1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you like the modern nfl

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by otis thorpe, Oct 13, 2013.

1. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

I dont have a problem with the personal foul on dallas for barely hitting griffin out of bounds. i dont have a problem with the rule. however the rules are hard on the secondary.

offense sells and is fun to watch. im 38, not old. 40 points was rare in an nfl game 20 years ago. Yet i doubt twenty year olds would appreciate a well played 10-7 defensive battle. i like the game still but it doesnt feel right. I have no problem with progress but football should revolve around blocking and tackling imo.

2. SK34

SK34 Member

I'm 19. I like games that have a score of 9-6 rather than games that have a score of 40-30.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree, the changes in the secondary (been awhile now) have had the biggest impact on the game. There used to be more shutdown corners and less 100ypg receivers.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

HULLY GULLY FOOTBALL

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

If it weren't for fantasy football, I honestly don't know if I'd watch much of it anymore. College football is my fav along with NBA. I've just never felt a real connection with the Texans. The Oilers were the team I grew up around since my uncle worked for them, so I was always in the locker room and on the field. Still miss those days bad.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I soured on college football the same way I did the NFL. There are maybe 3 teams a year that can play elite defense, now that the rules favor the offense and every team has gone spread. I miss the option, not the spread option, the real option.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

As opposed to Paul Hornung blowing a reverse trap cuz Frankie Four Fingers bet a sawbuck on the Steamrollers?