1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Deshaun GQ

red5rocket and Mr. Clutch like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sexy AF

3. conquistador#11

Tanktop by Watson, $299.
    =)

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

#3424 zeeshan2, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

There boys off the field.

But that’s respect either way.

6. showa13

showa13 Member

If I recall, Jalen questioned the move to start Tom Savage in the first game, saying everything changed when Deshaun entered the game.

They have the same agent currently, there’s definitely a bond there.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Who doesn't like Deshaun? Dude could be the next Peyton Manning as far as likeabiity goes

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Deshaun and Wentz are a cut above the rest of the young QBs.

Those two will be the new manning, Brady.

Although I think wentz is more elway and Watson is more like Rodgers.

Either way barring injury these two are hof qbs imo.

red5rocket and Fulgore like this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Wentz inherits a harder schedule. Looses his OC. We'll see...

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Watson needs to start recruiting Ramsey to the Texans

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm not a Texans fan at all since I moved away from Houston before the Oilers even left town. However, I have to say I'm a big Watson fan. I've never seen a young quarterback make good decisions under duress the way he does. Even if he loses his athleticism, he would still be one of the top quarterbacks in the NFL.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah right. They'll have to give one to Wentz because they'll get tired of awarding it to Watson every year. Wentz is no where close to being on Watson's level.

Fulgore likes this.
  13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

WUT? He was the leader for MVP voting last year before his injury?

14. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

And Watson was ahead of him before his injury

Houstunna, Fulgore and coachbadlee like this.
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If neither would have gotten injured Wentz (nor anyone else for that matter) wouldn't have had a chance.

16. donkeypunch

Its true he had no chance against Watson for the 6 games he played, nobody did, but its false to think Watson maintains that torrid pace throughout the entire year. As much as we want him to, theres just no way.

Brady finished with a 102.8 rating for the year and Carson finished with a passer rating of 101.9 and was pretty consistent all year, including more team wins than the Texans. If Watson were to regress back to average or slightly above average, it wouldve looked bad for him since he came off so hot. Similar to a high ranked college football team losing 1 game at the end of the season rather than in the beginning.

Of course, if Watson finishes the season like he started, he would be crowned MVP of all MVPs that came before or would have come after him, but theres just no way. Looking at the whole scope of the season and say Wentz didnt have a shot is preposterous.

Fullcourt likes this.
  17. Nimo

Nimo Member

They take winning record in MVP consideration. Wentz's team was 11-2 (6-1 after 7 games), Watson's was 3-4. I think that gave Wentz the slight edge.

18. donkeypunch

Yup.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't think it's preposterous to think that Watson will progress in the pros the same way he did in college. If you watched him in his college days he got better as time went on. Both coaches, college and pro, say that he doesn't make many mistakes. Never the same twice. As a rookie he broke NFL records. The has set records in every level of his career. There is absolutely no reason to believe he could not continue the pace. With a crappy line, mind you. Wentz was pampered by a great team. It was evident when Foles came in and didn't miss a beat. Wentz would have looked like Schaub with our team from last season. You can keep blowing these other QBs up if you want. I prefer to recognize what's real. In the next few years they will be talking about Watson being better than Brady when its all said and done. Yule C.

Fulgore, rockbox and TheRealist137 like this.
  20. donkeypunch

Are you reading what youre saying? I understand he got better in college( The pros aint the same man). I understand hell get better in the pros as well, but last years sample size stats are not a good base floor to say hes gonna get better from. The pace he was on in the pros was not a sustainable pace. The reason being that NO ONE has ever done it in the entirety of the history of the NFL. Ever. Teams had yet to see his weaknesses, be it coaching or himself, to game plan for. I dont doubt that hes gonna be talked about as one of the greats but if Brady couldnt attain such numbers with a great team and great coach on top of being a great qb, how is Watson gonna do it with a lesser team and lesser coach? I guarantee you hes not gonna match the same stats in any 6 game streatch this year as he did in that 6 game stretch last year. Ill bet you a $20 tip jar wager on that and Ill happily eat a Thanksgiving crow meal if does.

Blow him up...? I dont disagree with Wentz having a better team around him but did you watch his games? The guy made great reads, great throws and was a hell of a qb. How about just recognizing greatness in a player even if hes not on your team? You dont attain a 100 passer rating by sucking, no matter how good your team is.

red5rocket, raining threes and Nimo like this.