1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

did anyone else get the chills last night when clinton came out through the corridor?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by brahma, Aug 15, 2000.

Tags:
  1. brahma

brahma Member

ok i didnt. but i thought when he was talking about bushs weak statements of how he and gore coasted along through 8 years and then said " let me be clear" and the crowd roared. that was pretty cool . except that the part about being a matter of choice not chance was from a poet named william jennings bryan.

------------------

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Bryan was a poet?

------------------
    "Hello! We're New Order. This is reading. You're the audience. Let's rock the ****ing house"

3. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I sure did.

Wait, you said "chills".

Never mind. I got the dry heaves. I guess that's not the same thing.

4. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I thought Bill did a great job last night. Loved his bashing of the republicans.

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

SirCFan -- I like Clinton's presidency as much as the next compartmentalizer. But while we're talking about him, I'd recommending skipping that signature.

6. Bobby

Bobby Member

Maybe the urge to throw up, but definitely no the chills.

------------------
    "Who Wants To Be A Rocket?" - and probably a millionaire as well. The off-season will be interesting!

7. dc sports

dc sports Member

I got the willies. Does that count?

------------------
    Stay Cool...

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

How self-important can one man be??? Are you serious?? This guy marched in like a rock star and then held hands and bowed to the crowd when he was done?? What the hell does he think he is, an actor?? Hey...maybe that's exactly what he is.

His speech was a joke...of course democrats will love republican-bashing..but his arrogance is so overwhelming it's funny. Don't think for one minute that Al Gore doesn't resent the fact that Clinton has taken such a large role in his campaign. His speech highlighting how he personally saved these individuals from despair was funny. One thing the Republicans do well is give credit to the American people for their own prosperity. Clinton would NEVER dare do that!! I think this man truly believes that he's created this economy. How sad...

------------------

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I know I don't believe anything the guy says. Did he really try to take credit for a decrease in teen pregnancy? I saw that on the news last night. The only possible ways he could have had an effect on teen pregnancy, would be either 1)Kids learned how to masturbate instead, thanks to Jocelyn Elders, 2)Kids are still having the sex, but now they're using the rubbers that some liberal passed out to them in school, or 3)Kids learned how to use a cigar in a more creative way, thanks to Bill. Thanks for "saving" our young people Clinton.

------------------
    Metal Sludge

10. outlaw

outlaw Member

I thought it was cool. They should have played the Rocky theme song during the hallway shot.

Freak, what's wrong with condoms in schools? You're against abortion AND birth control? kids are going to have sex with or without "rubbers" and wouldn't you rather they have them than not. It's not just a matter of preventing births but saving lives.

[This message has been edited by outlaw (edited August 16, 2000).]

11. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Thank you, Rocketman for making my point for me.

Bush is in political office 5 years and thinks he can be president? Ok, that is not arrogant. Thats confident. My bad.

But I do have to say that I agree with alot of people. Everytime I see Clinton speak, its like he is trying to sell me a used car. Oh, but wait. I feel like that about Bush, Gore, Lieberman and all politicians. Ok, forget what I said.

------------------
    I Want To Thank God For Making Me A Rocketfan

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

outlaw, I can see you'd rather fight symptoms, than actual problems. Don't want to get pregnant or AIDS, here's a condom. If that doesn't work, have an abortion. What's that, you mean not having sex is an option? You're kidding, right?

You know, people are going to rob banks no matter what. Why not supply them with bullet-proof vests, so they don't get killed while doing it?

------------------
    Metal Sludge

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Um, Freak ... Maybe this has something to do with your alias, but the rest of us learned how without consulting the Surgeon General.

14. outlaw

outlaw Member

That's a silly argument. Robbing a bank is wrong because it harms other people. Consentual sex does not. Were you a virgin when you got married?

15. Dirt

Dirt Member

Gee Outlaw,you're right. Try telling that to alot of the people that contracted AIDS.

------------------

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Actually, I heard him give credit to Americans numerous times in his speech.

And, Dubbya isn't arrogant at all.

What the f*ck ever.

------------------
    "I'll drop kick those f*ckin' dogs if they come anywhere near me."

visit www.swirve.com

17. dc sports

dc sports Member

Don't forget 4) They're not having sex at all, because he taught us that oral sex isn't sex. A crude person could add 5) Hillary isn't lettting him out of the house (or available females in) since the Lewinski thing.

Sorry [​IMG]

------------------
    Stay Cool...

18. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Jocelyn Elders didn't teach me to masturbate. She taught me to love. What she and I shared was special. Bittersweet to remember. She will always hold a special place in my heart of hearts-- when I struggle for inspiration in songwriting, I need only think of those big, myopic, slightly crossed eyes, and the words come to me.

------------------
    "To do nothing" is truly... a sentence fragment.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Kagy, I'm in tears!

------------------
    "I'll drop kick those f*ckin' dogs if they come anywhere near me."

visit www.swirve.com