1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dude beats women in swimming update: girls' wrestling, 200 pound dude beats 135 pound real girl

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Dec 31, 2021.

?

Who won

1. She

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. He

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. He-hee

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  4. Michelle Phelps

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t follow swimming that closely but my understanding is that Lai Thomas’ time wouldn’t get her to the Olympics and I fact in 2019, the last time they were able to hold an NCAA championship the race she won wouldn’t have won.

My point is that Trans women from what I’m seeing don’t appear to have as much of an advantage over non trans women.

Now I’m willing to reconsider this if we do suddenly see a wave of trans women dominating female sports. For now though I’m not seeing that at all. If there is at best a negligible biological advantage to a trans woman I have no problem then with a trans women participating in female sports.

Deckard likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How does it appear that Trans women don't hold much advantage over other non-trans women did you not notice how she was in the top 10 or 20 in multiple categories when she could not even crack the top 50 in men's swimming?

It does not matter if she is winning or would have won, she did beat a woman for her championship.

You are willing to reconsider if you see a wave of trans women?

How magnanimous of you, I'm sure the women of swimming are just fine with that?

It does not matter if you don't have a problem it's about the women who are affected, and it's about more than winning one race how about the women she beat out that even get to go to the championships?

I can't believe you even went there that's mansplaining on steroids.

How is going from 500th in the world to top 10 negligible?

"In the 2018–2019 season she was, when competing in the men's team, ranked 554 in the 200 freestyle, 65 in the 500 freestyle, and 32 in the 1650 freestyle. In the 2021–2022 season, those ranks are now, when competing in the women's team, 5 in the 200 freestyle, first in the 500 freestyle, and eight in the 1650 freestyle.[15][16]"

#262 jiggyfly, Apr 12, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There should be a separate division for them
    That’s my solution

4. right1

right1 Member

That is a major part of the problem with Lia Thomas competing against women. This person didn't change gender. Lia has a schlong and a pair of cojones. Lia just had to say that Lia "feels" like a woman or wants to be a woman. Lia is a cross-dresser, not a biological woman. If Lia stops taking testosterone blockers, Lia's levels will be back to normal in a very short time. Lia may or may not have any intention of ever having a sex change reassignment surgery.

#264 right1, Apr 12, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

7. right1

right1 Member

Chicks don't have dicks.

King1 and tinman like this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't see the user you tagged...well, unless you tag him.

And yeah, that's a dude, until further notice.I wouldn't even say that, but because this person insists on taking away biological women's chances at a fair competition, I'll say it.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

That user answered it’s a chick
    Even though that’s physically not possible

If you wear a John Stockton jersey and say you are a rockets fan
    You are wrong
    This is just as easy of a conclusion

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your choice to accept transgender individuals or not.

11. right1

right1 Member

It's not a matter of acceptance. It's a matter of biological fact.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Woke people don’t believe in math, science and Spanish
    @MexAmercnMoose

13. tinman

Supporting Member

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Shania wrote a song about this too

@Deckard

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

she looks like a 1st round pick for the Sacramento Kings

I’m still waiting for a trans Shaq to show up and dominate the WNBA

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld and tinman like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry I didn't see this post earlier
    Yes in one race. That happens in a competition. People lose and people win. But what you are largely stating here is that you don't accept Lia Thomas as a woman.
    Yes because I'm not ideologically locked into a position on this issue and am willing to reconsider my position. A few weeks ago I largely would've agreed with you but once I saw that Lia Thomas' performance wasn't actually that dominating I reconsidered it.

If things change I'm willing to reconsider. That's not me being magnanimous. That's looking at the evidence. For that matter I've stated I largely am fine with leaving it up to the leagues. I've never been a competitive swimmer and I'm not going to impose my beliefs onto competitive swimming, certainly without a lot of clear evidence. I'm not seeing clear evidence that Lia Thomas or trans women actually are a threat but if Swimming leagues feel they are it's up to them to ban them, change the rules of competition or make some other change. I wouldn't begrudge the NCAA if they did so.

In my own sport, which I actually have a say in, I've already stated that I am for allowing trans athletes compete and having coached a trans women I'm not seeing a threat from them to women's athletics. Since safety is my largest concern if I were to see clear evidence that there is such a physical disparity between trans women and cis women then I would. That though would be no different than in considering how to adjust for weight classes.
    Lia Thomas won the races to get to the championship. From what I read she passed the hormone level tests that NCAA required.
    Yes of course stating facts as evidence is "mansplaining".
    Again I don't follow swimming very closely. It's not impossible for people to improve over a 3 year period. Is Lia Thomas' improvement purely because he became a she, that's possible but it is also possible that she worked harder and go more skilled. You and many other seem very certain based on one example that it's all because it's a man competing in a women's division. I am not so certain but I also have the experience of coaching a trans athlete where it wasn't some massive improvement.

I will say again that most of the arguments against trans athletes are not actually accepting them as the gender they change too. I will admit my own bias that having known and coached trans people I might be more sympathetic to their struggles. I've seen first hand the pain they've gone through particularly from much of culture that refuses to accept them for what they firmly believe their identity to be and are willing to go through a difficult transition to be that. At the same time though as someone who as a former competitor, coach and referee at a national level I have a responsibility which is why I am still open to the possibility that trans athletes are that much of a threat as to destroy women's sports.

I'm not seeing that. We have one example of a mediocre men's athlete becoming a good female athlete, still not someone who wins every time they touch the water and breaks records. That is hardly the domination that alarmists are raising.

Your argument seems that you're saying it doesn't matter if she dominates the fact that it's a trans woman winning any race at all is the problem. I would say that is more of an unwillingness to accept her as a woman.

tinman likes this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's not my argument at all, and it's very telling that you left out the huge point of the trans woman beating women.

How did you get me saying that trans woman winning any race is a problem? Can you please point out where in any of my post would leave you to think that? It's like you are trying to call me transphobic to muddy the water.

I have no issue with her being trans or accepting her as a woman, but that's me and these women should not have to lose competitions and championships just to accept her as a woman, you keep glossing over the fact that the women competitors are the ones being harmed as if women sports don't really matter so Lia's feelings are above theirs.

Like I said before domination has no bearing on anything, so I don't know why you keep bringing that up, your entire argument seems to be that because she is not dominating anybody no one should care and I don't see how that makes any sense.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

@Sweet Lou 4 2

A Trans T-Mac now would score 50 points a game in the WNBA.
    [​IMG]

20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

She-Mac

AroundTheWorld and tinman like this.