1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't be surprised if Yao regress tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaoROY, Nov 22, 2002.

Tags:
  1. YaoROY

YaoROY Member

I love Yao (see my screenname), but I hope fans here be prepared. Don't be surprised if Yao doesn't play well against the Wiz. He looked tried at the end of the game last night.

2. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

So what if he only scores 20 or so and has only 8-10 rebounds?

That is all we will need if the rest of the team steps up....naming Cat, KT, EG, & Mooch.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

4. heech

heech Contributing Member

You're right...

... I think we should see last night's game as a sign of how good Yao *CAN* be instead of how good he will be day in, day out. There was nothing fluky about last night; I'm confident Yao can get performances along those lines on a regular basis... but that point might be in a few years.

He is starting tonight, but you can be sure the Wizards were watching the game last night too.

My guess for Yao tonight: 25 minutes, 12 pts, 5 rbs, 4 fouls.

5. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

mabye it will be Cuttino's night to step up!?

6. Sane

Sane Member

I don't know if Mobley's coming out party will be against Jerry Stackhouse, Micheal Jordan, and the block Machines, haywood and Kwame Brown.

It's going to be Francis and either Griff or MoT's night to shine.

Like the thread originator said, don't expect much, or anything, from yao tonight.

Personally, I think MoT at C and Griff at PF is perfect for us tonight. MoT will score 12 or so points, while Griffin, who can't be overpowered by Kwame, will have an excellent game in the post. I'm just hoping Kwame doesn't take advantage of not having the size advantage too.

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yao can take the rest of the season off and I will still be pumped for next season. We've got a championship team in the making.

8. enigmacx

enigmacx Member

And it's possible that Yao Ming will be still on fire tonight. He's a rookie. We should wait and see...

Go~~~~~~~~~~~Ming Dynasty for the ring!!!!!!!:cool:

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

CAN ANYBODY EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT HAPPEN TO CAT AND MAURICE TAYLOR LAST NIGHT? THEY TOTALLY DISAPPREARED FROM THE OFFENSE. :(

10. because24

because24 Member

I won't be surprised. For anyone to expect 30 and 16 every game would highly be dissappointed.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Their shots just werent falling. It happens. Dont worry, they will be back.

12. GRENDEL

Their shots just werent falling. It happens. Dont worry, they will be back.

YEAH IT WAS JUST FRUSTRATING BECAUSE I KNOW THAT THEY COULD HAVE BEAT THE MAVS. ALL THEY NEEDED WAS TO GET OVER THE HUMP

13. Timing

Timing Member

He played the most of any game yet last night so it wouldn't surprise me if he were fatigued.

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Acording to Rockets.com Mobley will not be playing tonight so Hawkins will start. Yao also will be starting. Should be interesting to see how Yao does in a starting role coming off last nights big game.

Blatz

15. GRENDEL

ALL THINGS ASIDE FROM LAST NIGHT IT WAS GREAT TO SEE ANOTHER HOUSTON CENTER TORCHING ANOTHER TEAM. SOMEHOW IT JUST FELT RIGHT!:) I DON'T THINK THE WIZARDS ARE A STRONG ENOUGH TEAM TO TAKE OUT THE ROCKETS.

16. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Most likely he won't have the same game that he had last night, but if he comes off the bench while not playing more than 25 minutes, he'll be effective.

17. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Yao will have a good game, because Yao is good. I don't think he will have a night like last night, but he will still play well and shoot a high %. I think somewhere around 12points and 8 broads is a good bet.

18. RocketsFan95

RocketsFan95 Member

Hey, RocketsFan85, you said what I wanted to say. At thought I posted it in my dream, only finding out that you are 85 and I am 95, hehe. Anyway, I would be pleasantly suprised that he could score around 17 and grab 8 rebounds. When we say be patient with the kid, we need to mean it. Right now his body is not ready for 30 minutes a game and back-to-back game yet. Plus there will be always be regression for rockies in their growth. Eventually he will be there but we probably do not want to set our expectation too high.

As for Cato, I am not sure if it is appropriate to say that, taking off 3 games for his grandma's funnel is a little too much. He deserves to be benched later. It reminded me another player Carlos Rogers 2 years ago, with worse situation, Rockets were so badly need of Center and Power Forward on those several games and he was off 3 games for his relatives funnel. That ended up costing this career as NBA player ( he never got another chance to prove his value to the team when KT and other guys were back, and he was released later).

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I hope Cat and Griff step up tonight. Cat will want to show up against Jordan and Stack, and Griff vs Kwame should be a good matchup as well.

20. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Yao will play less minutes and score somewhat less than last night. But look out for his assists. Wiz will definitely double team him more, and Yao will show off his passing ability, what a complete package we have on our team.