1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Delusional] Scottie Pippen thinks he can coach, get guys off

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The guy is still a friggin flake. He thinks he can just march in and everyone would listen to him because he had rings. If he was serious, he would have paid his dues already and did some kind of assistant work-- even if he thought he was ready for the head job from the start. Friggin eogmaniac. And maybe it's just me, but I have heard him talk on TV. I think the team will require a translator for all players if they hire him as a coach.

2. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Wow...I can't believe I'm surprised at how much of a douche he sounds like. He thinks he shouldn't have to pay his dues because he's a former player who won championships.

Ask Kareem about that...*******.

3. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

He's gotta keep some kind of NBA status, or his fine ass wife will leave him.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This isn't a knock on pippen, he will get bashed enough. but the number one quality to be a coach is leadership. I'll never claim to be a leader, and neither should scottie.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah right. :rolleyes:

The guy who refused to go into the game with the game on the line because the play wasn't called for him wants to be a coach. Hahahahaha

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He will never live that down. I think it's a joke he feels someone should hand him an NBA head coaching job. Pardon my extreme cynicism, but I think Pip wants it for the money.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

MJ as a GM > Pippen as a coach

That is sad.

8. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

First Yaozer, now Scottie? :p

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

She might leave him anyway once she finds out he is really interested in getting guys off.

Just sayin'.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Worse than that, not only should he not have to pay his dues, he shouldn't even have to apply for the job. It sounds like he expects GMs to be cold-calling him to see if he'd want to coach their teams. Avery Johnson started talking about coaching before he stopped playing and no doubt had his agent working to position him to start applying to assistant jobs. It sounds like Scottie's just waiting for the phone to ring.

11. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

no one thought reggie theus could coach

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The Bulls could hire Pippen and trade for McGrady and have the "quittingest" team of all time.

It might even be better than the Knicks.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

So he proved himself and got his chance.

14. poprocks

poprocks Member

Nice statement about him being able to get other guys to be productive if Mike was jacking too many shots up. Now if only we had someone who could do that.

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

:rolleyes: what a douchetardhole

Umm...did he EVER put his name in before about a coaching job, with all the other 1000's of candidates who ACTIVELY sought a position?

last we all heard, he was trying to get back in the league as a PLAYER last year.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

He also talked to Jordan and they decided how they should play the pick-n-roll against the Jazz in the Finals. That Phil is such a genius! :rolleyes:

17. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Scottie Pippen wants to get guys off!!

get guys off :confused:

Call the papers.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I hate Pippen as much as everyone else but the Chicago Pippen was an amazing player. He was a great defender and played smart. Hence the reason he played a lot of "Point Forward". Made the All-Defense team about 10 times. I still hate his guts but the man is a Future HOFer. Will he be a good coach? Probably not.

19. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

This must be posted in any thread where Pippen is mentioned.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h0f1EsUVCIU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h0f1EsUVCIU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I want him to coach the Knicks.

I'm serious