1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Earth to Mack . . . Come in Mack . . .

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mayur, Nov 23, 1999.

1. mayur

mayur Member

Does anybody have any current news on Mack? What the hell are we doing? We can't hit a shot in the 4th quarter, maybe he can give us a boost.

Is he trade bait?

Does he not want to play for us?

Or are we just high?

------------------
    In the tune of the Star Spangled Banner:

Whose veterans and bright news stars, thro' the perilous playoffs,
    O'er the compaq center we watch'd, were so gallantly playing?
    And the ROCKETS' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    Gave proof thro' the night that our team was still there.

- Long Live The Universe's Greatest Basketball Team!! -

2. popeye

popeye Member

Love the nick.

Mack is being patient. He is waiting for an offer that he truly wants.

Sam wants a contract for four years. He sees his career as having a five year window and he wants a solid four year contract on a team and setting he wants. That has not quite been what has happened. The offers out there have been of one and two year duration only. (Except for a very early 4 year deal in Buckville worth $6.7M for the first three and a fourth at team option. Which Sam turned down.) The Rockets made an offer of two years which he refused.

To bring this back up to speed ... it is beneficial to Sam to get a sign and trade through the Rockets. It brings him more money. It gets him close to his duration as a free agent has to be signed for at least three years.

We are only twelve damn games into this season. He knows these things are cyclical and his turn will come around. And Soon. The injuries, failed promises and lost hopes make some players of his calibre valuable about two to three weeks before Christmas,when teams start getting panicked. "What! How far are we from .500?"

Remember this also ... for a lot of trades to take place the sixty day rule has to be passed through. If we are waiting for some time to lapse to affect a particular trade involving Sam, all he can do is wait with everyone else.

I agree. We could his help.

Depends on how the Rockets view this present roster. A contending ... a competing ... a retooling ... or, a rebuilding team.

3. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

He lives around the corner from me. He's turned into a major couch potato. Just sits around all day eating funyons and watching Ryan's Hopelessness and All My Illegitmate Children.

4. CaucasionSensation

Hey freak dont be knockin the funyons.

5. mayur

mayur Member

I've seen other posts by the same person, I can only come up with two words that sum it all up:

POEPYE RULES!!

6. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

funyuns rule!

just like a big-ass gordita

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Popeye -- thanks for the info.

RocketFreak -- I've got one source that says "funyons", but two others swear it's "cheese puffs". I can't confirm.

------------------
    Clutch
    Out to prove Scottie Pippen will apologize at gunpoint.
    www.clutchcity.net

8. R0CKETS23

R0CKETS23 Member

Funyons suck!!! Personally I prefer Aly Landry and her Doritos. YUMMMMMY

9. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Hey Pops: How long 'till Walt Williams' 60 day thingy is up? Gettin kinda restless here, bud.