1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Kevin Martin have that "killer instinct"?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Angkor Wat, Mar 8, 2010.

1. pac73186

pac73186 Member

u can win a championship with martin but he just cant be ur go to guy..if u put him with lebron, kobe, or any other legit contender ur tellin me he would mess everyone up that bad not to win a ring?

2. Seth

Seth Member

You might be right, but i will always take my chances with Ginobili on the team over Martin.
    If we could get Kobe, or LeBron, or Wase, i won't be even calling his name. But Ginobili is one of the few players that are not superstars that have that killer instinct. And maybe the only one we have a real shot at.

3. pac73186

pac73186 Member

yeah most def he has that killer instinct he hit that shot tonight but stepped on the line...

4. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

We are not getting a Lebron or Kobe so..... Like I said in another post. The Kings actually won more games when he was out with a injury then when he was playing for them. He's nothing but a stat all star and will just delay the developing process of our young guys.

5. pac73186

pac73186 Member

im not saying that if bron or wade came to houston just saying in general if he were to go to the cavs or lakers that he would be another weapon he wouldnt ruin there chances...the only reason they were better without him is because reke isnt a true pg so when martin came back the offense got stagnant that why beno starts with reke now cuz its beno can handle the ball as we all know kmart has no handles

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

7. platinum

platinum Member

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Then build about AB!

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

too soon to tell...his demeanor on the court says no but who knows..it's only a few games in.

9. danoman

danoman Member

personally i dont think kevin martin has the "killer instinct" from what i have seen lately..... lets just say that we do aquire BOSH, our starting line up next season would be,
    AB-PG
    KM-SG
    ARIZA-SF
    BOSH-PF
    YAO-C
    are we in trouble? :confused: :confused:

10. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

Well I would leave if the opposite happened.

11. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Nope. He does not...

YET

12. ty185

ty185 Member

As far as I am concerned, as long as a player gets me 25 ppg efficiently, I really don't care which quarter did he score those points from...

13. chosans

chosans Member

Brooks is the only player on the roster that has the 'killer instinct'. He's not afraid to throw up shots and has that demeanor. However, I will say that Martin has the ability and tools that he should be the closer, given his advantage in height/length mixed with speed, it would be easier for him to get a shot off.