1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deke's Injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Apr 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. thumps

thumps Member

They just said strained knee???

2. Yodels

Yodels Member

Bull said it was a strained knee. It will be evaluated further at a later time...maybe this is good news?

3. jaykay

jaykay Member

Just a few minutes ago in the game, Matt Bullard said the staff reported it was a knee strain, and deke will be flying back to houston for further tests.

4. RV6

RV6 Member

Knee strain or sprain?

either one, it's not necessarily good news just because it's a strain/sprain. It can still be a minor strain/sprain or severe. Sever means something was torn/detached from joint, so it could be bad.

5. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

What is the difference between strain and sprain? And how serious is that??

6. jmejia

jmejia Member

So what is it a strained knee. I hope he will be ok.

This is messed up man!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rockets curse

7. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Member

they just said he was examined by portland team doctors and they hear its a ruptured tendon.

8. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Way to go Rockets organisation. First you lowball him for years, then you disrespect him by acting like you do not need him, then you bring him back and you do not play, now you play him and guess what:
    HIS FREAKING KNEE COLLAPSED ON HIM !!!

Why ? Because he never got enough minutes of playing time in the regular season !!! If Deke goes out like this, you can thank the whole Rockets organisation, mainly Morey, RA and the coaching staff.

Congrats aholes, way to end the last legend left :mad:

9. dawu

dawu Member

Heard it might be a ruptured tendon.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

He'll be evaluated further in Houston.. so we don't know yet if he's going to play anymore in the playoffs.

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

Man, this ruined my night. You don't wanna see Deke end his career that way. He looked in so much pain........

12. jaychi

jaychi Member

Knee injuries can take the form of a sprain or a strain. Sprains result from suddenly stretching or tearing the ligaments that hold the bones together. A strain is an injury to the muscles or the tendons that connect the muscles to the bones. In most cases, either type of injury will take about 6 to 8 weeks to heal.

13. RV6

RV6 Member

damn, then it's a strain, a strain involves muscle/tendons, sprain is ligaments...if the tendon ruptured it's a grade 3 (out of 3), not good..

14. durvasa

durvasa Member

That really makes no sense. Calm down. Part of the reason Deke has played well into his 40s is that he's been playing sparingly the last 3 years of his career.

15. baller4life315

Jesus. I was nearly in tears here at the bar watching him get taken out on a stretcher. Needless to say, I hope he's okay. He deserves better than to go out like this.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Membar
    Supporting Member

I'm calling it a ruptured patellar tendon.

No way a sprain would take Deke down that hard and that long.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

His career ends with a stretcher? Man what a freaking sad story.

18. dero72

dero72 Member

I mostly agree.

And I add, I told yall so.

19. RV6

RV6 Member

STFU, that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard, if anything, they may have prevented this from happening earlier, deke wasn't pushed or hit, it just gave out on him, that could be due to his age, which is exactly why they decided to save him for when it mattered, it's not like deke didn't work out on his own to stay in shape...

20. Yodels

Yodels Member

I don't blame the Rockets...sometimes **** happens...it's how one reacts to **** that defines success.