1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

NEWSFLASH: The PG position is not the problem.

2. Penetrate&Creat

Let's trade Harden, a scrub like Thabo blew by him multiple times for easy dunks and he allowed a wide open 3 right in his face

Let's trade Dwight, who got outplayed by a scrub like Perkins and settled for a bunch of jumpshots when he wouldn't post up.

One bad game and you trolls with barely over 100 posts come out.

oh and

[imhttp://www.globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/cool-story-bro.jpg][/img]

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

You're kidding right? if we get no juice out of that position and the SG like tonight it hurts the wing and the frontcourt guys. Everything starts from there.When Bev was sucking on offense, the PG position was a joke, now it is not the problem?

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

1 & 4 are the immediate concerns.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No, claims where you attribute statements to a poster yet CAN'T PRODUCE THOSE STATEMENTS. That is dishonest, factually so.

I do find it odd that Asians have some particular interest in Jeremy Lin that they don't have for oh, any other player in the league. Not that race would have anything to do with that because we all know nobody is motivated by their race and most especially not Asians as evidenced by the lack of Asians that showed up here when Yao Ming was drafted but it is just strangely peculiar. If I only I could put a finger on what Asians may have in common with Jeremy Lin.

6. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

What are you talking about? Who said PB was a problem? I sure as hell didn't. We have bigger issues than the PG position. The PB and Lin/Brooks combo is sufficient imo.

We need a better experienced defensive forward and defensive wing player. We're gonna end up exiting in the 1st round once again if changes aren't made. Book it.

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

one could only wish..

8. yummyhawtsauce

He did, but to be fair, the team was pretty depleted on energy. But I still think, we would have lost even if they had energy, maybe not as much.

Like someone said, Perkins counters DH to be useless. OKC has a great defensive scheme. They double anyone with the ball pretty much (harden/lin) to force them into bad shots or to give the ball up. So you are left with the other guys to make a play or shot (Tjones, Parsons).

Plus the Rockets really need to step up on their defense...still a work in progress jeez.

9. yummyhawtsauce

I dunno, tonight he didn't have many chances to get off a good shot to be honest. he drove, and there was a defender, and had to dribble back out to make a pass. OKC defense was pretty stiff on him. I really wish Lin would get more screens. Either open the lane up for the drive or set a screen. I didn't see Lin get by anyone tonight except maybe 2 x in which he made 1 layup. Also might be tired legs too - all his shots fell short.

I prefer Lin to pass than put up an ugly fade away jumper LOL, that means you know he's desperate to put it up.

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lin and Books are good COMBO guards. Lin is a natural attacker(and good at it) and Brooks a shooter by nature. Harden s a lot like Lin but obviously better. Both those guys are better at looking to score first. They are not going guys who u can rely on to get the rest of the team going consistently.As fore Bev, he as no playmaking skills period.

Someone like ANDRE MILLER 5 YEARS YOUNGER would have been perfect.Our offense suffocated once the guys like Jackson and Selfosha put the blowtorch on Lin and Harden.

11. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Pitchfork and flame time!

12. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Which statements?

Which Asians are you talking about? You're race baiting and making CLAIMS about asians etc that you don't have any facts to support.

Why are we talking about Yao Ming now?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Are you really sure that the people who support Lin are Asians? Or is that just a big assumption you've made in line with your own preconceived ideas and prejudices. Why are YOU so focused on race?

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Maybe you shouldn't respond to my posts if you don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

You're wasting my time kid.

Jeremy Lin has a huge segment of his fans that are Asians? Wut? Yao Ming too? Wuuuuut? That's unfounded and preconceived! Don't believe your lying eyes I guess. Good call.

Next time one of the fanatics calls McHale a racist for his abuse of Lin's talents then I'll wait for you to ask why they're so focused on race.

#2533 CometsWin, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  14. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

You seem to be the one that is obsessed with race. You cry about people making unsubstantiated claims while you make the same claims yourself.

How do you know what segment of Lin's fans are Asian? Do you have ANY data to back that up? Or is that another CLAIM that can't be supported other than by what you believe?

What role has race played in Lin's development as an NBA player? That's a question that you could debate, but I don't think the GARM is the place for it.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Wait whats wrong with Lin having asian fans?

16. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

4 games in 5 nights, 7 games in 10 days. the starters played close to 40 minutes due to the bench not being productive (due to injuries).

there was no juice from anyone except brooks.

this was a schedule loss.

17. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

Nothing, but don't get sucked into the argument. It's filled with straw men and red herrings, and you aren't going to change anyone's mind.

It takes a lot of nuance, clarity, and focus to differentiate between the claim that Jeremy Lin has a lot of Asian fans with the various claims that because he has a lot of Asian fans, he must therefore be X, or they must therefore be Y, or this is why Z happens (for example, why he is above Harden in the All-Star Game voting). You aren't going to get that here, especially not on the topic of racism, because people get incredibly defensive and there are about twelve million different cognitive biases going on that you have to overcome.

Suffice it to say that one claim can be factually correct but the other contains unsubstantiated supposition, often driven by an undercurrent of racism.

TL;DR

1. Jeremy Lin has a lot of Asian fans

2. Jeremy Lin has a lot of Asian fans, because they have a shared ethnic, genetic, or cultural heritage

3. Jeremy Lin has a lot of Asian fans, which is why he has a lot of votes for the ASG

All of the above are completely different statements. Proof of one does not constitute proof of the other. This is incredibly important when you are dealing with issues of bias or prejudice, which are often overwhelmed by self-perpetuating cycles of false validation.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Even if those were all true, I don't see the issue

Theres nothing wrong when ESPN here plays 'Lebron James and Miami take on Andrew Bogut and the Warriors', i find it amusing but it doesnt mean anything LOL

19. bws

bws Member

Taking it to the Knicks as in taking it to his former team that was trying to stop him. I think when Harden first went back to OKC he had a terrible game.Going to Taiwan and having that amount of expectations on you is difficult, and he did well. It was a preseason game, but it was intensely played if you saw it.

And you don't know what ceiling Lin has. Nobody does. Look at all the experts that were wrong on Lin already. Talk about your LOLs. Oh yeah, you are going to sit there and say he can't do this and that and you don't think Lin has heard that before. Let me give you a big old laugh here and let Lin shut you up as the games go on. There's nothing interesting or true about what you are saying. You think Lin just got that contract by Morey thinking I'll get him because, well you tell me? The guy performed, he showed flashes of what he can do. He's show flashes defensively of what he can do. Just because a guy in his second real year of play, or 2nd and 1/3rd year of play makes big mistakes and stupid mistakes at times and needs to improve in some areas doesn't discount how he's elevated scrubs, you can see him elevating some young players on this team, how he comes up big in the 4th quarter, how he has the attitude to improve and will put in the hard work and on and on. Your exaggerations of how bad Lin is are a joke to me. Of course Lin isn't as good as people worshiping him say he is but he's got abilities and can work on them and his ceiling is unknown. Talk to me in another 3 years, don't assign some ceiling that you can't possibly know he has.

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

We were lucky to beat two average teams prior to last nights game. We haven't played well for a long while and last nights game exposed our weaknesses. It wasn't just because we were tierd. We still are a long way from being a contender.