1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard is necessary for a CHAMPIONSHIP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RX2012, Dec 13, 2015.

1. RX2012

RX2012 Member

We need Dwight for a ring, I don't get why people don't think so. What is with these stupid threads even questioning if Dwight should be a rocket. These people don't know basketball. Oh my goodness.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Its because he is very inconsistent/we don't have a clue how to use him on offense half the time.

Like tonight he was great because he was used off the ball as he should be. Running around getting rebounds and collecting alley-opps. But when he tries to post up it gets ugly.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he is but nba reddit circle jerk infiltrated clutchfans minds and think howard is done. i highly doubt he wont get back to being a go to scorer. he went up against hibbert tonight and got 18pts on 9 shots. he, like lawson, are the worst victims of the rockets historically terrible start to the season.

the dwight and dmo twin tower line up is gonna be among the best in the league, maybe even the best. i've been waiting for this for a looooong time

lets pretend dwight is done being a go to scorer. he's still elite at rebonding, defense and rim protector. thats what you need if u wanna win a 'ship. plenty of experiene too.

1 person likes this.
  4. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Yeah maybe for a championship at the YMCA

1 person likes this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:

GTFO

6. malakas

malakas Member

No it's because of his contract. And not only this one, the one coming up next. If Dwight makes max money next year then it gets pretty hard to justify it.

7. a711

a711 Member

It's cyclical. People forget the playoffs as soon as they're over. When he does great in the playoffs AGAIN this year people will love him again.

8. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

I do wonder how Game 1 turns out in the WCF if Dwight never gets hurt.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Get Dwight healthy, you get someone like Paul George(if he is the same as years ago) and a younger David West

I like our chances with or without Harden

10. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

We need a dominant Dwight Howard, one who's a consistent offensive threat, to win a championship. No arguments here.

But consider the way the team is utilizing Dwight these days -- basically as a souped-up Deandre Jordan/Tyson Chandler. We're treating him like a super role player, instead of a superstar. And IMO, Capela can currently provide about 80% of what we're asking from Dwight.

So to me, the question is whether or not Dwight is physically capable of once again being a consistent presence on offense. If so, adjustments need to be made to get him more involved.

If not? If 12-15 points per night with an occasional 18-25 point outburst is the best that Dwight has to offer? I say move on while he still has value. I don't think that we're winning a title with the current version of Dwight, with this group (barring a major breakout from Ty).

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is getting older and he has a 2 year window otherwise you have to surround him with an already great group of guys as he can only play for 20 minutes without getting hurt or play good Defense. (in 2 years)

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His Offense is not really good, let us be honest.

At best he can get 15 or 16 points without stagnating the whole team offense.

You just cannot count on him being a superstar, at least one on both ends.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if dwight can be a super role player like deandre jordan then he should def stay. even when capella bulks up he'll need awhile to be a true elite center. dwight is already there. i think there's a good chance if dwight cant be a go to scorer no more, he'll opt out and re-sign for about 15mil per. he says he wants to win, if he's really on a rapid decline then he can prove it by re-signing to a small deal.

a big man rotatoin of dwight, dmo and capella is perfect with harrell (jones if he stays) and ariza gettign spot minutes at the 4.