1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elon vs Twitter update: Elon in Israel !

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Mar 26, 2022.

?

Who is for democracy?

1. Elon

33 vote(s)
    58.9%
  2. Twitter

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. Chinese democracy by Guns N Roses

14 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He is going to start his own Twitter because he doesn't want to pay 20 bucks?

ok

Good luck

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

mind-reading again?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Context. Because I read all you and your friends' whiny posts and indignant sputtering in the great "Twitter censorship kerfuffle" thread whenever anybody provided you with the exact response you are now throwing back.

4. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

It's my understanding the former Twitter CEO is already in development of another social media platform to attract the likely jumping of ship from at least a portion of the active Twitter base that preferred the old Twitter. I tend to think Elon's Twitter is going to go the way of Gab/Parler/Truth social but with another means of extracting money per month out of suckers that want to post with Iron Cross avatars and neckbeard selfies.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-money-tiktokers-make-real-creator-examples-2021-7

Even Chinese owned Tiktok pays its content creators, albeit not nearly as fairly as Youtube does, which isn't without it's fair criticism in how it treats it's content creators.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wouldn’t mind a subscription based CF if it got rid of most of these bumass Sengun Only Fans

ROCKSS likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

7. London'sBurning

I understand, but Ignore function really helps. Once you know someone is a troll, just move on. Just like it takes at least two people to make a fight, the same is true for troll engagement.

8. TheresTheDagger

Didn't seem to be an issue when the "major contributors" were people like Trump.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Are you referring to Twitters founder Jack Dorsey? Oh boy do I have news for you.

Jack Dorsey and Elon Musk are besties.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

if these scrubs keep up the nonsense, I may have to start using it for the 1st time…they’re an infestation

London'sBurning likes this.
  11. London'sBurning

Yea, I don't keep up. I don't root for any billionaire personally.

12. dmoneybangbang

And they were trying to figure out how to monetize then as well as Twitter hasn’t been a money maker.

If Elon doesn’t care about making his money back or making Twitter profitable then it’s a non issue.

13. TheresTheDagger

I think he cares but it's not necessarily the most important issue for him.

14. Space Ghost

I'm sure you wouldn't mind SpaceX failing thus setting the US way behind in space exploration. Same with Tesla. Many high tech jobs lost.

Jack Dorsey spends much of his time in Nigeria helping develop open decentralized social media networks (Blue Sky is his current project) and payment networks. His goal is to help people in high authoritarian areas to give them more access to freedom of speech and get around the very expensive and corrupt payment networks and governments.

But yeah, billionaires suck.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The MUSKLORDS are owning the libs by. . . arguing for the merits of a subscription model.

Good lord, why don't you put together some slides and stake some claims on LSV and ARPU.

Look at what you people have done to yourselves.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Because you wouldn't understand.

17. London'sBurning

There's many other companies in the space rocket business beyond SpaceX. They also launch rockets much more than SpaceX does. If SpaceX were to dissolve, the employees that carry the company in spite of Elon would go to other rocket building companies or if they've accrued enough wealth and reputation themselves, would create their own rocket company to compete with all the rest out there that the U.S. and other developed nations contract with.

Tesla screws over it's employees in factories while receiving huge government subsidies and doesn't address racism within it's workforce. You know this. It's been linked before on this message board.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even the once highly criticized Spinlaunch is showing itself as a possible alternative in the niche market of sending rockets up into space.

https://www.arianespace.com/vehicle/ariane-5/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Me thinks you need a Scott Manley Subscription to keep up with all the other rocket companies that are sending their rockets successfully and more frequently than SpaceX to avoid sounding like Gavin Belson.

He's been covering every space launch for years now. If SpaceX disappeared tomorrow, other companies with better CEOs would pick up the slack easily. Elon needs those government contracts more than U.S., excuse me, ahem, humanity needs Elon. Don't be fooled.

#1757 London'sBurning, Nov 1, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  18. dmoneybangbang

Both those companies heavily rely on government support.

Elon Musk isn’t Jack Dorsey.

19. dmoneybangbang

Time will tell if this wasn’t just some stunt.

20. Space Ghost