1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think it's a good thing former Rockets' stars come to games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Dec 12, 2015.

?

Do you think it's good for the organization/city/fans?

1. Yes

96.4%
  2. No

3.6%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Ya, both the 80's and 90's saw Finals appearances and HOF level players.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yep....

3. J Hard

J Hard Member

Brothers cant focus on each other when speaking like any other race without it being considered gay? Grow up and stop the foolishness.

4. tenguin

tenguin Member

dude, that team would have been soooooo good

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You said gay.

Suspect.

J/k

(Earlier I am agreeing that the chic is eye candy not about the pathetic comment)

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

For those of you wondering why this thread was made, it should be apparent by now.

Obviously some fans aren't grateful for the past stars this organization has had. They'd rather be "embarrassed" that the city overall considers guys like T-Mac and Francis as "Rockets Legends" than be proud of the culture/history of the organization and team.

That's pretty sad.

I find it a great thing that stars from the past still live in Houston and love this city. It should definitely be a bigger destination than it currently is.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Love Tmac, Yao, Hakeem. As a late 90's baby I'd have to say whenever I think of ex rocket legends I think of those 3.

8. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

And injuries, until the past 2 years for Kobe.

9. oakdogg

oakdogg Member

Everyone knows hitting the gym harder is the only way to fix a bad back!!!!!!!

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

With all the talk around here about the Rockets treating players badly, I think it's pretty cool Rockets have such great relationships with former players.

Rockets don't have as rich a history as the Celtics, Lakers and Bulls but you always hear old players talk about how they enjoyed their time as a Rocket. Even players who went on to get championships with other teams come back to so love. Chicago can barely get their championship teams in one place.

I think back to when Rockets got Dwight, all the Rockets big men came to welcome him. Cool.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

Hakeem is a true legend, but Steve really did bleed Rockets red, and he left everything he had on the floor every single night. I will always respect and appreciate him for that.

12. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I don't see why anyone would be against this.

Or they could be bitter towards the rockets like Barkely and Pippen.

13. Codman

Codman Member

As much disdain as he received when he "quit" on us during that Toronto game, Tmac is a Rockets legend, even though he's not remotely close to the same legendary status as the likes of Dream, Clyde, Moses, Chuck, etc...

Tracy had some INCREDIBLE games as a Rocket, and when he was healthy, although it seemed rare, he was damn near unguardable. The elevation on his jumper, or that pull-up 3 and the post-fade-a-way were all unstoppable. I wasn't his greatest fan, but he did lead the Rockets during the time he was here. He helped Yao, in terms of toughness, early on. Yes, TMac and toughness. I wrote it.

I think he gets beat up more than he should, but fans are so fickle. I'm grateful for the times he was here and did leave it all on the floor. And, I think the amount of years he was here warrants "legend" consideration, at the very least.

He just couldn't put it together to win a series. But, if we determined all Rockets to be legendary or not based on their post-season successes, we'd have a lot of guys off of the list who were deserving.

Now, Stevie Franchise is another story. Such a great talent...and then pretty much had a disappearing act in Orlando in NY. I thought he had a few more years in him when we signed him after the Portland release, but he looked finished. That's a sad story.

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

it is very sad indeed. bunch of fake rockets fans. smh. :(

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

moron

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Why the heck would anyone vote "no"?

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

According to the poll, you do.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

Hopefully it shames them into playing better

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

lol i did that cuz i thought this was a troll thread

reminder to those that dont think its a good idea - every single playoffs with the rockets tmac elevated his game. i hate the toronto game but its not like he half assed his time with the rockets.

everyone and their grandmama knows a healthy 08-09 rockets team would've won the finals

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I honestly believe his back wasn't as bad as he complained about. The dude many times explicitly stated how basketball isn't even his favorite sport and how he wanted to retire by age 30. His heart wasn't fully invested into the game like Kobe's. Frankly, Mcgrady was the more superior talent than Kobe.