1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Let's trade for Derek Fisher, great defender, championship experience, doesn't need the ball in his hand, great 3 point shooter, and cheap!

Nah, im just kidding dont freak out.

2. bws

bws Member

That's the thing. CF members wanting Rondo think that since he's a veteran he'll have the ball in his hands and Harden will go along with it. Maybe. I don't know. But a young player like Isaiah, who has a wonderful game, and not unlike Lin in a way, is ball dominant and I don't see Harden changing and that would limit Thomas. Rondo is ball dominant. CP3 is ball dominant. Chalmers is not but Cole plays with the ball more than Chalmers. Lin has to play well yet not be that ball dominant and that's a tricky situation for him. He's actually doing quite well with his limited touches.

3. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

So much knee jerking after every loss. Lin sucked, but it was the fourth game in five nights. He and the rest of the team were dead tired. I know he made some of those stupid turnovers, but he probably had no energy left.

Next week Lin will start playing well again and all these posts will look pretty dumb. Just like the posts Lin fans make after he has a good game.

4. yummyhawtsauce

everyone sucked in the last game.

5. bws

bws Member

Parsons and Brooks didn't suck. Casspi was decent. Pretty much everyone else really sucked.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Or if we can't get Dragic how about Lowry. I think Lowry is helping Toronto win too many games. They need to suck for Ender.

7. bws

bws Member

Not that I'm interested in trading for a PG but why in the world would Lowry come back and play for McHale? He wouldn't agree to any trade playing for McHale.

8. T_Man

T_Man Member

He was being sarcastic....

[​IMG]

9. willus

willus Member

How does this thread have 100+ pages... Oh wait it's about Lin. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  10. pnr

pnr Member

Knee jerk thread is knee jerk. The starters collectively played like crap because they didn't have any energy left. We've played 8 b2bs ALREADY, more than any other team in the damn league. Thanks Stern.

11. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Now that Aaron Brooks has been playing really really well coming off the bench scoring a lot of points, do you guys think he can "provide sparks" and "lead the second unit" (i.e. The reasons many say why Jeremy is assigned to the second unit) with Beverley, and let Jeremy stay with the first unit, if (and a big if) Jeremy continues to play D like he did in the last few games (excluding the OKC game last night that we all wish didn't happen)?

12. chuckle

chuckle New Member

Thomas is good at c&s and has a long range, so I think he's better fit than Rondo.
    Actually, I don't think it's contradictory to bring in a ball dominant PG, as long as he can REALLY create AND have a long range. Because this kind of PG can give Harden some relief on the offensive end which can leave Harden some more energy for defense, meanwhile, create space and hit 3s when harden goes for a drive and kick.
    The problem with Lin is that he is just not that good at creating offense while the ball is in his hand. He can make some plays, but inconsistently, with a lot of turnovers. Therefore, rockets can't rely on his playmaking on offense.
    IMO, a good lineup should be more than one player who can create on offense. Right now we only have Harden, and he's got a lot of pressure in every game. Once we facing a great team , and harden is shutdown(as IND, OKC), we'll have great problem in running offense. That situation is more likely in Playoffs, so we'd better be prepared.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Member

I like how you think it this is somehow Harden's doing or some flaw with the Rockets.

The entire team is built around Harden and what he can do with the basketball. This is by design. It is meant to be this way.

A PG driven offense will never happen in this era of Rocket's basketball. The PG In this system is a complimentary role to supplement Harden''s strengths and held hide his weaknesses.

14. bws

bws Member

I'm not talking about a PG driven offense a la Paul on the Clippers.The team improves through Harden doing less, trusting his team mates more, having more options at times running it. There's plenty of time for Harden to playmake, but there's time for the PGs to do it as well, particularly Lin but also Brooks to an extent. If you put any player above the team you're making a mistake. I also think it's Dwight's team too. Also Lin was signed before Harden and he was a paid a certain amount of money to do what he's capable of, not just watch Harden. So they can alternate playmaking and I think they will with more games. They also had terrific games together alternating playmaking, scoring, playing PnR with each other, etc. and Bev and Lin have played well together when Harden was not on the floor. At some point in the season, Harden needs reduced minutes and to take a load off of himself.

1 person likes this.
  15. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

Mchale has to go in that case :grin:

16. Swishh

Swishh Member

Dragic may be available. I believe the Suns backcourt consist of Dragic/Bledsoe both starting. Of course, that isn't going to get you very far (although they've played great together) . Problem is, Rockets have nothing to give up for Dragic. The Suns already have Plumlee, who is having a great season, and is a lot cheaper.

17. TheJet

TheJet Member

I agree with the premise of your post (Less Harden, more team) but that particular line isn't quite fair. This was going to be Lin's team before the Harden pick up. Just like it was Asik's job before DH. But, as in both cases, team direction changed and the players that got the short end of the stick have had to adjust. Lin's done an admiral job of doing just that. He's making the best of a very fluid situation.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hey handle your bizz and criticize McHale all you want pimpn, he shoulders a lot of the blame IMO. He is the Coach, and knows what's best for this team, I guess. But IMO he should'nt have convinced Lin to come off the bench to be the six man. Dude picked up his game big time after the all star break.
    Lin's back could be bothering him, I don't know. But Harden and Howard played timid as well. They didn't step up to the challenge last night. 4 games in 5 nights is brutal.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

agreed 100, the nature of the business.

20. bws

bws Member

What I mean is if he can get be a part of getting players involved and playmake along with Harden and not be like a PG like Bev who mostly is there for open shots or bringing the ball up the court and passing it off. I don't think you build a team around Lin like you do Harden or Howard, but Lin should be considered a key piece of the team even though Harden/Howard are your main pieces. Monty Williams said as much, although Harden and Howard are the major guys to prepare for Parsons and Lin are dangerous players the opposition has to prepare for also.