1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derek Fisher is "Character Driven"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by liljojo, Aug 1, 2010.

Tags:
  1. intergalactic

intergalactic Member

Fisher only looks clutch because it's such a surprise that he hits any shots at all.

2. adoo

adoo Member

true.

the hate, over that play, should be directed at the entire Lakers team and coaching staff.

it was a team effort, pre-meditated; the coaching staff had call the play, for Odom to draw Scola out to the 3 pt area and then quickly reverse direction. It was for Fisher to deliver the blind side hit immediately after Scola (in following Odom) had revesed his direction

3. Steve_Francis_rules

What are you talking about? The Rockets had the ball on that play. Scola was setting a screen for Lowry. Odom wasn't even part of the play.

4. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Member

I like Danny Ainge better than Derek Fisher. That should tell you something.
    I will grant you they are effective.

IMO the worst sort of player is one overly physical and sneaky with the cheap shots on one end, while being the big flopper on the other. Talk about anti-sporting. Malone, Laimbeer, Bowen, there were others worse, but Fisher is up there as a dirty point guard.

1 person likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Are you a Rockets fan, by chance?

If Scola & Sura were the worst floppers in the league, the NBA would suddenly be a man's game again.​

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Leave it to a D. Fish fan to first blame the Rox fans and then the Lakers organization for Fisher's dirty play.

7. min

min Member

Fish is a good example of a lying (using his daughter to move back to LA), cheating (flopping P.O.S.), no talent person riding the coat tails of someone else… all the way to the finish line

8. OkayAyeReloaded

I don't hate battier either.

I like the defense, locker room presence/team captain, and the unsung little things (the "No-stats all-star" article) he has done for the rockets over the years.

Not going to try to convince you. You hate the guy both on and off the court, I only hate the guy on the court.

Cool with me, you have a right to you're own opinion and I respect that.

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Fisher cant fight the fact he is a huge douche plain and simple. On the court he does alot alot to every team when his team starts losing he gets into his throw a fit mode and starts laying into players of the opposing teams and throwing himself to the ground or into them. Its a desperate attempt to pull out all the stops. Danny Ainge was a similar player. When they lose they arent good people to be playing aginst during that time. They are sore losers.

10. Zboy

Zboy Member

He is fake and a douche. One of the best cheaters in the history of the NBA.

11. Zboy

Zboy Member

Thank you.

12. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

Can't believe people are actually defending Derek Fisher... wtf ClutchFans?? :confused:

13. aelliott

aelliott Member

Not that it really matters but I will clarify that Fisher's daughter had her surgery performed in NYC but her subsequent treatments were in LA. (where they have a retinoblastoma clinic). Fisher's daughter had her surgery (in NYC) while he was still with the Jazz. He then told the Jazz that he needed to move to one of the cities where they had a retinoblastoma clinic. There were 7 cities which had both a retinoblastoma clinic and an NBA team.

He ended up choosing LA and his daughter has had her treatments there and apparently things have gone well. At the time Fisher gave up $8M in guarenteed money to go to LA and sign with a lesser (at the time) team. The voiding of Fisher's contract also allowed the Jazz to sign Kyle Korver.
    Seems like Fisher did exactly like he said he was going to do, I'm not seeing the big lie here.

As for the Scola hit, it was a cheap play but sometimes good guys do stupid things. Hakeem sucker punched Billy Paulz in game 6 of the '85 playoffs, does that make him a bad guy?

Fisher got the best care possible for his daughter and I believe that any parent would do the same if they were able.

14. T_Man

T_Man Member

LOL Youngsters....

That hit by Fisher was nothing compared to the guys in this era...

That was a love tap...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Steve_Francis_rules

I've never met the guy and I'm not aware of him doing anything terrible off the court, so I certainly don't hate him when he takes off his Lakers jersey.

Derek Fisher actually brought me one of my favorite basketball memories of the last decade. In 2003, when the Lakers were getting destroyed by the Spurs in the playoffs, in the final game, Fisher was sitting on the Lakers bench literally in tears as his team was down huge with only minutes left. I loved it.

16. OkayAyeReloaded

lol, fair enough.

I'm still looking for a crying jason terry and mehmet okur footage.

17. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

it doesnt really matter b/c if it was my daughter, i would move her to NY or LA too. but they do have a retinoblastoma clinic in Ogden, Utah 40 miles north of SLC. and he could have just taken a leave of absence to be with his daughter in LA or NY.

the guy is a millionaire who travels most of the year with his team right? does he have to play for the city where his daughter is getting treatment? and dont give me the utah was better than LA crap b/c it was pre-Gasol. Kobe was playing out of his mind. anyone could see that Utah was never going anywhere and LA was destined for at least one more championship.

and i highly doubt his daughter was going to die if he didnt leave utah for the lakers.

#57 bullardfan, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  18. aelliott

aelliott Member

You already gave the answer. You don't mess around with your child's health. You get them the best treatment that you can. He did exactly what you say you would have done... took her to LA or NYC.

Yes he travels, that's a neccessity for NBA players. So because he travels alot he should be willing to be away from her even more? Of course not, he's going to be there as much as possible.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Aelliot,

Not going to argue with you, but I believe that he used her as an excuse to get out of Utah.

But, then again, I think he is a punkish player...so, pretty sure my view is skewed.

DD

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

the people who is praising Fisher are the same people that says that Hakeem is classless. :mad:

Get out of Clutchfans lakers fans!!!

Im surprised that goldbug hasnt posted here.