1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Harden and Howard will leave as soon as the opportunity comes if the coaching isn't fix

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ns575, May 11, 2015.

1. Ns575

Ns575 Member

I honestly see it as a strong possibility that those two will bolt if we keep McHale and next season goes the same.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Yes, yes they will... even though both have said amazing things about McHale and there is almost no mention from the players that he is the problem.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

They seem to love McHale's free nature coaching with little to no accountability. It's the paycheck that matters most to them, not actual winning.

4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

If Dwight wants to win as bad as he says he does, he'll opt out and take a pay cut.

5. DenisM

DenisM Member

If they want McHale to be fired, he will be fired.

1 person likes this.
  6. Ns575

Ns575 Member

I don't care if we have LeBron and KD on our team at the same time or Steve Blake and Gary Neal. As a fan, I wanna see players on the court that don't give up like this.

7. Ns575

Ns575 Member

I get sick every time McHale starts his clapping

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think McHale will lose them, I think they will always respect him and his career as a player, but they are not stupid and will see what a lot of us fans see, that he is just not a good coach.

DD

1 person likes this.
  9. Play07

Play07 Member

Cap will be super high by then his $22mill won't be a big factor

10. J Hard

J Hard Member

Howard wouldve stayed in LA if that was the case. 5 year max is more than a 4 year max last time I checked. DOnt give me the taxes talk because he's still make more in LA plus the endorsements and acting roles, etc

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dwight is under contract for one more year before he can opt out.

Harden is under contract for 3 more years.

Sure, they're getting their butt kicked but this fear of them leaving? Nah.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think it's comical that the fans think for a second that they know how to coach or GM a team. What's even sadder is when they think they know who will be successful and who will be a failure at said positions. Really, what is McHale to do? Get your team into the playoffs, check. HCA in the first 2 rounds, check. Deal with the constant turnover due to trades and injuries, check. Oh wait, he didn't deal with the fact his star players being overtly frustrated at not getting the calls they should and shutting down. Silly McHale. You can prep a team all you want, when they lose composure it's on them to see the effect.

13. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

That's my mistake. I thought he had a player option for next season.

14. Ns575

Ns575 Member

I never once said I could coach or GM a team. Whats wrong with fans saying our coach sucks? After all, it's us, the fans, that pay them.

15. SemisolidSnake

Of course. Dwight's getting older, and he knows that the team isn't heading for the championship he wants with its current direction. With Harden, good coaches and GMs in the league realize that he's monstrously talented and just needs some good coaching and instruction. They'll snap him up at the max and turn him into the team-slaughterer he already should be.

Extending McHale before the playoffs were over, regardless of what you think of McHale, has got to be one of the stupidest business decisions I've ever seen. Maybe if he was working to extend his job, we'd be playing better.

16. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

So your prediction is that both our players want to leave?

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well that is VERY important.
    And it IS ON THE COACH to manage composure, ego or what ever mental things are happening to the team

and the Lack of adjustments or a working game plan

Rocket River

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If the Rockets flame out of the playoffs this series as they seem to be on track to do and they lose in the first or second round next year, I could definitely see Dwight leaving. Unfortunately I don't see McHale getting sh-tcanned this summer unless Dwight and James demand a coaching change.

19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

You kidding me? They love McHale.

20. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Sooo...you guys know Dwight's not leaving, right?