1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want the Spurs in the 1st Round of the Playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RealLife, Apr 4, 2015.

1. RealLife

RealLife Member

The fan in me is saying "yeah, bring 'em, have the MVP."

But when I really think about it, they have a long history of beating MVP teams during the playoffs.

Furthermore, this is their 18th straight year appearing in the playoffs.

With the 30 points win over the Nuggets, the Spurs have 16 seasons in a row of 50 wins.

They are red hot, having won 16 of their last 19 games.

But then again, they lost to Memphis in 1st round of 2011, and it took them 7 games last year to beat Dallas in the 1st round.

So I don't know, maybe we can beat them the 1st round, because they might not be as well-oiled machine. The Spurs turn into a different beast once they reach the western conference finals.

2. i3artow i3aller

When keeping it real goes wrong...
    [​IMG]

Don't mind me.
    I'm just daydreaming of sweeping Dallas.
    [​IMG]

3. djimi

djimi Member

Who in their right mind would want to meet the defending champions? I bet even Warriors would be afraid of them. They have too much playoff experience. Among all the teams, SAS is the last team i want Rockets to meet.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

why not face an easier team so we can finally make it out the first round? the spurs are in the bottom seeds only cuz of injuries.

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

McHale >>> Pop

No need to worry
    :(

6. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Rockets win in 5 tbh

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

No. Just no.

8. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I want us to win the championship.

9. RealLife

RealLife Member

Let's look at some recent history, shall we?

2012 Spurs Playoffs
    Spurs wins against Jazz (4-0)
    Spurs win against Clippers (4-0)
    Spurs lost to OKC (2-4)

Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, and Harden went crazy hot for 4 straight games, snapping the spurs 20 game-winning streak.

2013 Spurs Playoffs
    Spurs wins against Lakers (4-0)
    Spurs win against Warriors (4-2)
    Spurs win against Memphis (4-0)

Dwight Howard was ejected after the Spurs sweep Lakers.

2013 Spurs Playoffs
    Spurs wins against Dallas (4-3)
    Spurs win against Portland (4-1)
    Spurs win against OKC (4-2)

To win against Spurs you have to hit 'em early, and have a homecourt advantage, which the Rockets have in the first round.

Furthermore, Harden has already beat the Spurs when he was with the OKC, plus Howard will have motivation to revenge after being swept when he was with the Lakers.

10. apatel123

apatel123 Member

Of course not, what kind of idiot question is that?

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I believe the results of our next two games with the Spurs will play a keep factor. If we win them both, then we have a much better chance. If we lost both, we dont have a chance at all.

The issue with the Spurs is whether they bring their A game. If they are focused and really want to win, there is little stopping them. I am not convinced they will bring it all. I think they are tired and feel they have nothing to prove.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No team wants to face them, only people that don't really know how basketball works would want to face a team with their capabilities.

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I don't fear the Spurs. The fact that they think Kwihi Leonard is > than the combination of Ariza and Brewer for the Rox is laughable. They are the defending chumps.. Rockets can at least win 4 - 1 if not sweep them in a series.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not rooting for us to match up with the Spurs in the first round, but I'll be excited if we do. If our Rockets knock off the defending world champion San Antonio Spurs in the first round, they'll gain A LOT of respect around the league and that will be great for us going into free agency.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What...

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Spurs will have the edge against us, but they are not unbeatable provided if we are all fit. If Parker can be slowed down, we might have a chance at upsetting them.

17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

All I read was " do you want to lose in the first round"

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

If you're asking if I think the Spurs are "Finally Done" and will be an easy 1st round win, I say no. I would much rather face Dallas. Do I think we match up well with San Antonio? We did last year, probably not so well this year, hard to tell since we still have 2 regular season games with them this week. I'll come back and finish my thoughts on this after the Weds night and Friday night games.

-LCA

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Spurs haven't proven they can beat the rockets in a 7 game series.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm not sure Dwight will be 100% in the 1st round. The Rockets need the easiest opponent possible: Mavs.

Rockets haven't proven they can beat ANYONE in a 7-game series. Both teams had a common opponent last year. Rockets went 2-4. Spurs were 4-1.