1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Razsan

Razsan Member

There is not any possible way you could understood my comment LESS than by that reply...short of thinking it was a football reference.

2. bws

bws Member

That's the game, you go through spells in the season. Earlier in the year, most of the shots coming off of Jeremy's hands looked like money. I expect his lay-ups to go in, his jump shots like anyone else, some will some won't. He's coming off two injuries stronger at first but I think the effects of them showed as he played the closely spaced games.

Now Parsons shots look mostly good. But earlier in the season they were as flat as a pancake.

3. Razsan

Razsan Member

Exactly...that's the point I was making. I had prefaced that comment with an acknowledgement at how well Lin had been playing in a previous post.
    Just seems like he's playing tentative...which will change. Hopefully starting tonight!

4. hamsession

hamsession Member

Spiegel telling us to be objective when watching Dragic. Classic.

5. hamsession

hamsession Member

I sense that Lin is still injured. It's tough when you're coming back from back spasms and playing 4 games in 5 nights. He looked decent in the San Antonio game, but still doesn't look like the guy before the knee injury.

6. bws

bws Member

I hate to say this but I think he has to tune out McHale. He'll probably make some really stupid defensive gamble tonight or have two bad quick turnovers and McHale will go ballistic but he needs to tune that out, play with aggression, play his game and since McHale pretty much has to play him, just play the game. He's putting on his own shackles, it's up to him to remove them or don't put them on in the first place.

7. mikus

mikus Member

I think he needs to look for his own shot a little earlier, the last few games he doesn't shoot his first shot until more than halfway into the 1st period. I don't know if that affects his rhythm or what, but his shot has looked a little off.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Lin looks alot better when he's aggressive in getting his own shot.

Doesn't look nearly as good/is more turnover prone when he ventures into the lane and tries to overpass/jumps off his feet.

9. deedee82

deedee82 Member

As much as I root for Lin as a player, i certainly wouldn't tout the authors article as gospel especially after he's a self decalred clicks generator for websites he contributes to.

His first 1 or 2 articles were ok but of late it's taken a fanatical tone. I cringe when i read his stuff now.

Lin is Lin, and he doesn't need a 3rd rate writer to give him props when its due. As much as we want him to succeed, not every player in the NBA has a so called "fair shot" at being the man, or center of attention, or the go to go in the team their in.

I'm hoping Lin has a good and long and prosperous career starter or not and if he betters this team as it is in its current state, he's got my vote.

10. bws

bws Member

I agree, he's over the top now.

11. pacmania

pacmania Member

Here's an angry post from a minnesota timberwolves fan. I guess JLin shouldn't feel bad given Mchale's history of not understanding talent.

"Rockets’ fans, be thankful “McFail” will not be your GM, but weep openly at the fact this nimrod will be determining your on-court talent.

Houston, you have a problem…here’s hoping it doesn’t last 13 years like it did in Minnesota."

http://dubsism.wordpress.com/2011/0...n-idiot-but-at-least-youve-committed-suicide/

12. pacmania

pacmania Member

Before you blame Minnesota fans for their murderous rage against Mchale consider what you would feel if he did this to your franchise:

Imagine the gall of Kevin Mchale , publicly pronouncing he has no plans of trading Kevin Garnett to Minnesota Fans a few months before he trades him to the Celtics.

"Kevin McHale has a simple message for the Minnesota Timberwolves fans who wants him to quit as the toiling club's vice-president: I'm not leaving!
    And he has also denied there are plans to trade franchise star Kevin Garnett while pledging to rebuild a dysfunctional squad which finished with a 32-50 record, missing the playoffs for a third straight season."

Kevin Mchale is simply a double talking, shameless , straight-faced con man.

This is April 2007. Then in June 2007 the mega deal takes place despite kevin garnett's reluctance to play for Boston.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...Minnesota.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2954127

13. pacmania

pacmania Member

So before all you guys say Mchale is a nice guy. Note that all con victims also say " he was such a nice guy" when queried on the reasons for their trusting him.

14. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

does anyone know how bev broke his wrist? which play?

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

broke it on Garcia's balls

16. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Yeah ok dude we got it.....

17. pacmania

pacmania Member

MOFs (mother fkrs) please educate yourselves about Kevin Mchale before you start defending him. Those who don't learn from the lessons of history are destined to repeat it.

Departure of Chauncey Billups

Chauncey Billups came to the Timberwolves to backup the aforementioned Brandon in 2000. Over the next few seasons, his level of play elevated to a pinnacle with the Wolves in 2002 featuring career highs in games played, games started, minutes played, field goal and three-point field goal percentages, among other categories. Minnesota won 50 games that year, making the playoffs.

However, instead of opting to re-sign Billups (who received an endorsement from Kevin Garnett), McHale decided to let Billups leave as a free agent.

Within two years of leaving Minnesota, Billups won an NBA championship with the Detroit Pistons. Since then, Billups has been a four-time NBA All-Star, and after being traded to the Denver Nuggets, helped bring them closer to the NBA Finals than they'd ever come before.

Terrell Brandon retired in 2002.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...zes-with-irony