1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Ok. Had you not quoted my post, I wouldn't have blinked.

2. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

He doesn't have to take it if he doesn't want to.

He solution is simple. Pull an Omer Asik.

If he or his agent went to Morey and said trade me or I cause a stink. Can you just imagine the PR nightmare if spoke out for the FIRST TIME in his career and publicly aired his beefs that Morey wouldn't trade him.

Lin's army if fans are already foaming and chomping at the bit and this is with Lin being the perfect teammate and backing all the teams and coaching moves. Imagine I Lin gives the green light to his fans and takes his grievences public. My the distraction an massive nationwide publicity would ruin any chances at the team making a run in the playoffs this year.

So it's up to Lin. If he stays quite then he is fine with how things are and so should the rest of us.

I like Beverley more as the starter on this team. But if I was Lin I would Demand a trade like Asik. The guy is seriously hurting his career.

3. amak316

amak316 Member

I agree that they shouldn't be but for whatever reason the general perception seems to be that he isn't starting because he's worse than Beverley (he isn't) and that his performance after coming back too early from injury against OKC was indicative of his talent level (it isn't).

Houston isn't a big enough NBA market to get a lot of regular season attention so I think his market value would be lower than his actual value. Morey tends to not move people when that's the case IMO.

4. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

If all it takes are a few annoying fans to steer their franchise decisions, they're screwed.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Member

They have done it at multiple positions.

Deke at center
    Hayes at PF
    Battier at SF

And now Bev at PG.

This is not a new concept. These sorts of players are known as "role players". They provide a specific role the team is in need of.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

Fair enough. I am going to go watch scandal.

7. pnr

pnr Member

Yeah. I feel so bad for Lin that he has such terrible, overzealous fans. You have to think this lowers his trade value because an organization might not be willing to take on all the noise and hoopla that will constantly surround him.

8. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I think Bev is fine as the starting PG. However his minutes should be reduced, or at least the coaches could play the Bev/Lin backcourt more.

9. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

I'm sure just about any team In the east would take him and start him.

10. pnr

pnr Member

He's not getting traded unless it nets us someone who will contribute as much as him to the team at least. We need him on this team as PG depth is really low. Bev needs all the offensive he can get and Lin is a perfect complement to him.

11. pnr

pnr Member

Lots of teams in the East are trying to tank right now.

12. jms99

jms99 Member

Lin is awesome as 6th man. Way better than harden and lin playing together all his minutes. That's common sense.

But duh, why would he play 35 minutes tonight after sitting around with a knee contusion.

13. Aleron

Aleron Member

Didn't hurt Tebow....oh wait

14. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

Let me ask you. Why are you so hel bent on not trading Lin. I understand everyone is high on Bev's amazing defense. So why not encourage a trade and bring some peace to this franchise and let Lin explore he very high potential somewhere else.

15. Breitbard

Breitbard Member

Love when Clutch lets the "Lin hate "come through; you know this threads going to take off! :)

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

This worked beautifully for most of the season. I'm hoping Sampson just abandoned it tonight due to Jeremy coming off injury. Bev needs another scoring-but-willing-to-pass guard in the backcourt with him, as much as possible.

17. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

Tebow can't play pro football as a quarterback.

Lin can play Pro basketball.

That's the difference

Lin doesn't fit here anymore and the friction is tearing this team apart.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Honest question, sincerely not trying to be contentious. Why do you interpret a (factual) positive comment about Beverley as Lin hate?

19. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

No. He merely stated a fact. The Pg matchup was not the problem tonight.

20. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

I am still surprise at how easily we just toss away our #1 back-court duo. Lin and Harden duo was developing nicely last year.