1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Justice think Scola is better than Barkley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5605659.html

I'd have to say Barkley was better.

2. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

you would know a little something about 4 men Mr Hererra.

anyway i think Scola would be better than Sir Charles..

at color commentary!

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

You know, Barkley played during my "peak" years as a Rockets fan. I've probably watched about 60% of the games Chuckster played in the Rockets uniform.

And yet for some reason I always think past him when talking about Rockets PFs. When I read that, I actually agreed with Justice because I simply forgot about Barkley.

I think it's because I sort of think of him as a "rental" player rather than a "true" Rocket. Well, plus the fact that he bashes us every chance he gets, so that kind of makes me want to forget he played for us once. :)

4. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

barkley will always top my charts as one of the best PF's ever

have u seen em in person?

im 5`11, he's really not that much taller then me yet he could board like nobody's business and play d on any 7footer

when we lost to the jazz in the year we shoulda won that championship

did u watch the 2 3s we missed wide open

barkley was double teamed immediately passed to mario for a wide open 3, all rim

just like when ppl blame tmac for not getting out the first round, ppl dogged charles for not getting a ring and he dominated his position every game it was just his teammates who let em down

also when he told the fans not to come to the games in phoenix when they booed KJ that only proves he was a teammate first kinda player

theres plenty of hustle players like scola, there was only 1 charles, no need to compare

5. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Justice been drinking the koolaid, give him a mulligan on this one. if this continues the good times, gimme a cup or three!

on a more serious note, Barkley is obviously the better pf. Otis is the better Rocket. i appreciate players willing to forgo $$$ fer a chance at a ring, kudos to Barkley.

6. jusdin

jusdin Member

I'll think about it lately. :D

7. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

'Sir Charles' doesn't do 'color commentary' ...

as a tv personality? Charles may be an ignoramus, but he gets the fans fired up & interested. thats a winner for TNT. every outrageously misstated misadventure draws droves of fans anxious to be aggrieved.

fer TNT Charles Barkley is a cash cow. if they let him go tomorrow, sports networks would queue up like drones for his services.

8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

yeah, i don't remember what he was listed as, but alot of people always inflated his height to be 6-7 or 6-6, i guess to make him look similar to other small 4s but he was really only 6-4.

I don't think their will ever be a guy that small who can do what he did from the 4 position. Everybody who's been compared to him since has been taller.

9. Eddie5ball

Eddie5ball Member

This comment is too funny. So the teammates are to blame for him not winning it all? :rolleyes: from what I remembered, he could've played better defense on the pick and roll were John Stockton hit the 3pointer! He left him wide open to shoot and didn't even jump, great teammates huh?

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

while barkley unfortunately ran into two of the greatest players ever in jordan and hakeem all around the same age, barkley absolutely choked against the rockets in 95. chucky brown anyone? kj carried them in game seven of that series, not barkley

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Barkley was done by the time he got here and wasted his opportunity by not closing out on John Stockton. Philly and Phoenix Barkley was better than Scola but not the Rockets Barkley.

12. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

''and the Rockets got their best power forward since Otis Thorpe.''

When Barkley joined y'all he was over his top, he wasn't that good anymore. I think i heared him say in a interview that he couldn't play anymore.
    Anyway i remember him as the buttman (always with his butt to the basket and pushing people back) back in his Rockets days. If you compare the phx Barkley with the Rockets Barkley yeah he couldn't play anymore.

So in Rockets uniform Scola is better i think. Overall Barkley offcourse.

13. SunsRocketsfan

umm Barkley still had a few good years here.. it was actually Clyde retired after year 1, Hakeem's rapid decent and Pippen and some role player who played poorly in the years he was here.. just check out Barkley's stats ...although i do agree he was going down hill after his peak in Phoenix. but i dont think you can quite compare Scola with Barkley.. hopefully Scola keeps developing and becomes a solid PF..

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Done?

His first year here he averaged 19.2 pts 13.5 rebs in 38 mpg.

http://www.nba.com/history/players/barkley_stats.html

15. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Seriously, there are only couple of guys here who seem to know what they are talking about Barkley in Rockets uniform. The others who claim to be Rockets fan around that time obviously were not following the team closely when Barkley was here.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

wasnt barkley first or second in the league in rebounds. and right at 20 points a game. im pretty sure he would have destroyed scola.

17. poprocks

poprocks Member

Barkley was our Michael Redd. You think Yao or T-Mac was a ball stopper? If you ever watched the games back then, Barkley was 10 times the ball stopper that our guys are. You throw the ball into Barkley, all he does is dribble dribble dribble with his back to his oppnent using his fat butt to back someone down. He shoulda been called for a foul for that. Then he'd waste about 10 seconds doing that, he's throw up a turn around jumper.

Yeah so what he scored a lot of points and got a lot of rebounds. He didn't make the overall team better. In fact, when Barkley was out, I thought the offense flowed much better.

18. poprocks

poprocks Member

He was ballhog and a chucker and that's why he's like Michael Redd :mad:

19. Buck Turgidson

Your first mistake was taking something written by Justice seriously.

20. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯