1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EC Quarter Finals #3: VBG vs Yung-T

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by 123Rockets, Sep 2, 2012.

?

Who will win in a 7 game series?

1. Yung-T

64.3%
  2. VBG

35.7%
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I think VBG is not in brah mood.

2. VBG

VBG Member

Yeah, you use bull**** stats instead of actually thinking and watching the game.

Marion stopped Lebron in the 2011 playoffs despite Lebron ripping apart every other team in the playoffs. Why? Because he had help.

This year when they played the Heat he had no help.

And now on my team, I drafted KG because he is the 2nd best (best according to plus minus) defensive player in the NBA but that's just ignored because he's old and not as sexy as the new young players.

I don't mind the fact that you won but please don't insult me by saying that I should build my team upon stats when you use basic stats that don't account for the other 9 players on the basketball court.

Like you might show Marion's defense only holds players to 13 PER and say "look he's not a great defender." But if you actually think and realize that he is always on the other teams best player whether it is Chris Paul or Kevin Love, then you can actually put context to the numbers.

The only numbers that provide any context to the other players on the court are adjusted plus/minus numbers.

So just don't act all high and mighty because you got Lebron.

Anyway, that's all I have on this topic. You have a good team. So have fun.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Took adj +/- into account too, don't bring up jackish now.

This has no point so just let it be and don't act childish.

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

you came out on top so be the bigger man

5. VBG

VBG Member

Everytime I go off I get a reply with Yung-T acting as though he knows everything just because he drafted Lebron. It is annoying.

6. RedNation

RedNation Member

You're jeremy lamb. That's awesome!! glad clutch changed those things.

/offtopic

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

Can i switch my choice to vbg...???

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The thing is you spread a theory saying KG would "destroy" Hibbert and Marion is the best Bron defender possible.

You try to "prove" your KG theory with a sad little one game, 16min, only points tableau and act like that is evidence. When I provide a 20+ game matchup history of KG vs. Hibbert that takes all stats into account and completely debunks your theory, you at first act is if I never posted it and even when I directly address you, I still hear the same debunked ish saying "KG would destroy Hibbert". You realize how stupid that looks?

I do the same with Bron vs. Marion and it becomes evident Matrix is not what you made him out to be and that Bron would likely have no struggle scoring on him. Again, you leave it out and go on with your mystical ways.

You say your bench is "clearly better", which you don't address anyhow and don't even talk about my bench players or how yours are better.

You write Lawson+Afflalo is "at worst" on par with my backcourt and don't say why, again, you are making assumptions based on nothing and act like it's the truth.

Truth is, your points for beating me are subjective, can be 100% debunked by history and the matchup histories, your analyzis are basically "my bench>your bench, my guys are better" but you never say why or back it up, all your points are based on nothing.

When other people jump in and come to the same conclusion as me, that a non-post threat frontcourt in KG+Dirk that heavily relies on midrange would struggle here, that your Pg, SG, SF are no real scoring threats and that I therefore could guard Dirk with Bron, you never really address it or only say "KG+Dirk no post threats? o_O" Is "o_O" your reasoning, why do you never actually address the points that criticize your team and continue to spread things that are not true?

And what does my argumentation debunking your assumptions have to with LeBron? It seems like your whole beef is that I have LeBron and all of your last replies are "he has LeBron and sits on a high horse uh uh", when I'm the one that actually gets the facts right.

Out of this thread, sad you can't accept the voting or debate with actual points.

9. VBG

VBG Member

....Stop acting like everything in basketball is a fact. Give me a coupla hours. Busy right now but I'll come back and post stats for everything just to shut you up.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just let it go man, it's over and this doesn't help anyone. What are you trying to prove now?

11. VBG

VBG Member

uhhh. I wasn't gonna post anything until your last post where you basically claimed everything I wrote was false.

That annoys me.

I hate it when people who are wrong try to correct me. It's probably the thing that annoys me the most.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Please just let us end this, it's a fantasy draft in a basketball forum and I don't want this.

Calm down and let it go, this doesn't help anyone and is a waste of time now that the matchup is over.

13. VBG

VBG Member

Honestly, for me the most fun is the debate part and looking at the strengths/weaknesses of each team.

I find it ridiculous that you keep asking me not to post anything even though you posted a few paragraphs this morning.

Very ironic and hypocritical.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wrote these paragraphs because you accused me and made the silly LeBron comment that doesn't anyhow relate.

I get you're p1ssed and all my stats and the matchup histories are trash.

Bye VBG, this is my last response. If I see a "last reply by VBG" in the Fantasy section I won't check in.

Be a man and let it go, this is childish.

15. VBG

VBG Member

I love how you claim that I'm being childish because I argued your dumb claims. Hilarious dude.

I'm not pissed at all. I am annoyed. Your stats and matchups aren't trash. They are pieces to a puzzle that you just aren't able to put together. You basically skip half the pieces and make half a puzzle which doesn't look at the entire bigger picture.

Also you wrote those paragraphs because I claimed something right? But apparently it's childish if I do the same about your claims.

I just hope you see the irony.

16. RedNation

RedNation Member

Well, I see this is still going on