1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did anybody hear Les on the season ticket holder conference call?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pat, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There was a conference call for season ticket holders today. Les, CD and at least one other person took calls. I heard part but kept getting called away to work (don't people understand?).

It sounded like they want to draft a big guard. They recognize it as a major need and say there are slim options at that position in the free agent market. They liked the Greek guy (I can't spell in english, much less guess in a foriegn language). Felt TMac and Yao Ming was the future and injuries were the problem this year. Someone complained about the trade of James for Alston. Les (maybe CD) said the trade never would have happened if Sura had not been injured.

Did anybody herar more or come away with a different opinion.

My question was "why does the NBA force season ticket holders to buy three crappy pre-season games at full price?", but for some reason that was not one of the questions they picked. Imagine!

2. docgundy

docgundy Member

what station was it on?

WE have a poster here that was asking everyone what he should ask.

Did Les say anything about JVG or Silas?

What did they say about Morey?

3. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was a conference call, not a broadcast.

I didn't catch antyhing on JVG. Not sure who Silas is. Paul?

Morey was a part of the team. Les felt the future would hold more of this type of analysis. Get on the cart now. He expects everyone else to stay.

4. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Finally I understand 'double post'.

5. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Brandon Roy or Rudy Gay come on down. I guess Ronnie Brewer, and Rodney Carney could be possiblities, but they've got more question marks than the other two.

I bet they'll take a look at PF too if Aldridge, Thomas, or maybe Bargnani falls.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

that leaves out the bbs favorite jj redick, also foye & marcus williams.

brandon roy would be great. carney too. other than that the big guards in the draft can't shoot (gay, brewer).

7. docgundy

docgundy Member

Why does everyone consider Roy a big guard? I believe he's something like 6-4.

Rudy Gay and then Rodney Carney are definitely who we should be looking at in that order. Ronnie Brewer is definitely a possibility, but he's not a top 7 pick, he can easily slip to 10th because of his elbow deformity causing his unorthodox shooting form.

8. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

It ended up being pre selected questions and since mine were hardball questions they did not pick them.

CD says Spanilious will be in camp next year and that they have full confidence in JVG.

As far as the Roster do not look for any big moves for two reasons, there are salery cap restrictions/a weak free agent class.

The ideal senario for the future is to retain Lindsey in a primary role and CD in a senior advisory role/special consultant to Les.

They acknowleged a need for a big athletic 2 and also said they have faith in Swift but will not rule out anyone other than T-MAC or YAO being traded.

Les said he is willing to go over the cap if there is the right sign and trade/ regualar trade out there.

Les said if we did not have the injuries we would of been a 50-60 win team this year and for us (the fans to have faith in them).

Nothing came up about selling the team or Bob Sura's health.

One more important note Les seemed like it was priority number one for him to get the Rockets back to the finals.

9. texanskan

FYI Gay is very overrated.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

docgundy, do you feel that Brewer's unorthodox shot will work in the NBA? This isn't meant as a criticism. I want to know your assessment.

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

For the top 3 picks yes, not at our 8th-10th pick.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

[​IMG] :confused: :confused:

13. texanskan

that's fair

14. docgundy

docgundy Member

It really depends. I myself had a very unorthodox shot, but it was on the money. Once I played at higher levels, the shot didn't work as much, so I had to change form, so within a matter of 2 years, I had gone from one of the best shooters of my class to a nobody. Ronnie Brewer seems the type of player who scores off the dribble and on cuts to the basket. He's a great creator for his team, but can he fit in this team? I don't think so. He's not good enough to be a 3rd option, and the spot-up shot is not his forte. He can certainly be a quality player, but I don't really see him as an upgrade over Keith Bogans. Rudy Gay is still the best bet, with Rodney Carney following.

15. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I think Gay's got Stro's heart. Sometimes he's there, sometimes he's not. If Gay was the best player on the board, I say we trade down 1 spot or try trading up . Hell, throw in Stro to make it work.

16. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

You have to like a guy like this for our team!

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Nonsense! Maybe with a 100% Sura, a younger version of Barry, James, and Padgett. With the current crew, ridiculous! That would have never happened, and if they don't make significant changes, next year, they will prove it. I am not buying the B.S. anymore. Put a decent team on the court, political correctness doesn't win in this league, talent does.

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

Well with Mac and Yao both healthy, we did go 21-10.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Take a look at the schedule, which teams were beaten in those twenty-one victories and what is their combined record at this point in the season? That record does not extrapolate to the entire schedule. If CD and Les want to sell the idea that they have assembled the supporting cast of the future, I'm not buying. Nothing more than PR baloney; the current role players suck and they know it.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Translation....

We got robbed.