting C's today, you'd go in this order:

Duncan
    Shaq
    Yao

So if we can't trade for Duncan or Shaq, then we need to just wait for Yao to reach their level. We will not get a better C in return, and I absolutely refuse to build a team without a damn good C - something that Yao is, and isn't the norm in today's NBA.

Yao's just fine. It's just that this team is built in a way so that it will take a LONG time for them to resemble a team with chemistry, and will never fully click like the Spurs do.

If we keep losing, it's a problem. But ow much will your opinion change if Yao drops 20/10 on the Spurs in San Antonio and we win? Maybe it won't happen, but the fact that one game would change your entire decision means the these opinions are a tiny bit premature.

13. dn1282

dn1282 Member

why do certain people always speak up only when we lose? and why are there so many damn haters on this bbs?

if you argue that Yao never plays up to expectations when he goes up against premier centers (or people his size in this case), why don't you comment on the fact that your beloved Francis gets lit up by virtually EVERY point guard in the league, not just the premier ones. SF gets lit up as often as Eddie and MoT's bongs.

If you are going to hate, at least share the hate. There isn't a player on the rockets who I believe is flawless, including Yao.

14. Juugie

Juugie Member

SF gets lit up, but before we took his game away, he dished out more than he took.

And I actually spoke up after Yao's 20/20 game against Detroit also.

As the season goes on, he spends more time trying to flop and draw calls. Refs are not buying it.

This team as a lot of good offensive players, even players on the bench, that are sacrificing their games to get Yao involved and he's playing like a wimp. Move him out of the paint. Let him shoot jumpers where he's more comfortable, and open up the driving lanes for everyone else on the team.

15. Juugie

Juugie Member

Also, people like Yetti and Fegwu NEVER post after Yao has a bad game. But let Steve have one and they are all over the board.

Yes, Yetti and Fegwu, I'm calling you out. LOL!

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao was horrible last night, but that happens to everyone, Tim Duncan has had bad games, everybody has. Nobody else stepped up either while Yao was struggling so let's not blame one guy.

I'm sick of people putting down either Yao or Francis. We should learn that unless BOTH of them play up to their potential we won't win as much as we should. It will take both of them. Some fans act like it has to be one or the other.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We've seen the Rockets without Yao and we didn't go to the playoffs, and our offense was completely stagnant.

Without Steve defenses will collapse on Yao, and he won't be able to be effective at all. Yao's already horrible rate of TO's will go up, and so will his fatigue as he has to fight off more defenders than before. Yao can be the go to guy throughout the game, but at least at this point he can't take it over. Steve can. They compliment each other.

Both Steve and Yao do deserve criticism, but there shouldn't be fans saying if Steve can be bashed so can Yao etc. Just because one guy gets slammed doesn't mean that fans should then bash his teammate. The team and hopefully the fans are all in this together. We should act like it.

17. dragon167

Hey Juugie, why not name some " truly physical low post threat" that u would ship Yao out in a heartbeat?

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

If you have aid any attention to my posts whatsoever, you know Im no fan of Yetti or Fegwu....

but...

what makes your threads and hysterical Chicken little crowing about Yao better than theirs about the guards?

19. jshabang

jshabang Member

Hold your horses campers...........

First of all.........YAO is playin like a wuss.......We don't know why though......there is a reason........and we must figure the reason out before we scrap him like a old floor model TV......

If you remember last year...as a Rook I might add......YAO dominated the Twin towers........Remember he lit the spurs up last year with D Robinson, and Tim in the post...they couldn't guard him.........so the dominance is there......its just bein blocked by something and we must figure it out before we talk about scrappin a 7'6" center

No matter what......he is the second best center in the league and there is a shortage of quality centers in this league.....and there is 28 teams who would love our problem of a center

Look at startin centers around the league....
    Camby
    Jerome James
    Jake Voskuhl
    Samuel Dealmbert
    Raef Lafrentz
    Shawn Bradley
    Greg Ostertag
    Kris Kaman

Need I continue........the bottom line is Yao is no where near where he needs to be and is playin like a Houston Comet and not a Houston Rocket....and we need to figure out why and fix that, not scrap him.........

Also keep in mind he's still ayoung fellas.....you don't scrap guys after a little over a year fellas.......if he's still a comet after a couple more years then we have a problem...until then everybody take a deep breath and relax......our problems aren't that bad

It could be a soft center teachin another soft center....ever thought of that.......Ewing was never a pure physical presence

Or maybe its all summer of National Team ball....whatever it is we need to figure it out......because the way he is playin is unacceptable....he needs to step his game up......that all bein said.....I wouldn't trade YAO for anything right now...

Or maybe hes sick and tired of fightin for position in the post so many times just to get ignored my Cat and Steve.......I've seen Steve and Cat Ignore YAO like the Plague For 2 and 3 quarters at a time and this is when he's been on a roll.......I almost lose my voice at home screamin to the top of my lungs...and they just swing the ball to the other side of the floor....I'm frustrated at home so I know YAO is frustrated in the game

Anyway

One season does not a career make......

We're havin a winnin record, playin great D, Second place in the best division in basketball (check our bracket, its brutal, the Spurs were in last place and 3 games over 500)and it can't get any worse, it can only get better because we have a great control coach....Relax we'll be alright

Also one last point.......YAO and the whole team are a reflection of the Team as a whole
    Good D, offense a work in progress, Sometimes the offense is clickin, sometimes its not, but we're comin around

Yao has played great D so far shuttin down the middle.....and changin more shots than the law should allow......thats a key stat for big man....not neccesarily just blocks, but how many peoples shots he changes....His offense will come around, hell the rockets offense as a whole will come along

One Encouragin sign is that we're winnin and we're not clickin on all cylinders, you can't beat that

Bottom Line We'll be okay

;) ;) :confused:

20. Juugie

Juugie Member

Trades for Yao that I would make:

Yao, Moochie, and throw in for Amare and Penny
    Yao and Moochie for Dampier and Nick Van Excel
    Yao and Mot T for Jermaine O'Neal and Artest
    Yao for Zach Randolph
    Yao for LeBron - I can dream right?

I won't even metion the carzy ones like Yao for Shaq, etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.