1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DO NOT TRADE HARDEN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 15, 2020.

1. durvasa

durvasa Member

The only reason Harden is playing like he wants to be here is because that’s what was asked of him as the Rockets look for a trade deal. If the Rockets act like they will not trade him, he will act up again and turn the locker room upside down.

Just give the man what he wants and move on.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

No, Im sorry but no. The man just dropped 44 and 17, the dude will not tank games.

RocketRed4life and D-rock like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Member

Don't be impatient. The Rockets should look for players like Aaron in a trade by the deadline.

4. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I still don't get the hurry to ship him out by some posters

It's ridiculous

5. banzai

banzai Member

Tillman is from Mob City. They’re pretty insecure down there. I hate what Harden is doing and I’m gonna admit after that performance that something ain’t right with mgmt. I’m glad It hasn’t affected Harden’s game - RESPECT BEING EARNED. All house had to do was put a body on CJ and stop complaining. We would have won.

HP3 likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

DO NOT TRADE JAMES HARDEN!

I agree totally. Harden & Wood are perfect together!

7. Kim

Kim Member

I agree that he won't tank, but there could be massive unexpected consequences if the scenario is one where they pretend to placate Harden but never trade him.

I at least understand the move that it seems like they're trying now: everyone try hard to win and continue to field offers until the trade deadline. If Harden changes his mind before the deadline, great. If Harden doesn't change his mind, then take the best offer, because the best offer at the trade deadline will probably be better than the best offer in the off season.

Possum and joshuaao like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Versus giving Harden away for scraps and not taking ANY stabs for a decade or more.

Possum and saleem like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean that's an optimal plan........but if we are a top 3 seed at the deadline, I think a trade should be nixed. Forget it. Honestly...if we are losing, we arent gonna have a great locker room anyways. Lets play this out till the deadline. Lets see what this team can do fully healthy.

10. dmenacela

dmenacela Member

Wrong on so many levels.

All 3 had rings.

Kobe, Hakeem, Tim all proven. Harden hasn't.

smh

11. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Make a deal with Him. Tell Harden to give it his all this year, see how he mesh with Wood give this team a real shot' and well trade you before the start of next year. Even if we win a championship and u still want out.. we will send you to where u want.

12. Kim

Kim Member

There's a lot of unknowns here, but are you suggesting that if the Rockets have a top 3 seed by the trade deadline (or let's say be really close to a top 3 seed), then even if Harden is still demanding a trade, say to him, "whoops, we take it back - no trade for you!"

I mean, lol, that would be hilarious, but I don't think that'd be good for the team's future.

We don't know for sure what the arrangement is between Harden and the Rockets, but I doubt it's Harden saying "trade me" and then agreeing to "trade me after the season" during their negotiation.

The ideal situation is Harden genuinely changes his mind by the deadline, but I'm not sure seeding success will make that certain. With Harden, they've been the 1 seed, 2 seed, 4 seed... I don't think it's seeding that will matter as much as team success against the other playoff teams. In my dumb opinion, if Wood, Wall, Gordon, and Cousins excel in wins against other playoff teams without needing Harden to be in God mode, that'd be the best case to change his mind.

If he doesn't change his mind, you have to trade him by the season deadline. For me, the DeRozan pupu platter is the worst case trade scenario.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea I do.

If its us a possible championship I really dont care, we dont have our pick this year anyways.

Harden could change his mind if we are at least a top 3 seed.

Well maybe? Wel'll see, Harden kept it close with our roster now. Let's see how it plays out. Im sorry but as long as Harden doesnt tank games, Im not trading him.

I would rather gamble on Harden right now than take pupu platters at this moment. It really seems like we are getting Derozan pupu platters right now.

RocketRed4life, IBTL and D-rock like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

we are getting nothing but pupu platters at the moment

Why is Boston looking for a 3rd team? Are they not actually offering up Brown at the moment because Ainge is looking to fleece?

Denver will not trade Murray, and talks regarding MPJ were reported to have gained zero traction.

Miami pulled out

BK has nothing...Milwaukee has nothing...Portland has nothing

Simmons isn’t someone an organization should be rushing to acquire so that they can try and build around him, especially not in exchange for James Harden.

keep Harden the whole 2 years if u have to and keep improving the roster to see if he’ll eventually change his mind

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

James Harden signed an extension after the 15-16 debacle which shocked me, especially since our offseason was hiring MDA, and signing Ryno and EG

8 years here...he has love for the city, he just wants a ring because he views winning a ring as better for his legacy than staying in Houston for the rest of his career and retiring ringless...being the next Barkley or Malone isn’t appealing to him...nobody talks about their individual accomplishments, just that they never won a title...

convince him that he can win one here, and let’s actually get it done

Deuce, joshuaao, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Start with another upgrade to the roster.

Now, rather than waiting until deadline.

Little Bit, mikol13 and Reeko like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's pure stupidity is what it is.

Possum likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

yup...stay aggressive and do everything within your power to keep a player of Harden’s caliber because trading him is waiving the white flag

organizations wait decades to acquire a player of this caliber...u can’t lose him, especially when he’s in his prime and has a game that will age gracefully

this is the 2nd best player in franchise history

A player like Russ? Sure, trade his ass for whatever u can get when he demands a trade and threatens to not go to training camp. Harden? Man, a trade request and trips to Turkey Leg Hut or a Christmas party isn’t fazing me. All that stuff he was doing wouldn’t even be an issue if we weren’t in Covid times. This dude can be at a party all night and then drop a 40 point triple double later in the afternoon. So far, he is not pulling a Vince Carter or 09 T-Mac and giving 50% effort when out on the court despite his trade request, and I appreciate that. Do what u gotta do to keep him.

19. JumpMan

JumpMan Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Gotta agree with this. If he wanted to, he could get 30 with a near triple double and no one would think he was tanking. What he did in Portland was him showing out and wanting to win.

Still, I kinda don't want him to do this if his intention to get traded will not change. Once he goes, after being the offense for however long it takes to trade him, the team will suffer tremendously. The NBA knows who he is and the Rockets have to be thinking long-term.

Install and run whatever offense Silas plans to run once Harden is gone with him. He has the ability to play whatever role is asked of him. Hope he's willing. It will mean you lose more games because you won't be maximizing your best player, but over the course of the season, preparing the team for life without him will be better for them.

HP3 likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The Rockets can play to his ego, by simply saying the truth.

James - you are FAR too good of a basketball player to give you away for nothing, so far we have not been offered NEARLY enough for your amazing talents. Once we get something decent we will sit down with you and see what your thoughts are at that time.

DD

RocketRed4life, Possum and mikol13 like this.