1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon's biggest problem @ Twitter - he's not funny at tweeting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Dec 2, 2022.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Warner and Paramount also pulled their advertising…

2. adoo

adoo Member

as i see it,

with the drastic decline in Ad revenue, X would be hard-pressed to pay off its large debts.
    Elon will be forced to sell chunks of his Tesla stock to help pay X's monthly loan payment.
    large sale of Tesla stock, by Elon/hedge funds/mutal funds, will drive down the stock price even more

3. Buck Turgidson

At least his next rocket will explode over South Texas and it won't effect anyone at all

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

Put your shorts on big boy.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

musk is getting more trump-like by the minute... a "thermonuclear" lawsuit against Media Matters? I am surprised he didn't mention the size of his button...

Andre0087 likes this.
  6. adoo

adoo Member

sold a synthetic short on TSLA, constructed this 10-pt credit spread, using Dec 2023 expiration.

collecting $5.15 in advance, which defines my max risk of $4.85

i am risking $4.85 to win $5.15 that TSLA will close below $230 by Dec expiration

[​IMG]

Sajan likes this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Member

I thought the rich AF people like Musk, Gates, Bezos, et al just took loans against their stocks, to cover their expenses.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

10. Major

Major Member

So his argument is that Apple and company's ads only occasionally showed up near neo-Nazi content and that Media Matters "forced" that to happen? And thus he's defending free speech by threatening to sue people who choose to exercise their free speech rights?

What ever happened to his ADL lawsuit?

I wish he'd actually file one of these lawsuits so the opposing parties could do discovery on the all the fun things happening behind the scenes at X. But he won't for the same reason he backed out of the original Twitter lawsuit - he can't testify without purjuring himself or making a fool of himself under oath.

Sajan, MadMax and Ubiquitin like this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I wonder where his lawsuit is against the EjonJet guy, Microsoft and OpenAI, CCDH (researchers who documented the rise in hateful tweets), ADL, Twitter former employees, Thread, and so on. I hope he really follows through with these lawsuits.

Sajan likes this.
  12. Major

Major Member

While interesting, I'm not sure that Tommy Tuberville is doing any regulating of Tesla anytime in the next 30 days (and he's almost certainly going to lose his $50k if it wasn't part of a larger trade - which I suspect it was; otherwise, he's extremely dumb). But beyond that, technically US Senators regulate the entire economy so any stock he owns would fit this definition. Is there anything specific Tuberville is working on regards to the companies listed here? His committees have nothing to do with Tesla, for example.

13. foh

foh Member

He is a senator and likely has priveledged insider info given his line of work and the circles he interacting with. A senator should concentrate on legislating instead of trading individual equities derivatives - they have enough power as-is without needing a tons of money for an extra power trip..

Can't believe people find this ok

Invisible Fan and Ubiquitin like this.
  14. Major

Major Member

The post doesn't suggest use of any insider information - which is already illegal. It's just that he's "regulating" the company, which I guess is true in most generic sense of the word that Congress regulates commerce. But the implication is that ANY investing should not be allowed by Congresspeople.

Investing is a fundamental part of building a retirement for any American. As long as it's legal, they should do it just like you or I would. If you make it illegal, then the only people who'll run for Congress will be independently wealthy old people who don't need to invest. The AOC's of the world will be priced out of being Reps or Senators if they can't invest for the future during their critical years where compounding matters the most.

It's a policy that sounds good because "evil rich people" but the unintended consequences result in exactly what people hate about government.

Does this mean anyone who works a normal job is incapable of also trading stocks or options because they can't do both things?

#814 Major, Nov 18, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
  15. foh

foh Member

Traders in propriatery trading firms can't trade in personal accounts due to potential conflict of interest and ability to manipulate prices. Same should apply to senators. He can trade a mutual fund in a blind trust if you want to make it fair. Investing is not a freaking human right that you make it out to be - it's a priveledge. If I remember right senators' retirement package is pretty good. I wouldn't worry for them (esp considering that they never seem to retire.)

Ubiquitin likes this.
  16. Major

Major Member

Nonsense - traders have those restrictions because of actual ability to manipulate and trade against themselves. A senator using inside information is illegal; a senator not using inside information is no different than any other random person.

Senators, like anyone else, respond to job incentives. If you make the job less appealing by taking away their other opportunities, then you'll get lower quality candidates - the opposite of what you want.

Besides, there's actually plenty of studies that show, as a whole, Senators and House members don't do any better in the stock markets than anyone else. Some do better; others do worse - just like the general population.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  17. foh

foh Member

Don't matter to me if it's legal or illegal or if they do better or worse. I care about perception that our government body is corrupt. That perception is what drives fellow citizens into becoming pawns of con artists like Mr Trump and trying to subvert my country's government
    (eg Jan 6th incident)

If you think inability to trade options is going to decrease quality of candidates, I have a bridge to sell you.

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

lol

19. adoo

adoo Member

altho i can't stand that jack azz Tuberville, as it relates to him shorting TSLA, there is nothing illegal about it.

recent developmnts such as
    • his anti-semitic post,
    • major corp pulling ad from X
    • hedge funds / mutual funds are trimming ther TSLA holdings
    • the huge loan payment for X
    are all public news; not based on insider informaton

Sajan likes this.
  20. adoo

adoo Member

given that neither Elon nor any TLSA employees have been called to Congress to testify, and all recent TSLA/Elon developments are known to the public, this is merely peculation on your part.

you need to stop "shoulding" around

#820 adoo, Nov 19, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2023