1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Morey, Please trade the ball stoppers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brian_chapman, Oct 23, 2010.

1. DaJet

DaJet Member

Okay :rolleyes:

2. DaJet

DaJet Member

He's still declining. :rolleyes:

3. thumbs

thumbs Member

I agree completely (Shane's decline). We need to use Shane as trade bait so he can retire and return as a coaching assistant. IMO,. that's the best of all scenarios.

4. dreamshake09

dreamshake09 Member

Based on what?

5. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Doesn't really smell like dope here, but I'm sure it does where Brian is at. Apparently, it's good stuff too.

6. thumbs

thumbs Member

Effectiveness.

7. monster

monster Member

I agree with the fact that Battier is on the decline, but he still has valuable defense. I think Bud needs to get similar minutes.

Brooks-He's a scorer first, a good one, but his size hurts his ability to be a good passing pg. I would only accept losing him if we got a star pg.

Jeffries-I think he's played well at times, but he's just an expiring to us. He won't be with the team too much longer.

Ish/Lee-I haven't seen enough preseason to have an opinion. I've heard good things about both. Lee gives us quality depth.

8. DaJet

DaJet Member

How about a star wing like Melo, Granger, Iggy or Wallace?

9. texascityman31

LMFAO!!! This guy just opened up a big can of dog SH&* and ate it!!!!!! He is being attacked from all orifices. I love it. lol!!!!!!! :grin:

10. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

People here are ignorant. If you don't agree with someone please explain why instead of calling for the ban hammer. This why alot of people stop coming to the garm.

11. YaoMingsSoulja

lee is a ball stopper but has played like two games with this team he'll learn and AB can afford to stop the ball every once in awhile. Jj will not be on this team for more then a year.

12. dreamshake09

dreamshake09 Member

And what data is being used to judge effectiveness?

13. IceMan

IceMan Member

I knew from day one that the deal with Sac/NYK was horrible simply because Jeffries would come here and completely stall our offense with his ball hogging ways.

I mean if I see Jeffries hog the ball for 20 secs then chuck up a brick one more time, i am going to jump off a bridge.

Jeffries makes TMac look like John Stockton.

This thread is brilliant and I will blow it up and make a poster of it.

14. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Plain and simple, Rick's offense doesn't allow for "Ballstoppers". Rick's offense is a read and react offense, everything should be moving, a motion offense. If there is a ballstopper, the offense is gonna come too a halt and won't run properly.

Brooks, JJ, Lee are named as ballstoppers. I don't believe that to be the case. Brooks is the fastest guy on the court and is Rick's PG. Sure he's a shoot first PG. But that's to his advantage and should use it, size and passing are not. IMO he overcomes some of his liabilities with his strengths. If Rick's offense is a read and react, how would he put up with a ballstopper as PG? He wouldn't and Rick hand picked Aaron watching him play in Portland.

JJ and Lee? Really? Lee is meant too score when he's in the game. JJ is normally gonna score on put backs, cutting to the basket and smart plays. I don't think Rick is gonna run plays for the guy.

I think the OP just wants to blow smoke up our a$$ and make something out of nothing, while trying to disguise this I wanna trade Brooks, Lee, jj, Shane, draft picks for a superstar thread.

15. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

lmao. x 2.

16. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

Dear brian,

FAIL

-josh-

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Where are the adults on this site, stop with the name calling. Just say you disagree and state your points and keep it moving.

I take AB all day and I will give Courtney Lee the opportunity to learn the offense, however, the dude does dribble the air out of the ball. Yes it's true, Jeffries will not see major minutes no time during this year.

18. Kam

Kam Member

Hopefully, this thread gets more interesting.

Thread is garbage.

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

20. peterlake144

peterlake144 Member

Isn't Houston a top 10 media market?