1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Act Like We Aren't Still the Underdogs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, May 17, 2018.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Not that I have anything useful to contribute. I'm just trying to prophylax against the irrational over-exuberance that is likely to arise over the next couple days.

GSW -7 for Game 3. GSW -275 (HOU +230) for the series. And this is after game 2. Vegas usually knows.

By winning Game 2 we turned the series from a 4-5 game gentleman's sweep into a 6 game GSW series victory, at least in terms of the average scenarios that we could be projecting. We gotta take one of the next two in Oakland to swing it back to the point where we could imagine winning in 7.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, just to say that we shouldn't make the mistake GSW fans did and declare victory already. Stay focused.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm 100% positive these players still think we're disrespected and expected to lay down in Oracle.

They play harder on the road than at home.

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

The Rockets are well aware that they've lost home court, and that they were already underdogs when they had it. If they aren't still desperate heading into Oracle of all places, they're a lost cause.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

I like the sentiment of your post, but you make it sound like it'll be impossible for us to beat this team on their home court. However, the following are not emotion-based, they are facts:

* The Warriors lost nearly 30% of their home games this year:
    * The Rockets won nearly 75% of their road games this year, a historically great percentage.
    * We've already beaten them in Oakland once.
    * Even in the game we lost this year in Oakland, we had no Harden. They had no KD, so that evens out, but we were also without Luc and Nene. ER and Ryno started that game, weakening our bench even more. Tarik Black and Briante Weber got 22 minutes. And even THEN, we were still within 3 points going into the 4th quarter.

One game out of two over there is very winnable.

Nah, that's the players' job. Outside of betting, fans getting overly optimistic has ZERO effect on any outcome.

#4 topfive, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
  5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I expect one game like this last game from the Rockets in this series. The question is can they do it 3 more times?

Harden had an off game by his standards. PJ Tucker, Gordon, and Ariza showed up in the same game to score big points...something that hasn't happened all year. In order for this team to win this series, at least two of these three guys has to show up with scoring the rest of the way. And, Harden and Paul have to bring it. And, it doesn't have to be two of these three guys necessarily. It could be Green or whomever. But, it has to be role players stepping up on offense. This game shows why the role players are the key to everything. We need their offense and their defense. If it disappears, then so do the Rockets.

6. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

There are 14 million possibilities, and the only one with the Rockets winning is losing game 1.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Fortunately.

I think PJ, Ariza, and Gordon all now realize they need to show up.

They're utmost professionals.

da_juice likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm glad you made this thread. All of the Rockets fans saying "Rockets in 3" were getting a little out of control around here.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's now a best of 5 series, and we're starting on the road against the defending champs. We're the underdog.

da_juice likes this.
  10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

They have to steal 1 game in Golden State to get the home court back!

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Time to unleash.....Road Ryno!

[​IMG]

Ubiquitin and Tomstro like this.
  12. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

[​IMG]

I see what you did there...

but it's 14,000,605.

RKREBORN likes this.
  13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The whole Vegas argument is comical. Vegas isn't always correct and Vegas does make mistakes all the time. Vegas didn't get the presidency right either, and a bet on the cheeto would have netted you some nice cash.

I don't see this team as underdogs, we are right there with them. The series is split for a reason. Now if you want to believe we are going to lose this because it will comfort you later if we do, be my guest.

nacho bidness and DavidRocket like this.
  14. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Not saying the rockets are the favorite. It probably should be a pick'em. Betting odds are kinda skewed because of the CA money coming in for GSW. Vegas moving the number to balance it out.

BigShasta and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  15. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Another factor is the referees, NBA has the best directors.

16. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

taking both 3 and 4 is not out of the realm of possibilities either. We've yet to see the Rockets sustain peak focus on consecutive games. This is the first opponent/series where that is required.

I believe the Rockets want to beat them bad and get that ring. Rockets came out FOCUSED in game 3 at Utah right after losing HCA. I would not be surprised if this happens again in this series. Go get em Rockets!

topfive and BigShasta like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

no reason it should be a pick. if it would be a pick who wouldn't choose GS at home. The point of these lines is to entice money from both sides. GS are the defending champs and healthy. until someone else takes them out and takes that title from them, them being favorites is most logical.

18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Don't Act Like We Didn't Win the #1 Seed and Dominated Them in Game 2

HP3 and BigShasta like this.
  19. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

GSW -275 indicates that we have about a 26% chance to win the series according to Vegas. I think that's a little low to be honest. I think the Rockets are more likely to lose than not, but I'd certainly give us about a 40% shot.

But yeah, one win doesn't give us any right to swagger, we still lost the home court advantage that Mbah a Moute died for.

BigShasta likes this.
  20. BigO

BigO Member

Don't tell me what to do and how to support my team and have feeling about it, wtf dude.