1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Jimmy Fallow deserve the Tonight Show?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Feb 7, 2014.

?

Does he?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    53.6%
  1. what

what Member

I'm gonna say no. Not that I am suggesting that Keno should stay either. I'm just saying that: Letterman was passed over, Conan had it for a week and Fallon gets the just after a couple of months, seems like.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Are you drunk?

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Who would u say deserves the job? Conan? I don't think he wants it anymore.

Carson Daly has been doing the graveyard shift for like 10 years. Mans due.

jk

4. what

what Member

Conan or Kimmell, I respect more. Even arsenio hall, Jon Stewart. I could get a list out. Fallon doesn't deserve it at all in my opinion.

5. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Fallon is and has always been on Lorne Michaels' wiener, and Michaels repays that devotion. From as far back as his SNL days when he could never keep a straight face until now. He's a moderately funny guy who is pretty talented musically and a decent writer... but not a "comedian" in my book, and certainly not a comedian good enough to sit in the seat once filled by Jack Paar and Johnny freaking Carson.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Jimmy Fallow?

Keno?

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Why would any of then want the job? Maybe jon Stewart but he's too political and has become unbearable as of late

Jimmy is way better than Jay ever was and he's only been doing it for 5 years. And it's not like people are lining up for a job in a dying media like late night talk show hosts

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

What Fallon has going for him is he's extremely likeable, and out of all the possible candidates he probably connects best with the 18-34 demographic. Though that age group's probably more likely to watch his segments the next day on YouTube than in real-time.

But there's nothing wrong with the choice. It's not like Conan or Letterman are ever going back to NBC.

9. what

what Member

Good catch, but I figured somebody (probably somebody witter than you), would get a Joe Pesci line in there somewhere.

Gallow? G.a.l.l.o.w Gallow's dead.
    I am aware of that.

10. what

what Member

Jimmy ain't close to Jay. Stop it.

11. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Another what thread that begs the question, what?

12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I respect Jay as a comedian and person, but the dude just isn't relevant to people under the age of 50. I think Kimmel has emerged as my favorite late night guy, with Conan and Ferguson vying for two. I loved pre-TBS Conan more, I think a little bit of him died over losing The Tonight Show.

I think Conan strives when interacting with real people and in skits. His interviews are generally pretty meh, but crap like this is golden.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x51o16" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x51o16_lnwcob-1864-baseball_shortfilms" target="_blank">LNwCOB - 1864 Baseball</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/ccob" target="_blank">ccob</a></i>

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Anything where he is wearing a fake mustache is aiight.

[​IMG]

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the general late night crowd is over 35
    So the host needs to reach that main demographic.
    [I know I wasn't trying to be watching latenight in my 20s]

The question is . . .
    1. does he lose the #1 spot?
    2. If he does how long does he have to get it back?

Rocket River

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Fallon & Leno both suck

16. what

what Member

Fixed.

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

Fallon about to show the world he's on Leno's level.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Kimmel is funny but he has a douchey style that turns me off. Letterman sucks now as well. I prefer Fallon

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Even though years of writing usable live broadcast material on a five-day turnaound makes him fundamentally qualified, it simply doesn't matter. Everyone who's been a broadcast executive at NBC for he last seven years literally has to die before any live talent can trust their management again. That whole network has been eating its own face since the turn of the century. Gave up betting on young, educated and affluent to garner acclaim and attract ratings after syndicating, only to be too late, unoriginal and risk averse to build a solid business around reality TV profits.

20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Stupid thread.
    WTF does deserve have to do with it??? :confused:

How or why does it matter whether we think he deserves it or not???

If you chose to use the thread to ask how we think he will do at the helm of the show that'd be different but no, yet again another idiotic thread that makes people go "What..dafuq?"