1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Does bringing in James signal the end of Luther Head?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Honey Bear, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Luther's trade value is probably as high as it will ever be, and his lack of handles and explosiveness will limit his PT in an Adelman offense. I honestly never found Head to be much better than a Charlie Bell type guy, but he can probably fetch us a pretty solid big man if he's packaged with Sura's contract.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mike James and Shane Battier for Bibby
    throw in luther to grab kenny thomas.....

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You overestimate Luther quite a bit. He won't fetch us much of anything with Sura's contract. Package him with something meaningful (like Shane or the 26th pick) and we might get a worthwhile player.

4. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

we have to keep shane. or else our backcourt will be full of midgets. we need to have tmac w/ battier b/c that allows us to switch off any perimeter offensive player.

i would prefer to keep head. i think last yr was his first playoffs and he got nervous. he'll learn. i would only trade him if we get a legit starter even if we do package him w/ something.

luther is still young guys. and tmac and him have great chemistry.

5. Honey Bear

I'm definitely not overestimating Luther... but I think packaged with Sura he could get us a borderline starter like Nick Collison (overrated by many fans) or a Etan Thomas/Brendan Haywood type player. Nothing great, but if we packaged him with Battier we would really need a good player in return.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I'm afraid Luther is likely gone to fill the need at 4 with some decent but modest talent like Kleiza or Reggine Evants (Denver needs a shooter who isn't a flake).

[​IMG]

I'm also afraid the Steve Francis to Houston dream is over. :(

7. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

I think it'll be a big mistake trading away Luther. He still has loads of potential.

8. Man

Man Contributing Member

I like head's play, didn't like the terrible playoff performance.
    I hope we can keep him, as well as Spanoulis.
    Bonzi coming back?
    Hmm, keep Alston or move him?
    Definitely a power forward void.

9. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

so you're saying that since that we traded juwon howard, NOW we have a power forward void?

10. Honey Bear

No, I'm saying Luther doesn't provide anything that James doesn't. Sorry I didn't spell that out for you.

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

We used Head primarily as a backup SG last year before trying to switch him over to backup PG, where he was less effective. That's where we'll probably keep him. We don't have a backup SG yet and he's still a very effective shooter. C'mon, he shouldn't be traded for having a bad playoff series. If that series makes or breaks your future here then we'd have to trade away our entire team!

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Head's still on a rookie level deal and the best 3P shooter on the team. With a prominent big guy who excels in offense on the team that will always be valued. What's changed is he no longer a backup PG and in Head's case that's good.

13. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Nick Collison is a beast! I can definitely see him starting at PF for us.

14. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Signals the coming of RON ARTEST.

15. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Yes, but not just Luther, I would add EITHER VSpan or Rafer is being shopped as we speak in some package deal.

Can you say "Ron Artest"?

I am giddy right now...beyond giddy. Not only did we just add a guy with balls, but we're rumored to add 'the bull' himself if the Ron Artest thing comes to fruition. Then what do you know? One of the sissiest rosters in the league SUDDENLY can hold its own against the likes of the Jazz and the Spurs. :D

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Unless he's packaged with other players and picks for an All-Star caliber player like Artest, I wouldn't mind seeing Head traded to Denver for Kleiza as rumored back in February.

17. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

44% from three. You don't give that up for peanuts. I know he doesn't bring much else, but every team in the league needs shooters. Don't give up Head unless you get something really valuable back.

18. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

keep luther head.

he disappeared in his 1st playoff series, and that sucks but he had a fine regular season. he showed great improvement from season 1 to 2 and i think that growth will continue

keep luther

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think Rafer, the first round pick, Sura, etc can get a decent center. They still have the full MLE for PF and they can still trade skip and the 1st rounder. if worst comes to worst, they can play Bonzi, Shane, and Tmac and they can all be interchangeable 2-4.

20. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

I don't know (voted yes), but someone is outta there for sure!