1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Jordan Hill's tenure as a Rocket is numbered?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Mar 8, 2011.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=201536 ;)

As I said there, yes, Hill is the forgotten man now. Not a good or bad thing --just is what it is. Sorta like Hill, he is what he is ;)

Scola>Patterson>Hill
    Hayes>Miller>Hill>Thabeet

And to think there was once a "Free Jordan Hill!" "campaign". Ha

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

Hill is a huge bust and it's been apparent since last year. I see some improvement in his offensive game (likely CD's work), but his defense actually seems to have regressed. He is a huge liability. He actually moves out of the way of players in the paint. He'll try and swat shots, but he's always out of position to defend other bigs. It's like he doesn't want to use his body at all. Like he's scared of contact.

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

You see so much potential in Hill but his confidence is at an all time low. He played his best game against the Celtics (Garnett, Glen Davis, Perkins) a little less than a year ago.

We have to allow him room to make mistakes (travel, lose the ball, etc...) and still play him consistently. Demarre Carroll would have been a nice defensive stopper on VC.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

The behavior that you just pointed it out drove me nuts in the game thread. WTF was that? Might as well roll the red carpet for Warrick to dunk into our basket? Unforgivable behavior and I fault Aldeman for not yanking Hill's arse out after the second dunk.

The guy plays like he doesn't care. Not only loses pt to Patterson, now sucks worse than a 2 cent hooker.

5. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Hill needs more minutes to develop, please play Hill instead of Miller.

I know Hill doesn't have high ball IQ, but, at least, we can get better trades if we play him and let him have presentable numbers on stats sheet.

6. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

J. Hill's college coach even called him out on the Suns broadcast last nite for not playing hard, funny stuff. He also seemed like a big fan of Bud as well.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It is bad when even your former college coach call you out in front of potentially millions of people watching a bb game.

Get rid of this cat ASAP and start filling up the roster with Lowry, Scola, Lee, etc.. attitude types.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Member

I see too many positives from this kid and too many easily fixable mistakes to give up on him this early.

Unless he is bringing back a better player in a trade I am keeping him throughout his rookie contract.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Member

I foresee a future thread in the NBA Dish:

Do you think Jordan Hill's tenure as an NBA player is numbered?

10. No Worries

No Worries Member

Hill would be getting more minutes if the Rockets were out of the playoff hunt.

I see Hill's upside as 12 ppg, 10 rpg and above average defense. If he played for a crap team and could get 36 mpg, I would give him a 50-50 shot of reaching his potential by the end of next season.

11. zcity

zcity Member

Hill

Agree - and this tells it all: I'd rather see Thabeet at least he'll occasionally block a shot

12. OthellaMyFella

I don't know...there's somethig about Hill that I don't like. I don't whether it's his demeanor, his passion or what. He just doesn't seem to care whenever he's out on the floor. He's wasted space. Might as well play 4 on 5 whenever he's on the court or start developing thabeet. I'm more high on thabeet than I am hill. Its silly to have a rookie, Patterson, come in and knock u out the rotation? Obviously he doesn't care because even in garbage minutes, he's still ass. And to think some had him projected #1 pick in draft. Release, trade or do whatever u have to do to not make this bum in a rocket uniform next season.

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Err wrong, Jordan has a higher reach and vertical then Patrick..

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/

Jordan Hill
    Min Vertical: 31 in
    Max vertical: 35 in
    Max vert reach: 11'11

Patrick Patterson
    Min Vertical: 28.5 in
    Max Vertical: 33.5 in
    Max vert reach: 11'8.5

Patrick doesn't have better "hops", he just has MUCH better fundamentals(higher BBIQ) and a more built frame then Jordan Hill..

14. zzpot

zzpot Member

:mad::mad::mad::mad: MUST SMASH.....HULK MUST SMASH ROCKETS PLAYER.......MUST SMASH.........HULK MUST SMASH JORDAN HILL.........HULK MUST SMASH BRAD MILLER........... MUST SMASH.........HULK MUST SMASH COACH RICK ADELMAN.......MUST SMASH.........HULK MUST SMASH ALL ROCKETS.....HULK MUST SMASH CLUTCH THE BEAR... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Is everyone happy now... See I got Hulk to smash all the bad stuff for you... Now you can hug your Teddy Bear and sleep real nice at night...

Just don't hang your hand over the side of the bed or the boogie man will gitcha....:eek: ...hahahaha

zzpot puff puff :cool:

15. herro

herro Member

I'd flip him for a 2nd rounder.

How he started over Patterson last night is beyond me. Adelman needs to adjust his entire approach to coaching.

16. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Please ban him. There are just so many infuriatingly lame things about this post that I don't want to list them. But the worst is probably signing off on your own post with your username (like we couldn't see it to the side, and a "puff puff." Hey guys you won't believe this....that dude apprently smokes weed!!! Totally AWESOME....

Anyways, to say Hill isn't athletic is a joke. He just is quite simply a horrible basketball player and isn't smart enough to start getting it know, at least it seems. His days aren't numbered with the Rockets, he will be lucky to be in the league by 2014 if major things don't change. He is worth literally nothing right now, trade wise.

17. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

BTW I think it is hilarious that HIll somehow starts and sees the floor more than T-Will....who has shown the ability to actually play good NBA basketball for a period of time (a couple of months last year). Hill has literally shown nothing but a good 10 minutes....never even impressed for a full game before. Unreal.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

So now we are comparing Jordan Hill to Terrence Williams.... oh man, my head hurts.

-Neither of these two players will be in the Rockets long term plans if they dont pan out respectively and drastically improve... But here's the thing.. they both need to improve in totally different things.

-With Jordan Hill its his basic fundamentals, concentration, and feel for the game. He plays his ROLE with the team just fine, he just makes tons of mental mistakes. Those can be corrected in the offseason if he works hard enough.

Regardless, the Rockets will still look to upgrade his position whether it be through the draft or free agency. He will have to beat somebody out in order to get a rotation spot next season because he still is under contract and wont bring much value in a trade. He has this summer to turn it around.

-With Terrence Williams we are now in a totally different playing field. He has the skills and the ability to physically do everything necessary to play a ROLE on this team but his problem is attitude.

He has consistently expressed frustration at the coaches and when he does get on the floor he plays outside of the role that Adelman has put in front of him and breaks plays in order to put himself in position to score or create.

This notion that he is "raw" or just needs playing time is incorrect... He is who he is as a basketball player, but if he wants to have an impact on the team and play then he has to totally change his style of play and except the role he has been given.

A summer to develop will do him no good unless he corrects his attitude and accepts a role within the gameplan. Terrence however has nearly three more seasons on his contract, so whatever they want to do with him they have time to figure it out or pay some other team to take him. Jordan really only has this summer to figure it out or he wont be a Rocket much longer.

19. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

hill is not born to play bball. all ppl are thinking he doesn't have passion and motivation. i really doubt about it. when i watched him playing, he doesn't show me any bball instinct with him.

tw is another story. he is born to play bball but he was molded into a wrong player, a player who has NBA skills but leads a YMCA team.

20. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Member

Don't we want PHX to make the playoffs? He may have just helped us to a 1st round pick.