1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Disturbing] Desmond is Amazing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Dec 16, 2018.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

This might be the most disturbing thing I've seen in a while. How could people be okay with sexualizing a 10 year old? The studio audience clapping and cheering might be more painful.

Rocket River likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean, we have child beauty pageants, been having em for a while.

Are you sure the 'sexualizing' is what you have an issue with?

FranchiseBlade and ThatBoyNick like this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Like to dislike ratio says it all.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You can make an argument about whether child beauty pageants are sexual.

this, on the other hand, is straight up perverted

Again I'm more shocked to see people cheering this on. This is not okay.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not really. There's a group of conservatives that go around disliking many such videos. It's actually pretty sad but unfortunately true. They spend a lot of time botting and coordinating these attacks on what would normally be innocent videos. I don't feel like digging it up but someone basically invaded a few discord chats of how they coordinated these 'attacks'.

Youtube did some pro-LGBT+ thing this year and it was basically just LGBT creators talking about their pride...

Check the like-dislike ratio. I guess it does say that homophobia is alive and well, unfortunately.

The thing is...If this was a girl would this video at all interest you? Everyone would just go "Awww, cute!" so I'm not sure why a boy doing it is any different.

From what the parents say, he's always been into dressing like a girl, if that is the case, then whatever. More power to him. If there was any evidence that they were forcing this upon him than they are horrible horrible parents...but if they are letting him be who he wants to be and do what he wants to do then they are amazing parents. I think this is what people are applauding more than anything.

A lot of people in the LGBT+ community have to hide in plain sight when it comes to things like this and I think they are applauding more his courage and his parents acceptance of it all.

All he's doing is dressing up in girls clothing and wearing a wig.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah you can't blame bots and groups you can't identify on everything that happens that you disagree with. Are we going to also blame Russia?

Mathloom and cml750 like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, sure I can. I can identify them. I think it's cute though that you think youtube like/dislike ratio on a particular video proves anything.

Rocket River and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am a Nurture over Nature person
    I feel like some of these type of things are more influencing than naturally occurring

As of Now. . . there are more Gay folx about than ever in history
    The prevailing theories are:
    1. They have always been there but now can show it
    2. They permissive nature and acceptance of modern society have allowed people to 'try'/choose' it
    3. Our society is outright attempting to push the Narrative and influencing it to be more the 'norm'

In Fact . . . .. as of now. . . . I am getting the general feeling . .. (If there were counted)
    The LGBTQ Community is probably the fastest growing 'minority' group in the country
    IF not the largest.

As for the video . . . .. I have concerns that we will allow a kid fo choose his gender/sexuality/etc
    when they barely old enough to pick out their own clothes
    Their kids. . .. . we . .as adults . . ..can say "ooo that kid is going to be gay"
    but that is bullshit . . .. kids do isht all the time that is just for the fun/attention/etc
    Just because he been saying he wants to be a COP since he was 1 . .. . . doesn't mean he may not end up being an Doctor

Rocket River

9. biff17

biff17 Member

how do you know that there are more gay folks than ever?

who is keeping these statistics?

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Kind of the point. No one is and there seems to be resistence to putting into the Census
    But .. . it is only the EYE TEST

Rocket River

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Someone tell this dude about beauty pageants lmao. Didn't Trump own Miss TEEN USA?

12. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

13. biff17

biff17 Member

Why would you want it in the census?

What is the point of counting gay people?

I have no idea where you are going with this.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Nope the child beauty pageants are perverted. It's not an argument can be made sort of situation. Putting kids in drag shows is on the level of that.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What's the point of counting any minority group? Group period?

Rocket River

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The bottom line is that there is a difference between males acting feminine and females acting masculine in our society. You are correct if this was a girl being a tomboy, being masculine, and doing things that boys do then yes it wouldn't be given much thought. Yes it's good he has supportive parents, but would you be ok with having a daughter painted like that and showing her off like that? The kid can be feminine without being sexualized before puberty. Secondarily, there isn't that comparative sexualization that occurs with females acting masculine. It is what it is.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't feel like he's being sexualized just by wearing girls clothing though. There are always stories of little boys trying on heels or dresses for sake of curiosity mostly and they turn out to be...straight men. I think it is better to let the kid explore himself and be himself. In the end, the reason suicide rates are so high in the LGBT+ community is that parents box their children in and try to force them to live to their standards and their morality.

Also, Drag Queens confuse a lot of people, but being one doesn't make anyone gay and it's not for sexual purposes? It's just men that like to dress up as women and put on makeup, from what I understand, there's nothing intrinsically sexual about it...but I guess it depends on ones opinion on what is sexualized and what isn't. One could make the argument that most of what is in media is sexualized.

You have pop singers that dance around on stage with 30% of their clothes on and a whole industry that makes billions of dollars off of sexualizing women, even at an early age. If I had a girl and she wore this EXACT same outfit tbh I probably wouldn't think much of it, just that it's a little girl wanting to look pretty, and this is something we consciously and unconsciously tell little girls, that they are supposed to be pretty and cute etc etc and sometimes its a boy that wants to look pretty.

These people often know pretty early how they feel about this stuff and he's 11, the average age for male puberty is 12...and that's not a set age so he very well could have begun puberty a year ago for all we know.

I do worry that he's being exploited for the fame of it though but that's a concern for any child that has any amount of fame.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I think I will pass on watching this video.

dachuda86 likes this.
  19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think you are just salty Jay. You are spendin' too much time harboring conspiracy theories about collectives that go around downvoting. Please identify the groups responsible for downvoting that video or come up with better things to say. The obvious answer is usually the correct one, which is people didn't like what they saw. It isn't that farfetched.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You do realize that these are the kids formative years, and taking him to colorful pride parades where everyone is overly encouraging of this is going to have a huge impact on his self identity. This is far different from letting a kid be himself. These parents are actively parading him around, and they will likely profit off it. Wait, one google search and...

https://desmondisamazing.com/

There you go. Nothing about this is normal or healthy for the child.

Disgusting (that refers to the parents, before you call me a trans/child hating bigot).