1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Demeco = all the other Houston Coaches

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Sep 23, 2024 at 3:03 AM.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'll admit, I've been HOODWINKED, BAMBOOZLED and lead astray. I thought this time was different but after all these years, I should have known.....ITS THE SAME THING!

Bum Phillips - love him but he was conservative
    Ed Biles - just a defensive coach
    Ed Hughes - just to get Warren Moon
    Jerry Glanville - joke of a coach
    Jack Pardee - too nice
    Jeff Fisher - too conservative
    Don Capers - too conservative
    Kubiac - stubborn and too conservative
    O'Brien - stubborn and too conservative
    Demeco - stubborn and too conservative

* One yr coaches and interims don't count

Houston has never had a Championship Head Coach. A Tom Landry, Chuck Knoll, Bill Walsh or Andy Reid type of a coach. It's always been good but not great....AVERAGE!

They are always good on one side of the ball but never put together a great team. They will always play good at home but never win big games on the road when needed and it always, always lead to being too conservative. Nothing different! No innovation! Never rising above the situation.

It hit me after this lost, with Demeco it's more of the same. Same thing in Baltimore as last yr. And even with MORE talent, it's the same results it all leads to COACHING.

BUT.....People are going to blame Tunsil and the O-line but it's been a problem for yrs. People are going to blame the running game but it's been like that for yrs. People are going to blame the DBs playing 5-10 yds off the line of scrimmage and giving up 3rd downs and not playing tight in coverage BUT GUESS WHAT....ITS BEEN LIKE THAT FOR YRS.

#1 hlmbasketball, Sep 23, 2024 at 3:03 AM
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2024 at 3:13 AM
  2. Buck Turgidson

I blame you.

3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously, you're a fan of being avg

4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

I know it's an overreaction Monday but let's not go this far. D Ryan is a good coach, this is a work in progress and is only year 2, we have the foundational pieces and now the staff needs to right the ship on some glaring issues, but I have faith and even though I am mad as hell today I have faith in this team and this staff. We`re still 2-1, its very early and I am not going to jump off the bus........................was it ugly, hell yea it was but let's not lose all faith

5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Name me one position group of Minnesota's that's better than Houston's?

The only position group I gave them on yesterday was RB and that's because our top two were out. The Texans are better at every other position group....its coaching

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Oh shut up. It’s one bad game. Between this and those who called for Espada to be fired, I’m so sick of modern “fans.”

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol damn did you think they were going 17-0? They loss to a decent team on the road. They will bounce back. The clock will strike midnight on Darnold and the Vikings.

8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Let's keep things in perspective. First, it's one game against a good team that we've never beat. Remember we lost to a terrible Panthers team last week and came back to win a playoff game. Everyone has bad days, this was a bad day against a team that out played and out coached us. We need to learn from this and move on. Minnesota looked good on both sides of the ball.

MadMax and JayGoogle like this.
  9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You guys don't get it! It's not about going 17-0, I picked them to go 11-6.

I thought our goal was AFC Championship or better and the thing is, in order to beat KC and Bal in Jan, you have to play like them in Sept - Dec. They play with a level of CONSISTENCY.

Sure KC and Bal may win or lose ugly but they do not get blown out! They do not lose control. The Texans looked the same way they did when they played in Baltimore during the playoffs.....THEY LOST CONTROL!

Baltimore is 1-2 and they are not playing well and they played against far better competition than Minnesota. KC went into Atl and beat a VERY HOT Falcons team.

WE CAN NOT KEEP MAKING EXCUSES THAT ITS JUST ONE GAME. YOUR COACH HAVE TO DEMAND A CERTAIN LEVEL AT ALL TIMES

Houstunna likes this.
  10. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So what do you suggest the Texans do?

12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I suggest that Demeco BENCH Tunsil or at least take the "C" off his jersey! Belichick would, Tomlinson would, Andy Reid would! This would make a statement TEAM WIDE!

If this was a one off, I would cut Tunsil some slack but he has been doing this since he arrived and if your team captain is making fundental mistakes, it's a game wrecker.... YOU. CAN. NOT. HAVE. IT

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, C'mon? So, you see this as acceptable?

Explain to me how a team with CJ, Diggs, Tank, Nico, and the other weapons we have only score 7 pts in a game?

Explain to me why we can't run the ball with a high price O-line?

Explain to me why we are playing 10yds off the ball on 3rd down and 5? Or why they are playing Murray against JJ in the Red Zone?

When you accept less, you do less. It all goes back to coaching

houstonstime likes this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

The Chiefs start slow every year. This year, they've been bailed out three weeks in a row, I believe. They're very lucky so far this year.

But they continually get better through the season. That is a sign of a good team. Let's see how we bounce back from this.

Unless you think Andy Reid is a mid coach.

zeeshan2 and conquistador#11 like this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

San Fran, Dallas and Baltimore is 1-2, Bengals are 0-2 and all are considered SB contenders(even the Chiefs have been lucky to be 3-0), our division is awful and doesn't have any top 10 QBs(even if Trevor is paid like one). It could be a lot worse honestly

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You're missing what I'm saying. I don't mind the 2-1 start. I predicted it. However, I thought the loss would be to Indy, not Minnesota.

And slow starts are common, they started slow last yr. My problem is the way they are losing and the coaching mishaps. It's the NFL, any team can be beaten on any given Sunday but with this much talent, getting beat like that should not happen.

17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

AGAIN! It's not about the loss in general, it's the WAY they loss. This team should not look like this.

They lost control!

18. Genesis

Genesis Member

Overreaction Monday. Yes, we lost. Yes, we played like **** and got blown out. Yes, we committed inexcusable penalties.

Let's see how they respond before demanding we bench our best pass protector. I'm glad they got their ass handed to them... the last thing I want this team to feel is complacent and listen to the media about how great they are.

19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure they will respond and play better but until they are held to a higher standard, it will repeat itself!

I'm sure it will look similar to last yr, we make the playoffs win a playoff game and then go on the road and get blown out in Rnd 2. And that becomes acceptable, because that's what some fans accept as a GOOD SEASON.

Its just funny how the same teams keep falling short and repeating themselves; Houston, Cleveland, Buffalo, Tennessee,

20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Even if you hate stroud and want him to get injured, there's no coach on earth present, past, or future who would bench him.