1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

Today, 12:42 AM #1860
    Play07

Since: Aug 2013
    Member: #56270

Too much blaming Lin & bev here, all we need to do it put the ball in hardens hands and have a spot up shooter like fisher was w Kobe and we will win most games, he will be able to win most games & take us through playoffs series to the finals, he's our superstar just trust him we can't win them all guys these kind of games happen.

2. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

this thread isn't even a knee-jerk to the loss tonight. I could have made this thread last week and it still would have been how i felt.

3. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Lin is the hero LoFs need, but don't deserve.

1 person likes this.
  4. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

Lin will be happier

We Rockey fans will be happier

Everybody will be happier.

If there is any mercy in the NBA Lin gets shipped out to a teams in the East next week and this board can once again live in peace.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

None of the posts you quoted suggested that he deserves all the credit for shutting down Lillard.

6. vvade

vvade Member

The problem is fans only judge players on how well they score (unless they're Harden thanks to Lin fans).

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

Like I am not saying that Bev isn't a positive defender or that he didn't help contain Dame. Because to say otherwise would be disingenuous on my part. But to say it was SOLELY him is silly.

8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This. And LMA still had to have an all world game for them to beat us by 7 at home. Rox are a better team then the Blazers but the reasons you listed were a huge factor in Rox losing.

9. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

We Rocket fans

10. Play07

Play07 Member

Defense doesn't win all games sometimes someone who can create for others will help. Howard's 2 30+ games this year we lost.

11. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

That seems to be the implication. Excuse his utter uselessness on the offensive end because lilard scored 1-10. Ergo he was responsible for that.

12. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

Did you guys watch the game? Especially down the stretch? How many Harden iso's take place each game? Do you know why Harden does those terrible iso's --- because there's no other option.

Everyone just stands around. The offense has no flow. It's either a Harden iso / harden drive and dish out to shooters, or feed dwight. The Rockets need some offensive flow.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Sorry you are right.

Lillard was 1-10, but that wasn't Beverley. Lillard shot all those with Lin guarding him, except for that one made field goal which was when Beverley guarded him.

LMA's career night today was also because of Beverley. Dwight wanted to guard him but Beverley insisted on trying to guard him because of his arrogance and we lost as a result.

The worse part is Beverley delayed the game on TNT, don't know why he did that. Now the team will be more tired for tomorrow's game thanks to Beverley.

And let's not even talk about what Beverley did in WW2.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Oh I am sorry if those posts don't sound like much of the praise for Dame having a bad game goes to bev then I don't know what to say to you. If anything our D started down low. DH12 was being vocal, our timing was great and we were switching well. Also POR was shooting poorly. How much of that is attributed to our overall team D or them just having a bad shooting day hard to tell.

15. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Are you comparing harden with lebron or Kobe? Bwahahahahaa

16. Play07

Play07 Member

You don't get it now cool, keep the same statements when playoffs come when coaches game plan are to stop harden or he has a off night. Keep the same talk about bevs D on their PG.

17. kastuul

kastuul Member

HOU backcourt

Last year, (Harden+Lin+Bev/TD/AB0)

14.5 assists,
    11.2 rebounds,
    8.1 TO
    4.5 STL
    1.2 BLK

This year (Harden+Bev+LIN/AB0)

11.9 assists,
    10.8 rebounds,
    7.6 TO
    4.1 STL
    1.5 BLK

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Please tell me where I said it was solely on him. Don't worry, I'll wait.

I do find it interesting that nobody recognizes the concept of team/help defense when somebody has a high-scoring night with him on them, though. He certainly gets 100% of the blame on those occasions.

1 person likes this.
  19. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL!!

20. amak316

amak316 Member

Lin's in a special kind of hell right now where he has a GM that is high on him and would need a kings ransom to trade him. The general public is low on him because of getting injured in the playoffs last year and "losing" his starting role this year.

His coaching staff is bad and doesn't know how to utilize him or run plays, and he plays next to a ball dominant super high usage rate player that has a similar, yet better, skillset to him. Got to feel for him wasting away his prime.

1 person likes this.