1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you live in the loop or outside of the loop?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da1, Sep 2, 2013.

?

Are you a city dweller or suburbanite?

1. Under 30, live inside loop (or nearby)

36 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. Under 30, live in suburbs

41 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Over 30, live inside loop (or nearby)

21 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Over 30, live in suburbs

30 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. Mr. Brightside

My church group prays every Saturday afternoon for those unfortunate souls who have been forced to live outside the loop. Either through misfortune or just plain bad luck circumstances have brought these individuals to live in such a remote and dangerous place. I truly feel sorry for those individuals and makes me feel all the more blessed to live in such a wonderful environment. With a little bit of faith, you too can live up to your potential. If anyone is interested in joining our weekly prayer meeting please send me a PM via the board.

2. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

p much.

3. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

So is Kingwood HS. It's in the City of Houston. But of course that's not what you meant. You meant inside the loop... at least originally until you tried to win the argument so you flip flopped.

4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Member

I've lived all my life in the suburbs and I have no regrets. I feel like where I am now out in the Sugar Land area puts me close enough to enjoy the city life without being inundated by it all the time. For some reason the thought of living inside the loop or close to it makes me feel claustrophpobic.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Inner cities are more crowded and have a larger disparity of income. This means more crime in general, and a higher risk of crime and violence in already densely populated areas and schools where socioeconomic factors that predict criminal activity tend to aggregate. Go ahead and retract your idiotic racial charge from earlier.

6. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

29, married, live by heights Walmart. Love it, she wants to move to the woodlands, no kids yet..

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

He won't retract anything. Just like he won't retract his original statement about there being a generational gap. His poll proves otherwise. But he'll a righteous ******* about it either way.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

If I could live downtown at the moment, I would. But I'm also in my early 20s.

When I settle down, have kids, I will live in the burbs. It's nice feeling safe inside your house at night. I don't even have to worry about locking my doors. Shoot, the worst crime that has happened on my street is punk kids stealing from cars that were left unlocked.

9. Dubious

Dubious Member

I live in the green green pine trees, like god intended. But I'm still only 5 minutes from 100 restaurants, 2 billion dollars worth of new infrastructure and 5 million square feet of class A office space. My house is worth double what I paid for it in 1991 and will eventually pay for a large breasted nurse to give me warm sponge baths.

10. Grinds

Grinds Member

Lol. Knew this was coming

11. Grinds

Grinds Member

Over 30, inside the Loop. Ideally, I want 2 cribs... a loft in the city and a huge property in the country.

12. Grinds

Grinds Member

Does natural matter?

13. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Houston's inner loop doesn't seem to have a [​IMG] problem. Seems more like a resource problem. As for income disparity, it's not a really mixed bag, seems pretty [​IMG]

14. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Ah crap, sorry for the large image. Mods please fix :(

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I have 4 kids, make less than mid-six-figures, care deeply about education (and ho-hum on safety), and still living not only inside the loop, but in the Third Ward. Granted, my kids go to a magnet school on the other side of town, but HISD's magnet system is part of the reason why living with kids in the city isn't as ridiculous as you make out.

16. Illegal Machine

I'd love to live in the loop, but I wanted a yard.

I'm in Pearland (technically Manvel). Off of 288.

17. jank1434

jank1434 Member

Under 30 and I live in the 'burbs since I work in Conroe.

I would love to work and live in Houston if the opportunity arose.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Da1 do you own a computer, or do you use the public ones in the library?

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

Over 30, inside the loop right near Memorial Park. I do love the city life but DAMN I am sick to freaking death of construction EVERYWHERE. It seems like they're been working on the side streets of I-10 at Shephard/Durham for over a year and now Uptown and downtown, construction every freaking where. Sick of it.

#59 LonghornFan, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Suburbs and love it (safer, bigger house, more open spaces for the kiddos, 95% of our friends are out here, very underrated eating, especially ethnic foods) . I would also love living inside the loop. I think there are advantages to both. To me, the only thing that really matters is who I'm living with, not where. And at this moment, I'd be happy in Walla Walla, WA if I had to be.