1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Dreaming doesn't hurt does it??? (KG)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cwebbster, Nov 9, 2005.

1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

I was surfing some other boards, and someone else gave me a dream that would be so tight if it became reality. Imagine this lineup if it were possible, which there is no chance in hell, but do remember that the Nets basically did get Vince Carter for a couple of bushleaugers......let the dreaming begin....

Houston Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Juwan Howard
    6-9 PF from Michigan
    9.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 1.5 apg in 26.6 minutes
    David Wesley
    6-1 SG from Baylor
    10.9 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.9 apg in 34.1 minutes
    Moochie Norris
    6-1 PG from West Florida
    1.3 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 0.8 apg in 6.5 minutes
    Bob Sura
    6-5 PG from Florida State
    10.3 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 5.2 apg in 31.5 minutes

Incoming
    Kevin Garnett
    6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
    22.2 ppg, 13.5 rpg, 5.7 apg in 38.0 minutes
    Ronald Dupree
    6-7 SF from Louisiana State
    3.2 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 10.0 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -6.7 ppg, +1.0 rpg, and -4.2 apg.

Minnesota Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Kevin Garnett
    6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
    22.2 ppg, 13.5 rpg, 5.7 apg in 38.0 minutes
    Ronald Dupree
    6-7 SF from Louisiana State
    3.2 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 10.0 minutes
    Incoming
    Juwan Howard
    6-9 PF from Michigan
    9.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 1.5 apg in 26.6 minutes
    David Wesley
    6-1 SG from Baylor
    10.9 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.9 apg in 34.1 minutes
    Moochie Norris
    6-1 PG from West Florida
    1.3 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 0.8 apg in 6.5 minutes
    Bob Sura
    6-5 PG from Florida State
    10.3 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 5.2 apg in 31.5 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +6.7 ppg, -1.0 rpg, and +4.2 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Houston and Minnesota being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Houston and Minnesota had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Throw in 2 draft picks, and Minny should accept. Garnett is worth Howard, Wesley, and Sura, and Dupree is worth Norris. They get tons of cap relief with Norris, Wesley, and maybe Sura expiring, as well as 2 draft picks to rebuild with. I don't know if anyone would put a better offer on the table. This is a financial nirvana to any rebuilding team.

If this were to happen, we could then get Luther Head some minutes.

Rafer/Head/Jay Williams
    DA/Barry/Glover
    TMac/Bowen-Dupree
    Garnett/Swift/Baxter
    Yao/Mutombo

Would be simply amazing, the SPEEERS would have no chance....lol....

2. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Pass me wut ur smoking (__(marlboro______(()~~~

(y would Minn even think about it in the first place)

3. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

I've never flamed anyone... anyone intentionally.. but I think i'm about to start. This only works if you turn salary caps and computer rejects trades off in NBA LIVE from like 2001 or so.

Mike

4. cwebbster

Hence, the thread title....just making light of some bad times, that line up would be spectacular, and mind you some idiot from another board posted this, so I thought it might be fun for a little bit of dreaming......no need to FLAME my friend....

5. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

OK i'll go take my mydol... (there's a thread title out there somewhere lol)

6. cwebbster

lol, its ok man....we dont need to give up on this team just yet, 6-10 led to 51-31, so you never know....

7. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was guessing you were going to post Yao for KG. That is more reasonable, but still not very likely. The Rockets probably are never going to trade Yao, even for a stud like KG. It would reflect badly on the franchise and the league, as I think we have an informal agreement to take care of Yao in exchange for his extension in this market. Now, if you were trading Yao to LA or NY then we might think what China saw of value in that, but Minnesota - ehhh...no.

8. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

oh there's no giving up on them here... i was talking about b17ching about the offer.

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

If you can get Kevin Garnett you trade Yao every day. I love Yao, but KG is on another level. As for the original proposal I don't think I can add to anything here.

10. cwebbster

Very good point!!! Houston being a top 4 major city is a big factor, but they would make no revenue off of Minnesota. But think of it, if behind the scenes the Chineese wanted to make this a more marketable team, not saying they have control, but they do have a pretty good say I am sure, a big three of T-Mac, Yao, and KG would be unstoppable, making us possibly the greatest Frontcourt in the history of basketball, making us an extremely marketable team. Imagine how many jerseys we would sell. T-mac and KG are very popular jerseys, and YAO of course we know. This in turn would generate more ticket sales, come on ,its like bringing Pettite and Clemens to town, and then Les would make more money and not be ashamed to go into Luxury Tax land.....he could also get his NHL team ;)

But I don't know, to continue the dream, how JVG would cope with two prolific scrorers. I am not sure how KG is about his stats, as I am sure his stats would truly go down in JVG's system, but he is a good defensive player.

But on the otherhand, Stromile Swift is the same build atheletically as KG....if he put more muscle on, and played a little bit harder, we could possibly have a KG on our hands, and this dream wouldn't have to come true. I mean, Stro is a freak of nature atheletically, and he needs to step up more offensively, hell he was the 2nd overall pick, and KG was like 5th or 8th in his class. COME ON STRO!!

11. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

The only way the Rockets could possibly get KG is by trading Yao. And a third team like Goldenstate would have to be involved. Goldenstate is a place Yao wouldn't mind going to and they have the depth of talent that could replenish Minnesota's roster.

So, come up with a deal that had KG coming to Houston, Yao going to Goldenstate, and some Goldenstate talented players going to Minnesota.

12. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

This thread is :rolleyes: . I reported this trade like a week ago ( http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=103838 ). The rockets have the offer on the table right now but don't want to mess with the chemistry of the team. don't forget how the rox went in the crapper right after token whiteboy Boki got traded. Didn't really make a real push until Sura replaced his role. And don't even bring up Bowen, he's too street.

But you can pretty much axe any KG deal. Not just because of chemistry issues, but more because KG's head looks like a huge knuckle, and I think everyone knows JVG's policy on that. :(

13. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

Every time someone starts a trade for KG thread, God kills a puppy.

14. tested911

tested911 Member

I would trade Yao and a filler for KG..

Yao is a great player but how many 20+ 20+ games you think Yao is going to have :)..

KG has tenacious rebounding abilities

KG and T-Mac on 1 team would be utterly crazy....

how do we do a poll if you could trade Yao for KG would you do it.. ?

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is the funniest trade proposal in recent memory, and there have been some really goofy ones. I would do this trade instantly without second thoughts, so would the Rockets, but the Wolves would only do it if they suddenly become r****ded.

16. tested911

tested911 Member

See I think the Wolves would at least consider it.

See Yao Ming will bring more revenue that KG ever would. Yao has to much of a global impact to resist. Heck the Rockets are killing it with the overseas advertising.

17. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

A prelude to a suicide...

18. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

yes it does.