1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight taking subliminal shots at Harden in post game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, May 28, 2015.

1. egr281

egr281 Member

Agreed we want the same things out of Harden. To me this combo can be a championship duo, they just have to push eachother and believe in one snother.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Shaq shot 45%, 37%, etc. He was a bad FT shooter in the playoffs like Dwight. He just averaged more points and rebounds than Dwight.

3. Jblazea50

Jblazea50 Member

Playoff Dwight is this and that. Get over it. He still can't be counted on to get you points when needed. How many times did he score in the post vs someone else setting him up for easy buckets? The team can't give him the ball in the post when a bucket is needed. That's not someone you can count on. Yes, he was very good on the defensive side, but at $22M/yr, he needs to be able to get the ball and score on the likes of Bogut/Ezeli.

I'm not even a Harden fan. I think this team needs a #2 scoring option, whether that's a post up player or another wing player is up to Morey to figure out. But I do know that Howard isn't a #2 scoring option.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

again people fail to realize he acknowledged that his game will be adjusted for the betterment of the team when he returned from injury. that is not something new

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

guess what can happen? People can be fans of both Dwight and Harden. There is no reason to pit one against the other and take sides. These guys are on the same time, and have both helped our team.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Probably as much as you have. If you're blaming Harden, then you don't know what you're talking about either. No way this team would have come as far as it did without him.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

why is it Dwight Howard's job to box out a pg, isn't that a guard's job

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I definitely doubt it. when did I saw anything about harden. the same exact thing could be said about howard and probably smith for his play during the clip series.

before you criticize someone at least know the entire facts to support it.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

:):):):)

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

Well you can forget about that happening. All of the blue koolaid drinking MFFLs are being sold (by Mr. Shark Tank) the line that Deandre wants to come play with the Dirk (they have nobody else). That plus the "rumor" that LaMarcus A wants to come to Dallas because he just spent 3 months building a swimming pool for his mom.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

The 'you' in my post was not you. But people on here acting like Harden is the reason why the team didn't do better in the playoffs this year.

I don't understand we can't appreciate the team. I love Howard's play. I love Harden's play. I love Ariza's play. I love Josh Smith's play. But none of them were perfect. None of them were absolutely horrible either.

12. leroy

leroy Member

Do you seriously think he was out that long due to a simple boo boo?

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Harden is the closest superstar guard that Dwight will ever get to play without being called "soft". He complains about toughness and can't handle being Kobe's teammate. Nuff Said.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

Just as it is his job to protect the paint when a PG is driving to the basket. One of the expectations of a center is to get as many if the rebounds that he can. A guy half your size shouldn't keep you from doing that.

15. egr281

egr281 Member

Noone wants to play with kobe, thats why the lakers are where they are now.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

that comes with being the mvp caliber player. its no different than all the criticism lebron got early in his cavs years. you only go as far as your best players take you but overall if houston can continue on getting better again they are on the right track. they are not too far off at all if the only team they have to worry about is GS.

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Harden gets a lot of credit for the win in game 4 and he most definitely shoulders a lot of the blame in game 5. And you can best believe a lot of the commentators that actually played on that level will blast him for his play.

18. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Howard showed he wasn't a b**** this post season but idk why he would take shots. If we won he would have been suspended the next game and we would lose..

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

criticizing his rebounding numbers now? come on now, this is pretty pathetic lol

20. jbasket

jbasket Member

It's Dwight's job to box out the whole team. Well, at least that is how the players' approach it. I swear, I have never seen so much ball-watching, expecting Dwight to get every board found on planet Earth. I cannot take anybody's basketball IQ seriously if they blame Dwight for not boxing out a PG. That is all on Terry.

Curry's rebound reminds me of that Prigioni rebound he grabbed against the Clips in game 7, of which the fault was completely on Rivers for not boxing out.