1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deandre Hopkins for Titans #1 draft pick (1st overall)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by what, Jan 10, 2016.

1. what

what Member

You do it, or not?

2. yo

yo Contributing Member

Are you asking questions just for the sake of asking questions?

3. what

what Member

I am.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Doesn't make much sense

6. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

NO.... NO....

7. what

what Member

It really does. The Texans get their pick of qbs (which they ain't going to go anywhere without one) and the titans get one of the best wr to pair with Mariota.

If hopkins weren't such a beast, ya'll wouldn't even get close to the #1 pick in the draft with 2 first round picks, and 2 seconds, if not more.

I am assuming that the titans would consider that deal, but even with hopkins, they might not. Since Tunsil is such a beast.

8. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Interesting..

realistically... they'll probably still ask for more value. Like DeAndre and a 2nd or something.

But, you're gonna have to ask yourself if Jared Goff or Paxton Lynch is really going to be head and shoulders better than guys like Connor Cook or Carson Wentz

also, how BoB value Hack vs the other QB come in play.

If this was a draft where there was Mariota available and a team was already set with their QB willing to trade their 1st overall, I'd prolly would do it

9. what

what Member

I also think, if I am the texans that I go all out to move up in the draft. But they probably won't. They are probably going to look at hackenburg in the first.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Offer Clowney instead and see if the Titans bite :grin:

1 person likes this.
  11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

And you F the Texans for years to come, hell to the naw...

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Our QB would suck then...who would he throw to?

13. what

what Member

You are looking at it with the right kind of logic.

The main reason that the texans wont do a deal like this is IF THEY ARE WRONG and draft a qb bust, then they will be out of a job quick, since they gave up probably the best young receiver to come out in a while. It would be grounds for termination for real.

But no risk no reward.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Nobody here cares about your Titans and what you'd like to acquire for them.

Wouldn't surprise me if they found a way to trade down and not get all that much value for the pick.... It's a roster that has much more needs than just a WR.

15. what

what Member

They aren't trading down. They are highly committed to protecting Marcus Mariota, which means that they are going to make sure they can draft Laremy Tunsil.

If anything they finagle something out of cleveland for the #2 pick in the draft.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

This thread makes the Texans performance yesterday look like the Chiefs performance yesterday.

17. what

what Member

I don't quite understand what that means. But I expected that the texans fans hear to be grief-stricken over the deal.

Anyway, I would assume that the titans value Laremy Tunsil more than they value Deandre Hopkins, so yall don't have anything to worry about.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It means that this thread is embarrassingly bad, even more so than the Texans performance yesterday....you know, kind of like Titans football

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

ah yes... The real super bowl. Who can win the draft between Tennessee and Cleveland, yet still not manage to actually build anything sustainable.

I have a feeling that head-to-head toilet-bowl matchup could be going on for awhile...

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Many reasons why this wouldn't work, but the largest reason of which is the Titans would absolutely never hand the Texans the top pick as a way to get a franchise QB. Never in a million years.

Strictly in terms of value it makes sense, but logically not at all.