1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dion Waiters disappears with "illness"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 17, 2013.

1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

What? How is Jlin in the same situation?

2. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Do I really have to explain myself?

Does Harden gets the same treatment as Lin? No. Lin gets benched a lot for his mistakes, while Harden does not. Ok, Harden was benched ONCE this season. But that's more exception to the rule until we see more of that.

So Lin not only gets the double standard treatment, he even loses his starting role to Bev. I was just pointing out how different players handle these situations. Lin sucks it up, adjusts and becomes better. Waiters calls out Irving and Thompson, nearly gets into a fight with him and kills the chemistry.

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Member

Not sure if this is a troll or what..

Lin is playing his best basketball as a playmaking 6th man and they still complain that he deserves more, his minutes have only dipped by 2 a game and even with the emergence of bev and now brooks output all but guaranteeing future game time, I think fans of lin should be happy that their isn't the linsanity pressure to perform as the sole PG with only tony Douglas behind him anymore.

4. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

It's not a troll post. Actually your is a knee-jerk post.

With your post you are basically implying I'm LOF (which I'm not, but I guess CF users like to label people with LOF every time someone says a positive thing about Lin).
    You are also implying I'm not satisfied with his minutes. I'm ok if he plays 10 or 40 minutes/game, as long as it helps us get more wins.

I'm not talking about the RESULT of Lin benching and I'm not justifying either him starting or being a 6th man.

THE ONLY THING I was talking about was how Waiters is handling these things and how is this different from Lin handling these things.

They both received double standard treatment and Waiters has been facing the demotion from starting role (which probably will happen now). But Lin didn't try to get into a fight with a teammate or voiced displeasure with McHale's choices.

5. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Member

SMH.....

6. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

SMH at what? That's the best you can do? So you are saying there was no double treatment? Can you count how many times did Lin get benched for sloppy play and how many times that happened to Parsons or Harden?

Basically I don't care neither about double treatment or anything else McHale comes up with. As long as it's working, fine by me. I'm arguing about situation of Waiters and Lin being the same, which it is.

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Member

Their is no point arguing a point with you, because everything you say, you automatically believe it to be fact. Your argument above on lin vs cp25 and the beards "double standards" just has me glad your not the coach or a coach of any team for that matter

8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

So you are basically saying cp25 and harden played great basketball at beginning of the season? Because especially for Parsons, it didn't seem so. On other hand, Lin was playing great at the same time, but was seeing a lot less minutes. I'd really like to hear the logic behind it.

9. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Member

From one of your stellar threads

" Harden: Needs to accept an occasional spot-up shooter / cutter and cut on ISOs. Not really a chemistry problem!"

This is why I'm not arguing with u

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

Came on here to read about Dion Waiters having AIDS, throwing balls at a female ref or hanging out at Lowry's place, but all I get is an argument over whether Lin is being treated fairly by Coach McHale or the Double standards given to other players...blah, blah, blah.

Anyway back to Dion Waiters;

AIDS?

11. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

So you are fine with Harden hogging the ball most of the time when he's on the floor? Lin is at his best when he is handling the ball, but he can't start because nobody has the balls to tell Harden to OCCASIONALY (read three times if necessary) leave point guard duties to Lin when they are together on the floor. He would create more space with that and either his or his teammates' FG% would go up.

I too think Harden is best SG in the game right now, but that shouldn't give him the right to ignore plays and go ISO whenever he wants. If he wasn't that involved in the offense every single play, he could save some energy to play defense.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Member

2012'er who makes a post about Lin in a non Rockets thread and then completely hijacks the thread defending Lin and bashing Harden. LOF or not you have all the symptoms which makes you just as bad, possibly worse.

1 person likes this.
  13. Aussie_Fozzey

Aussie_Fozzey Member

Couldn't have said it any better.

14. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

So if a topic is about a player, we can't type any other players' name in the same topic? Like a comparison or something like that? I just wanted to point out Dion can't handle these things, while Lin can. I realize I hijacked the thread and sorry for that, but I was just answering to people. It seems like you can't type the word "Lin" anywhere on these boards nowadays. Btw, I think it was a fair comparison and at the beginning I always included Dion when answering to other people.

I don't care for the symptoms...I joined when Dragic was playing here. If anything, I'm a "DOH" if you really want to label people (but I'm not, because I stayed here and didn't go to Suns forum).

Anyway...let's ban all the people who say anything against Harden and also those who say Lin is playing good right now. Because what do you know, they are probably LOFs! Then you and other 50 who got to stay here will be able to praise whoever you want without any "intereference".

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Let's ban the people who bring the mind-numbing JLin "discussions" to the NBA Dish instead of leaving them in the trash (i.e, the GARM) where they belong.

For me, YOFs were easier to deal with than LOFs are now. They admitted who they were and weren't ashamed of it. I've noticed a lot of LOFs deny it but their obsessive & fanatical reactions to anything about Lin and the need to insert him into non-related topics give them away. Real Rockets fans don't give a flip about him any more than other Rockets role players.

16. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Member

That's a reflection of his most extreme fans and not Lin himself.

17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Well apparently you two have a PhD on LOFs, so it's pointless arguing with such brilliant minds.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dude STFU about Lin. You're being labeled a LOF because you start talking about Lin in a non-Lin thread. Why even bring Lin into a discussion about Dion Waiters? Waiters is getting double standard same as Lin?-> You just changed the topic from Waiters into Lin right there, what's the reason for doing that if you're not a LOF troll?

Lin already has his own website, go take your Lin bullcrap there:
    http://jeremylinfanshq.com/

Seriously I'm so sick of LOFs hijacking every single thread and using it as an excuse to praise Lin and bash everyone else, everyone who does that needs to be given the "LOF" status and only have rookie privileges moving forward.

So what was it about Dion Waiters again? LMAO the Cavs mgt office might be the worst the league has seen in decades.

19. King1

King1 Member

Shocking. Idiot LOF's are attempting to ruin another sub forum of the board

#59 King1, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You guys are ridiculous koperboy did nothing wrong.