1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Diane Feinstein: "I have never been more concerned"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Nov 16, 2015.

1. TheresTheDagger

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ly_isis_is_not_contain_isis_is_expanding.html

Feinstein: "I Have Never Been More Concerned. ISIS Is Not Contained. ISIS Is Expanding"

This is the Vice Chair of the Senate Intelligence committee and a leading DEMOCRAT SENATOR stating she is in COMPLETE DISAGREEMENT with President Obama.

Even Democrats are abandoning ship on this amateur President and his laughable foreign policy statements.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

13 stars, will read 4x.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Grandstanding. The intelligence on ISIS didn't change since the French bombing. She wasn't really concerned last week? Doink.

Also, "contained" obviously referred to the territory in the Middle East controlled by ISIS and the effort to contain it's conquest of more territory in the region. She thought it meant there were no ISIS in any other region on Earth? Such a stupid remark for a Senator.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Grandstanding by a Democrat against a Democrat president? LOL why?

I know you are on the Obama defense squad here, but you need to do a better job of making your spin more believable.

5. TheresTheDagger

Oh so you get to see the intelligence right?

SMH.

Obama slurper to the last.

6. Major

Major Member

Feinstein has been disagreeing with Obama for years - it's nothing new, and certainly not a sign that "Democrats are abandoning ship" on anything. She's liberal on domestic issues, but she's often been out of step with Democrats on foreign policy. Here are a few examples:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...f61118-8532-11e3-9dd4-e7278db80d86_story.html

http://lubbockonline.com/interact/b...in-questions-obama’s-credibility#.VkrBW78jpxU

7. TheresTheDagger

Apparently, so did Michael Flynn...the former leader of the Defense Intelligence Agency from 2012-2014. Why don't you read up on what he has to say of Obama's handling of the intelligence in Syria and Iraq. He is lets just say....less than complimentary.

8. val_modus

val_modus Member

Lets ramp up the aggression in the region: more drone strikes, bomb more targets, maybe even troops on the ground. That should give us at least a few more generations of radicals that can allow us to keep funneling money into the defense sector.

9. CometsWin

No, I'm just not a hysterical moron.

Were they in fewer than a dozen countries last week? Errr, no. Were they not making videos last week? Err, no. Were they not planning attacks last week? Errr, no. Nothing has fundamentally changed but the fear mongering.

#9 CometsWin, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hmmmm..... ;)

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

She's been in the game long enough to do things. I'm guessing she's pushing for more surveillance and other erosions in American civil liberties.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Obama does, all you seem to have is your imaginary scorecard and weird imagery.

13. Major

Major Member

TWO people disagree with the President?! :eek: I'm shocked! He also has been disageeing with Obama a long time - I still fail to see how pointing out people that disagreed with Obama for years are examples of everyone suddenly jumping ship.

Unlike the GOP where you're all required to believe the same things or you get primaried, Dems have extensive disagreements on major issues all the time.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Repubs call Obama out, oh it's just repub'tards? Dem disagrees with Obama, she's just grandstanding? Or just maybe Obama was wrong to make that claim on the record and to the public?

Serious question to you die hard supporters, has he ever been wrong?

15. Major

Major Member

The thread wasn't a discussion about the merits of Obama's view. It was that Feinstein disagreeing is an indication that Dems all jumping ship.

But on your topic, why is it that if some people disagree with Obama, that's evidence that he is wrong? If some people agreed with Obama, would it mean he's right?

Condi Rice stated today that the US should accept Syrian refugees. Since 1 Republican agreed with Obama, does it mean he's right on that issue? The whole premise of your argument is flawed.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

She was the lady against snowden too. She is 82 years. I wonder if she knows what a computer is. Why the heck is she on the intelligence committee.

17. CometsWin

It's got nothing to do with "die hard supporters". Pretty sure Feinstein is a Democrat just like Obama.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's stupid to play this inane game with presidential comments, be they dumb or ill-timed or whatever.

We are in the real world, and policy is what is important. Bombing ISIS, working to unite the civilized world against them (even and especially if it would include some flipping middle eastern nations), and keeping our own boots OFF that messed up soil is the right policy, IMHO. The more Obama does that, the more I think he's doing the right thing. I didn't even like the sending advisors part, b/c it always starts with the "advisors" and their "limited role."

19. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

[​IMG]

US Embassy in Tel Aviv not knowing basic flag protocol...showing solidarity with the Netherlands. Thanks a lot Obama!
    Am I doing it right?

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That's pretty good. But why do you hate the Netherlands? :grin: