1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Email Shows Lois Lerner Warned IRS Employees To Hide Information From Congress As Tea Party Scandal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, Jul 10, 2014.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/9/gop-lerner-warned-irs-employees-hide-information/

It is becoming clear why she pled the 5th. She knew then she was in trouble.

2. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Telling people to be cautious about the content of their email is not the same as warning them to hide information. Either you didn't understand the article or decided to lie about it anyway. Given your ideological leanings, I believe you chose to lie intentionally in the headline.

Clown show continues.

3. False

False Member

Bobmarley, if you haven't had anoffice job you likely wouldn't understand, but telling people to be cautious in their communications is something that occurs in all workplaces. My boss tells me to be cautious of what I say in emails, too. Thankfully it is innocent until proven guilty in America and thank god that choosing not to testify in court can't be pointed to as evidence of guilt. The Constitution has been read to protect us from people like you who see culpability in every action.

4. bobmarley

When you put together the evidence of the case and the context of when this email was sent, there sure is a lot of smoke.

You all know my opinion does not affect the case personally, but you also know there sure is a court of public opinion take the Trayvon Martin case for example.

This is the kind of IRS we are dealing with...

IRS Employee Suspended For 100 Days After Caught Repeatedly Urging Help Line Callers To Re-Elect Obama…

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ed-pro-obama-activities/#.U76xxENy5Ro.twitter

#4 bobmarley, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  5. GladiatoRowdy

I do New Hire Orientations every Monday and one of the things I point out is to be very careful about email. Specifically, I tell them not to put anything in an email that they wouldn't be comfortable having published on the front page of the Houston Chronicle the next day.

6. GladiatoRowdy

Yes, this is because the GOP have been blowing smoke on this issue even though there doesn't appear to be anything of substance there.

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Funny... I say the same thing during new hire orientation. AND every Monday nonetheless. :eek:

8. Steve_Francis_rules

You're absolutely right that this happens all the time in the workplace. Most of the time, the employer wants to make sure you're not sending inappropriate/personal emails or anything with proprietary information to outside the company.

The wording here is a little odd though, since she seems to be saying be careful about your emails specifically because Congress might be looking.

9. bobmarley

I'm glad to hear your companies want you to be careful about your work emails.

This is the IRS. They are by law required to keep thorough records of any and all communications and not to hide anything. The fact LERNER was telling them to be careful what was put into emails after she knew Congress would be looking at everything and the EMAILS that MIGHT have any incriminating evidence had already been destroyed is pretty fishy.

10. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

IRS ignored advice to use outside experts to recover data.

I think it's pretty clear that at this point that this is actually serious - but can I take a moment to castigate the Tea Party for their repeated attacks over the years? Thanks to all sorts of ridiculous charges like Fast and Furious, Benghazi, and so on, we have a complete "boy cried wolf" scenario.

12. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Tell that to fine-ass Nancy Temple.