1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eagles employee fired for Facebook status update

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cannonball, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/...97=400000000000000000000000000000000000000000

2. DreamRoxCoogFan

ah teh internets....

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Member

Well at least he's right.

4. DreamRoxCoogFan

seriously? you wanted the Eagles to give a 36 yr old physical player a 5 year contract? I can understand his importance to the team, but they would be idiots to offer something like that- I'm sure fans would be ripping the team in a few years when they realize there's a 40-yr-old safety puttering his way across the field.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

That is really, really lame of them to fire him for that. He isn't allowed to have a fan's opinion?

Worst part is, his terrible internetz spelling got printed for everybody 2 c :(

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

well, he is entitled to his opinion, however, the company saw things differently...

7. PointForward

PointForward Member

what I really wanna know is how did the organization find out about his facebook status?

oh em gee teh eaglez R interwebz & facebook stalkers!

no seriously, how did they find out? did he have his boss on his friends list? why would employees with the eagles be on facebook in the first place.. :confused:

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

One of the dumbest things ever...

Why fire him? Because he is making your organization look bad? Okay, fair enough...

Except when you fire him you go from what 200 friends on Facebook seeing those comments? And maybe 17 of them actually caring. And what, maybe 9 of them actually remembering? Ya... You go from that to...

Friggn everyone knowing about it. McNabb didn't resign yet? I hope leaves. Idiots.

9. g1184

g1184 Member

... Dam Eagles R Retarted!!

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Member

Retart - to tart again :p

11. theogcasey

theogcasey Member

The poor guy wasn't a coach, player or front office personnel. Boo to the Eagles for overreacting.

12. CrazyJoeDavola

He shouldn't have been fired for calling the Eagle r****ds.

However, he shoudl have been fired for talking in the 3rd person.

13. Northside Storm

...That's kinda how Facebook works.

14. Smokey

Smokey Member

I see you don't have a Facebook account.

Damn, I got too excited to reply and didn't see the post above me :(

15. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Member

Well, I always thought eagles weren't tart enough - too gamy if you ask me. Then again, maybe it's just my seasonings I use... :D

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

If he was a true Eagles fan then he knows how the organization has worked since it has come under the ownership of Jeffrey Lurie. The Eagles are not afraid to part ways with anybody, they did it with Trotter, Vincent, Staley, and so on. Many people thought that Dawkins was that rare exception but with what he was offered by Denver I knew the Eagles wouldn't match that and I'm OK with it because I know that's how they work.

I don't think he should have been fired though.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Sheesh....think before you post. Your status can be seen by people who aren't even your friends.

I love Facebook and everything, but I do wonder about these people who feel the need to update their status every 10 minutes....from their cellphones, no less.

"Ima is feeling tired today." "Ima is surfing Clutchfans." "Ima is taking a dump." WTF??

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

We must think alike. I have had Facebook for a few years now and I have never even put a status up. I think it is dumb when people update it like you mentioned too.

"Joe is waking up" "Joe is eating breakfast" Joe is going to work" "Joe is at work" "Joe hates work" "Joe is tired" "Joe is heading to lunch" "Joe is eating lunch" "Joe is back from lunch" "Joe is still hating work" "Joe is ready to go home" "Joe is even more tired" "Joe is about to leave work" "Joe is leaving work" "Joe is at home" "Joe is on the Internet" Joe is going out for dinner" "Joe is back from dinner" "Joe is going to take a shower" "Joe is resting" "Joe is going to bed" "Joe can't sleep" "Joe is watching TV" "Joe is finally going to bed"

I actually know somebody that does this type of thing everyday. GET A LIFE!

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Joe is getting a life

20. juicystream

juicystream Member

The Rockets would have been crazy to give a 38yo Olajuwon $17 mill, but I still wish they had. Besides, Dawkins will be cut before that contract expires, I'd even bet it happens next offseason.